The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 26 September 2017, 02:36 AM   #91
Socal to az
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier1971 View Post
. I guess opinions are not respected here and are all taken as insults.

Maybe you are on this forum looking for some kind affirmation for something you are lacking in real life.
I don't really recall ever asking for your opinion. And I don't realize that someone had changed the title of this thread to "What do you think of my 5522?" Oh wait - you mean that's not the title of this thread? Go figure.
Socal to az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 03:15 AM   #92
Javier1971
Banned

Social to az. This is an open public forum for Watch enthusiasts. You want a biased opinion ask your employees or family what they think of your watch. It will be praised I promise... Lets stop the back and forth ripping and enjoy your stripped down 5524.
Javier1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 03:58 AM   #93
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant Park View Post
While I don't think any of our opinions are enhanced by what we own, as you can see below I have a horse in the race. With that in mind Javier your "opinion" was a deliberate attempt to lessen the OPs enthusiasm for his delivery. Simply put, that's just a crappy thing to do. He didn't solicit opinion but instead was nice enough to share photos of a highly anticipated piece.

The face of my PP is in fact way to cluttered

Now to the greater issue at hand, once again CONGRATULATIONS! A piece that in my opinion is perfect in many ways! Enjoy it and know that many of us who own a modest collection are extremely jealous.
60th anniversary DD is really nice

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 04:22 AM   #94
Socal to az
Banned

Quote:
Social to az. This is an open public forum for Watch enthusiasts. You want a biased opinion ask your employees or family what they think of your watch. It will be praised I promise... Lets stop the back and forth ripping and enjoy your stripped down 5524.
You still don't get it. I neither care for nor ever asked for your opinion. I'll tell you what- go put on your Lebron AP and go tell your family and friends how much you hate my 5522. I'm sure they will care a lot more than I do.

Sound good?
Old 26 September 2017, 04:27 AM   #95
Javier1971
Banned

Social to az. Let me see if I can find you a travel time complication for your 5522 so you can feel complete.
Old 26 September 2017, 04:38 AM   #96
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Wow popcorn time... I am not a huge fan of it in pics but pretty sure it looks much better in the flesh, and for a Patek it is very different from any lf the others, it's a pilot watch, anyways I'd take it any day over a Lebron, and Socal does have, as far as I know, a lot of amazing watches, and he did not ask for confirmation, had he asked what we think it would be different, like he said it's like coming to your home and criticize the decoration, even if most people have shitty taste in decorating their home I always say it's nice, even if I don't like it. The 5522 is a watch commemorative of the NY Patek exhibition, so for those who went it will remind them of it, I don't care if there is a hype around it, great for people who like it, if you don't well that's life, different strokes for different folks...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 04:42 AM   #97
Socal to az
Banned

Quote:
Social to az. Let me see if I can find you a travel time complication for your 5522 so you can feel complete.
why thank you Javier. If only I was as sophisticated as you. If only I owned a Lebron AP. That would truly complete me.
Old 26 September 2017, 05:18 AM   #98
tng11
"TRF" Member

I will admit it is getting a bit tiring/repetitive reading all the boosterism and gushing over the 5522A (e.g. the posts about it going to seven figures, being from god, etc.) Maybe my sarcasm or humour meter is broken, but those posts do nothing for me and my opinion of the watch. Those posts read like those pump and dump scheme posts on a forum (XYZ stock is going to rocket from $0.05 to $30 in 2 months!)

That said, I don't see the point of crapping all over somebody's new purchase and making passive aggressive remarks like "enjoy your stripped down 5524." Again, that adds nothing to the discussion - no one is going to break down and admit they just made an awful $20K purchase based on the opinion of some stranger on the internet. And realistically, I can't believe how many people are saying the watch is "ugly" or "hideous" - it may not be off the charts to you, but at least you should be able to accept it's a good looking piece to others.

Back on track - congrats to the OP!
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 05:23 AM   #99
Javier1971
Banned

Social to az. You are so insecure just relax and go with the flow. Meditate, take a xanax, it’s not that bad. Not everyone likes you and your tourist watch...
Old 26 September 2017, 06:07 AM   #100
PJ S
Banned

^
Leave it, Javier. Step away and don’t get drawn into making personal remarks.
It’s not worth getting sucked into the rabbit hole, only to wind up being banned.
There are plenty of other threads to pitch in with advice, suggestions, and opinions.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 06:25 AM   #101
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Wow, this is enlightening! I didn't know the Patek Philippe forum could get so crass. I was expecting a certain level of decorum, since this is, you know, Patek Philippe.

