The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 September 2017, 11:56 PM   #1
BVLDARI
"TRF" Member

Inexpensive Bronze Watch Suggestions?

I am intrigued by the whole bronze watch idea. That said I am not ready to spend thousands on a bronze watch yet since there seem to be ongoing maintenance issues and other personal considerations. I was thinking maybe I can get an inexpensive "starter" watch and see how it goes. Any suggestions?

BVLDARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 12:36 AM   #2
ChrisInCharlotte
"TRF" Member

Saw this in person, quartz but looks really good:

https://www.mauricelacroix.com/Watch...bronze-819.sls
ChrisInCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 12:39 AM   #3
r8t3d_M
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me ;)
I had the Steinhart Marine-Officer bronze for about two years and loved it. The only reason I sold it along with most of my other watches was funding for my first Rolex.

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/m...er-bronze.html

I have to admit that out of all the watches I sold before picking up my LVc, the Steinhart was the one I missed the most. Recently I had been tinkering with the idea of picking up another bronze watch and decided to get the Tudor BBB early last month. I absolutely love it so far..

r8t3d_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 12:40 AM   #4
meganfox17
Banned

Oooooo ... What's the time? It's time for Megan's Show & Tell Bronze Diver Watch!
Can I have a go Sir ?
I will not only show you a very affordable USD 700+ bucks Bronze Diver watch but I will take it One step further. Unless someOne else can prove me wrong, this is the 0nly Watchmaker brand that manufactures a 1000 m WR marine bronze casing with a beautifully handcrafted Muonionalusta Meterorite dial, derived from pieces of meteorite that crash-landed in Sweden a couple of million years ago...
Presenting the Zelos Hammerhead Bronze Watch with the Meteorite dial

p/s : I actually made a pre order booking and purchased online ( limited edition to 300 pieces worldwide ) a bronze watch from a Swiss brand BaselWorld 2017 release, The Eterna KonTiki Bronze Manufacture Diver Watch commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the KonTiki Expedition across the Pacific Ocean ! I'll put up a thread on my Eterna KonTiki bronze watch once it arrives....
( Galvanic Corrosions would not be an issue here because the rotating bezel is pure ceramic )
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 01:00 AM   #5
BVLDARI
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisInCharlotte View Post
Saw this in person, quartz but looks really good:

https://www.mauricelacroix.com/Watch...bronze-819.sls
Thanks, might consider it. There is a local dealer not too far from where I live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8t3d_M View Post
I had the Steinhart Marine-Officer bronze for about two years and loved it. The only reason I sold it along with most of my other watches was funding for my first Rolex.

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/m...er-bronze.html

Is Steinhart available in the US? Ocean 1 also looks good.

Quote:
I have to admit that out of all the watches I sold before picking up my LVc, the Steinhart was the one I missed the most. Recently I had been tinkering with the idea of picking up another bronze watch and decided to get the Tudor BBB early last month. I absolutely love it so far..

Another member posted pics of the special Blue Bucherer one. I really like it. Maybe I should just have someone buy it for me and not mess around with "starter watches"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
Oooooo ... What's the time ?
It's time for Megan's Show & Tell Bronze Diver Watch!
Can I have a go Sir ?
I will not only show you a very affordable USD 700+ bucks Bronze Diver watch but I will take it One step further. Unless someOne else can prove me wrong, this is the 0nly Watchmaker brand that manufactures a 1000 m WR marine bronze casing with a beautifully handcrafted Muonionalusta Meterorite dial, derived from pieces of meteorite that crash-landed in Sweden a couple of million years ago...
Presenting the Zelos Hammerhead Bronze Watch with the Meteorite dial

I actually made a pre order booking and purchased online ( limited edition to 300 pieces) a bronze watch from a Swiss brand BaselWorld 2017 release, Eterna KonTiki Bronze Manufacture Diver Watch commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the KonTiki Expedition across the Pacific Ocean !

This looks cool. Unfortunately seems to be sold out - not too hard to do when you only make 150 watches.
Old 27 September 2017, 01:10 AM   #6
r8t3d_M
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVLDARI View Post
Is Steinhart available in the US? Ocean 1 also looks good.

Another member posted pics of the special Blue Bucherer one. I really like it. Maybe I should just have someone buy it for me and not mess around with "starter watches"....
I ordered my Marine-Officer through their website and had it shipped to the US, it took about a week but the process might be faster now since it was a few years ago.

The Bucherer edition is stunning, I'd love to get my hands on one. I contacted them directly but unfortunately they do not ship so you'd have to buy one in person if available or source one online which will probably be quite expensive.
Old 27 September 2017, 01:14 AM   #7
meganfox17
Banned

Keep a watchful eye on the Sales Section of the Watchuseek Forum .The Flippers on WUS would usually put up for sale the Zelos Bronze Hammerhead ( Meteorite & the green dial versions ) and Zelos Bronze Abyss watches from time to time.
Old 27 September 2017, 01:18 AM   #8
BVLDARI
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I ordered my Marine-Officer through their website and had it shipped to the US, it took about a week but the process might be faster now since it was a few years ago.

The Bucherer edition is stunning, I'd love to get my hands on one. I contacted them directly but unfortunately they do not ship so you'd have to buy one in person if available or source one online which will probably be quite expensive.
I have friends in Germany and Switzerland so hopefully I could buy them beer and they can put themselves on a waiting list... Or just walk in and it's magically available
Old 27 September 2017, 01:18 AM   #9
BVLDARI
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Keep a watchful eye on the Sales Section of the Watchuseek Forum .The Flippers on WUS would usually put up for sale the Zelos Bronze Hammerhead ( Meteorite & the green dial versions ) and Zelos Bronze Abyss watches from time to time.
Will do, thanks!
Old 27 September 2017, 01:20 AM   #10
r8t3d_M
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have friends in Germany and Switzerland so hopefully I could buy them beer and they can put themselves on a waiting list... Or just walk in and it's magically available
Haha! I wish I had those kinds of connections..
Old 27 September 2017, 01:21 AM   #11
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Will do, thanks!
I guess it's your lucky day !
The Zelos Hammerhead Bronze watch with the Meteorite dial is available on Chrono24 right now. Check it out !
Old 27 September 2017, 01:31 AM   #12
BVLDARI
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I guess it's your lucky day !
The Zelos Hammerhead Bronze watch with the Meteorite dial is available on Chrono24 right now. Check it out !
How big is it in real life?
Old 27 September 2017, 01:31 AM   #13
BVLDARI
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Haha! I wish I had those kinds of connections..
The more I think about it the more I think I should have them try to buy it. Should be an easy resell in the US if I don't like it.
Old 27 September 2017, 01:33 AM   #14
r8t3d_M
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The more I think about it the more I think I should have them try to buy it. Should be an easy resell in the US if I don't like it.
Go for it..if it isn't your cup of tea, you've got a buyer lined up already..
Old 27 September 2017, 01:34 AM   #15
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
How big is it in real life?
44x49x17 if I remember but please reconfirm with other WIS