The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 February 2021, 03:25 AM   #5611
edo
"TRF" Member

So Hublot is out and RM is official sponsor od Scuderia Ferrari F1.
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2021, 03:47 AM   #5612
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

I got a call saying my 72-01 will be avail sometime next month or the month after, mega pumped, will be my second RM (first 67-02 Ogier which has been beyond incredible for the past 2.5 years). At this point I think they've got a pretty solid line for it (I'm hearing 1-2 years for known clients) for those inquiring.
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2021, 04:01 AM   #5613
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
I got a call saying my 72-01 will be avail sometime next month or the month after, mega pumped, will be my second RM (first 67-02 Ogier which has been beyond incredible for the past 2.5 years). At this point I think they've got a pretty solid line for it (I'm hearing 1-2 years for known clients) for those inquiring.

Congrats and wear it in good health. Please share pics when you get it. Was it the RG or TT version you got ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eiesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2021, 04:08 AM   #5614
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiesh View Post
Congrats and wear it in good health. Please share pics when you get it. Was it the RG or TT version you got ?

Ti (with the dash of gold haha)
Old 22 February 2021, 09:19 PM   #5615
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow, congrats! How did you pull that off with such a limited purchase history? 72-01 is gorgeous, they finally slimmed the case down.

What a world we live in we have to beg and stand inline to hand over $200k for a watch.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 02:02 AM   #5616
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Wow, congrats! How did you pull that off with such a limited purchase history? 72-01 is gorgeous, they finally slimmed the case down.

What a world we live in we have to beg and stand inline to hand over $200k for a watch.

Tbh, I got pretty lucky as my friend who had worked elsewhere for years before started working at the boutique, and also has a motorsports background (I raced in grand-am, and currently collect and he was in data/crew for indy) and he ended up introducing me to the various RM management (RM is really, REALLY about people who are passionate in the car and racing world, that's not just a brand image for them, it's really a lifestyle) and some of the events I had been planning, which were fortuitous as they involved Mclaren in some way shape or form whom they were also sponsoring and they managed to make the first 67-02 happen, which became the first watch I drove over 200 MPH in. Since I've been to nearly every event RM has invited me to, and met many people who are very close friends of mine now and well, a few years later when the 72-01 came out I knew this was the second piece that really fit into my collection, and again...they made it happen for me which is extremely exciting. Im sure the fact that I still have the 67-02 Ogier they got me even with the market being where it is helped...and purportedly they dont just like giving a ton of hot watches to one person...so the couple year gap was actually a good thing. Anyways, thats how it worked out for me 😂.
Old 24 February 2021, 03:15 AM   #5617
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...-Contract.html

Excited to see what collaboration models they come out with!
Old 24 February 2021, 04:56 AM   #5618
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Tbh, I got pretty lucky as my friend who had worked elsewhere for years before started working at the boutique, and also has a motorsports background (I raced in grand-am, and currently collect and he was in data/crew for indy) and he ended up introducing me to the various RM management (RM is really, REALLY about people who are passionate in the car and racing world, that's not just a brand image for them, it's really a lifestyle) and some of the events I had been planning, which were fortuitous as they involved Mclaren in some way shape or form whom they were also sponsoring and they managed to make the first 67-02 happen, which became the first watch I drove over 200 MPH in. Since I've been to nearly every event RM has invited me to, and met many people who are very close friends of mine now and well, a few years later when the 72-01 came out I knew this was the second piece that really fit into my collection, and again...they made it happen for me which is extremely exciting. Im sure the fact that I still have the 67-02 Ogier they got me even with the market being where it is helped...and purportedly they dont just like giving a ton of hot watches to one person...so the couple year gap was actually a good thing. Anyways, thats how it worked out for me 😂.
interesting story
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 07:26 AM   #5619
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great story and congrats again. Can't wait to see pictures!
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
Old 2 March 2021, 12:10 AM   #5620
edomanu
"TRF" Member

Hello,
I'd like to buy my first RM. My favourites are 72-01 and 67-02 but I should buy an entry level, 67-01 or 030.
Which is your pick? What do you think about 67-01? Is it very High demand or not? I like it very much but I don't know if it is a true RM ... 30 wears big to me but it's fine

thank you
edomanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 03:35 AM   #5621
edomanu
"TRF" Member

Hello I need advice from RM guys! Can you help me? �� I really want to get into RM.
I’m planning to buy new RM 30 ti.

Is it difficult to have from boutique? How long does it take to have it? Do you need to be client or not??
What do you think about RM 30ti ? Or I buy it or I don’t buy RM. is RM 030 a good choise ??

I need your feedback, please help me ����
Thank you
edomanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2021, 10:03 AM   #5622
Johndong888
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by edomanu View Post
Hello I need advice from RM guys! Can you help me? �� I really want to get into RM.
I’m planning to buy new RM 30 ti.

Is it difficult to have from boutique? How long does it take to have it? Do you need to be client or not??
What do you think about RM 30ti ? Or I buy it or I don’t buy RM. is RM 030 a good choise ??

I need your feedback, please help me ����
Thank you

Do it. Should be an order piece. Introduce yourself to your local boutique. Every store is going to be different.

Johndong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 12:44 AM   #5623
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

A couple of lightweights...

Old 1 April 2021, 04:44 AM   #5624
Sleepy996
"TRF" Member

Funny pic from F1 last week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RM.jpg (79.4 KB, 982 views)
Old 1 April 2021, 07:37 AM   #5625
TopherMins
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
Picked this up from the NY boutique about a month ago. I’ve owned numerous RMs and this one is so different and special. I currently have an 11-03 and this and I don’t think the 11-03 is going to get much wrist time anymore.

TopherMins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 08:15 AM   #5626
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopherMins View Post
Picked this up from the NY boutique about a month ago. I’ve owned numerous RMs and this one is so different and special. I currently have an 11-03 and this and I don’t think the 11-03 is going to get much wrist time anymore.

Beautiful! Congrats.
May I know the retail price and also if it is easy to get it at the boutique?
Bloomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 11:57 AM   #5627
Johndong888
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 372
Quote:

Congratz!!! This one is definitely a winner. Looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomberg View Post
Beautiful! Congrats.

Will be impossible.

Johndong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 08:32 PM   #5628
TopherMins
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomberg View Post
Beautiful! Congrats.

$168k. Not easy to get at boutique.

TopherMins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2021, 11:14 PM   #5629
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yup- hard to wear an 11-03 after the 67-02. Impossible actually.
Old 2 April 2021, 12:07 AM   #5630
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks a lot!
Very nice. Please do not hesitate to share more pictures!
Bloomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 06:59 AM   #5631
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:

For those keeping score, this is a 13.5% price increase over 2020.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2021, 11:40 PM   #5632
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Well, I got the call for my 72-01 and picked it up from the NYC boutique on Monday...all I can say is WOW, and in every way shape and form. It's the true embodiment of "a racing machine on/for the wrist". Compared to my 67-02, which is a streamed down and purposeful athlete, the 72-01 is a hyper watch aesthetically with delicious details EVERYWHERE. The fit is...maybe the best of any watch I've EVER worn, including the 67-02 and the weight is still incredible, I cant imagine it being much more than 50-55 grams. This is absolutely one of my favorite RM pieces in history, and I even love the white band...and that's not normally my style. Oh, and the Chrono pusher action is almost sensual, I'd call it more of a trigger action than a traditional pusher action...don't get caught doing it in public and not paying attention to anything else leading to walking straight into a wall or someone else.

Old 21 April 2021, 11:49 PM   #5633
epic
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Well, I got the call for my 72-01 and picked it up from the NYC boutique on Monday...all I can say is WOW, and in every way shape and form. It's the true embodiment of "a racing machine on/for the wrist". Compared to my 67-02, which is a streamed down and purposeful athlete, the 72-01 is a hyper watch aesthetically with delicious details EVERYWHERE. The fit is...maybe the best of any watch I've EVER worn, including the 67-02 and the weight is still incredible, I cant imagine it being much more than 50-55 grams. This is absolutely one of my favorite RM pieces in history, and I even love the white band...and that's not normally my style. Oh, and the Chrono pusher action is almost sensual...don't get caught doing it in public and not paying attention to anything else leading to walking straight into a wall or someone else.
Congratulations!
That’s really an awesome RM model

Cheers
epic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 11:26 AM   #5634
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, I got the call for my 72-01 and picked it up from the NYC boutique on Monday...all I can say is WOW, and in every way shape and form. It's the true embodiment of "a racing machine on/for the wrist". Compared to my 67-02, which is a streamed down and purposeful athlete, the 72-01 is a hyper watch aesthetically with delicious details EVERYWHERE. The fit is...maybe the best of any watch I've EVER worn, including the 67-02 and the weight is still incredible, I cant imagine it being much more than 50-55 grams. This is absolutely one of my favorite RM pieces in history, and I even love the white band...and that's not normally my style. Oh, and the Chrono pusher action is almost sensual, I'd call it more of a trigger action than a traditional pusher action...don't get caught doing it in public and not paying attention to anything else leading to walking straight into a wall or someone else.

Congrats! Truly a remarkable and special piece.

New RM release, not sure how I feel.
Old 22 April 2021, 01:25 PM   #5635
raclaims
"TRF" Member

@seschgang Jeez all these years I’ve successfully resisted RM and now you go and show this thing ooooof I may weaken
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2021, 01:40 AM   #5636
Rmoor
"TRF" Member

Visited 47th street on Friday and to my surprise I did not see a single RM! Last time i walked 47th, one window had over 30 on display! Did stop in a boutique on 62nd that had a few including a Rm011.
Rmoor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 06:53 AM   #5637
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Took the plunge I'm guessing this won’t be my last RM!

Freakin @sechsgang and his damn sweet pix - damned temptress!!
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 04:55 PM   #5638
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
Took the plunge I'm guessing this won’t be my last RM!

Freakin @sechsgang and his damn sweet pix - damned temptress!!
This is the perfect RM for daily business attires with suit n tie. You will love it more in months to come. So comfortable on the wrist especially those in titanium.
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2021, 11:11 PM   #5639
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
What a beast!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ED3ED298-29A0-42FC-97B3-570224C1679F.jpeg (190.5 KB, 514 views)
Old 6 May 2021, 11:23 PM   #5640
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
What a beast!
Congrats Roger on your amazing new addition!!
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
011 , 011-03 , 035 , 035-02 , richard mille