I did see, as mentioned in another thread, a spoken for 5522 last week at an AD. Initially, I thought it was attractive but I was not overwhelmed by it. But the more I read this, the more I like it. Not that it matters. I don't see the AD offering me one any time soon.

It does strike my as a bit ironic that one seems to need to be a PP heavy hitter to get one of the 600, yet it is marketed as trying to entice younger first timer buyers to PP. How does that work?

Anyway, congrats OP, enjoy it, and please update us. What time is it now?
Old 26 September 2017, 06:25 AM   #102
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingAustin View Post
OP nice wrist shot, from your incessant posts around watch sizing I was expecting to see a much bigger wrist, . Enjoy the watch!
Wrist implant is the next upgrade planned, I should imagine.

The watch appears to be a great investment, for now. I think it will be forgotten in the long term, as it's not a great advance in horology, in my opinion. However, them's that like it should enjoy the shooting star.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 06:30 AM   #103
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Wow, this is enlightening! I didn't know the Patek Philippe forum could get so crass. I was expecting a certain level of decorum, since this is, you know, Patek Philippe.
I agree 100%, it appears to have degenerated into a brag-a-thon. PPs are meant to be discreet, not shouting all over the place, after all.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 07:23 AM   #104
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Social to az. You are so insecure just relax and go with the flow. Meditate, take a xanax, it’s not that bad. Not everyone likes you and your tourist watch...
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 07:27 AM   #105
Javier1971
Banned

Social to az can I gift you a battery? Heard your stepping up to a quartz Patek next..,
Old 26 September 2017, 07:29 AM   #106
Javier1971
Banned

I was just trying to write an objective opinion when attacked and if you guys feels I should be banned I’ll stop responding
Old 26 September 2017, 07:32 AM   #107
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
Quote:
Social to az can I gift you a battery? Heard your stepping up to a quartz Patek next..,
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 07:44 AM   #108
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Quote:
I was just trying to write an objective opinion when attacked and if you guys feels I should be banned I’ll stop responding
Maybe you could start with getting his user name right. It feels like a deliberate attempt to be annoying.
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 07:47 AM   #109
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Now that you mention it that would be great.
Old 26 September 2017, 08:18 AM   #110
Socal to az
Banned

Javier- post whatever your want. It's all good. I'm quite certain that my enjoyment of the 5522 has nothing to do with whatever your opinion of the piece is. I appreciate your comments and concerns about my selection of my watch for which I paid my own money for. Sorry it doesn't meet your approval. I'll be sure to call you next time I purchase a watch.

To everyone else- what time is it?
Old 26 September 2017, 08:42 AM   #111
Javier1971
Banned

SoCal to az... TRUTH
Old 26 September 2017, 08:47 AM   #112
Bryant Park
Banned

Quote:
SoCal to az... TRUTH
Is that how someone with a lisp types TRUCE?
Bryant Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 08:53 AM   #113
Javier1971
Banned

Sorry typing and driving
Old 26 September 2017, 08:58 AM   #114
Bryant Park
Banned

Quote:
Sorry typing and driving
Don't bring up cars and driving, Hollister will claim your flaunting your wealth.
Bryant Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 11:42 AM   #115
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
I will admit it is getting a bit tiring/repetitive reading all the boosterism and gushing over the 5522A (e.g. the posts about it going to seven figures, being from god, etc.) Maybe my sarcasm or humour meter is broken, but those posts do nothing for me and my opinion of the watch. Those posts read like those pump and dump scheme posts on a forum (XYZ stock is going to rocket from $0.05 to $30 in 2 months!)
Totally agree on that one, it will probably top out in the high six figures.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 11:45 AM   #116
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
Totally agree on that one, it will probably top out in the high six figures.
Why have you not bought the one a TS is selling for $60K? Based on the internetz opinion it is a steal! The bargain of the century!
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 11:57 AM   #117
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Why have you not bought the one a TS is selling for $60K? Based on the internetz opinion it is a steal! The bargain of the century!

I have been messing around a lot on these 5522 threads. The original one was hilarious. The interplay with Balmain was great and it was awesome to see him get his incoming as well as everyone else who has picked it up. Makes a welcome break from "Do you think I can get a 5711 blue dial."
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 11:59 AM   #118
soundserious
"TRF" Member

Awesome! Love that reference.
Old 26 September 2017, 12:17 PM   #119
Socal to az
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post

I have been messing around a lot on these 5522 threads. The original one was hilarious. The interplay with Balmain was great and it was awesome to see him get his incoming as well as everyone else who has picked it up. Makes a welcome break from "Do you think I can get a 5711 blue dial."
Word!!
Old 26 September 2017, 12:29 PM   #120
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Socal

5522 on the dash of Ferrari? Now that would be, WORD.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote