The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 15 January 2020, 03:58 PM   #5671
Tolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic6 View Post
Yes I did. But my post was removed by the mods because fake discussion is not allowed. I also got a pm by them.
Thanks for clarifying
Tolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 04:02 PM   #5672
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachty 1 View Post
He posted the flaws, it was taken down by the mods I would assume.
Just to set the record straight, as the posts and photos have been removed, what had been posted by mic6 were two very grainy and fuzzy images that didn’t show much of anything.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 04:07 PM   #5673
mic6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116718 green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Just to set the record straight, as the posts and photos have been removed, what had been posted by mic6 were two very grainy and fuzzy images that didn’t show much of anything.
I can't believe how passionately you want to support a clearly fake watch. The pics were extremely to the point and showed the difference between a gen 382 and Nick's 382.

Support the member by saying he probably didn't know about it, not the watch that is obviously fake.
Old 15 January 2020, 04:10 PM   #5674
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by waikeekee View Post
I am still wearing my Q562 after 6 days. I am sure it’s a genuine Panerai and here’s why.

I have registered this Q562 for the extended Panerai warranty but was expired so no extension, another watch of my did managed to get the extension.

IMO - If Nick doesn’t wanna show the case back, he can show a screenshot of his 382. It might not be 100% foolproof but at least it is a good way to authenticate a Panerai watch. All case and serial numbers are unique. Waiting to hear Nick’s side of the story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another 673 whoop! whoop!

Absolutely love mine, but don’t see many about - enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 04:15 PM   #5675
Cru Jones

Quote:
I can't believe how passionately you want to support a clearly fake watch. The pics were extremely to the point and showed the difference between a gen 382 and Nick's 382.

Support the member by saying he probably didn't know about it, not the watch that is obviously fake.
Your vendetta here is quite bizarre and seems motivated by something other than the watch. Even the picture of the supposedly genuine watch you posted was fuzzy and grainy, and at a strange angle. Totally inconclusive. And you saying it’s “obvious” doesn’t change that reality.

Anyway, of course I support Nick based on the many years of knowing him. And if he was scammed, of course it’s terrible, and we should all be able to learn from that. Too bad he can no longer express himself here.
Old 15 January 2020, 04:18 PM   #5676
duc888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry but these two pictures were clear enough to see that the shown watch was fake.
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 04:21 PM   #5677
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc888 View Post
Sorry but these two pictures were clear enough to see that the shown watch was fake.
Thank you, for a moment I felt totally crazy.
Old 15 January 2020, 04:33 PM   #5678
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your vendetta here is quite bizarre and seems motivated by something other than the watch. Even the picture of the supposedly genuine watch you posted was fuzzy and grainy, and at a strange angle. Totally inconclusive. And you saying it’s “obvious” doesn’t change that reality.

Anyway, of course I support Nick based on the many years of knowing him. And if he was scammed, of course it’s terrible, and we should all be able to learn from that. Too bad he can no longer express himself here.
There is no vendetta here. I was surfing the forum, I saw a fake panerai and I made a comment about it. The comment was: "I hope you know that this 382 is fake", meaning I hope he didn't get scammed at least. Then he started being totally sarcastic to me and the rest you know.
Old 15 January 2020, 04:38 PM   #5679
Cru Jones

Quote:
There is no vendetta here. I was surfing the forum, I saw a fake panerai and I made a comment about it. The comment was: "I hope you know that this 382 is fake", meaning I hope he didn't get scammed at least. Then he started being totally sarcastic to me and the rest you know.

I can’t pretend to know what was going on in Nick’s mind, but, maybe try putting yourself in his shoes. He had just posted a photo of him with his son at the Grand Canyon wearing watches, and someone comes out of the woodwork declaring the watch a fake and demanding “proof” otherwise. I can see how he would be taken aback and attempt to brush you away with sarcasm. I mean, who knowingly posts a photo of a fake with his son on vacation in an attempt to say the watch is real?
Old 15 January 2020, 04:43 PM   #5680
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can’t pretend to know what was going on in Nick’s mind, but, maybe try putting yourself in his shoes. He had just posted a photo of him with his son at the Grand Canyon wearing watches, and someone comes out of the woodwork declaring the watch a fake and demanding “proof” otherwise. I can see how he would be taken aback and attempt to brush you away with sarcasm. I mean, who knowingly posts a photo of a fake with his son on vacation in an attempt to say the watch is real?
Ok I agree with you on that.
All I wanted to tell you that I have nothing against him and I am really sad with what happened.
Saddest of all would be if he didn't know about the watch being fake, that means he got scammed by 25k minimum
Old 15 January 2020, 04:46 PM   #5681
Cru Jones

Quote:
Ok I agree with you on that.
All I wanted to tell you that I have nothing against him and I am really sad with what happened.
Saddest of all would be if he didn't know about the watch being fake, that means he got scammed by 25k minimum

Okay, understood, thanks.

All I can do is hope this all ends okay for him.
Old 15 January 2020, 05:23 PM   #5682
waikeekee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
Another 673 whoop! whoop!

Absolutely love mine, but don’t see many about - enjoy

Yeah,,, however I know several people who has the 673. One guy who is a Brit, works in the Middle East and he has to go to Iraq. I did not ask what is it exactly he does but I guessed it’s a lot of hush hush things.

The story he has for us (our own group), was; once he worn it (673) to Iraq, it survived an IED bomb blast but the plexiglass was smashed. He sent it to the boutique in Dubai, they fix it and all was well. This was about 2 years ago.

Good to know our watches are tough and made to last.

waikeekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 05:26 PM   #5683
waikeekee
"TRF" Member

A few (old) pictures of my 673

Old 15 January 2020, 06:43 PM   #5684
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah,,, however I know several people who has the 673. One guy who is a Brit, works in the Middle East and he has to go to Iraq. I did not ask what is it exactly he does but I guessed it’s a lot of hush hush things.

The story he has for us (our own group), was; once he worn it (673) to Iraq, it survived an IED bomb blast but the plexiglass was smashed. He sent it to the boutique in Dubai, they fix it and all was well. This was about 2 years ago.

Good to know our watches are tough and made to last.

Wow! Great story

Old 15 January 2020, 06:43 PM   #5685
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
A few (old) pictures of my 673

Looks good on the fabric strap

Old 15 January 2020, 06:55 PM   #5686
waikeekee
"TRF" Member

Which Panerai are you wearing today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
Looks good on the fabric strap

This canvas strap is made by Jose Maria Aguilar from Spain. Good, tough, washable and affordable. He has many colours to choose from. Beige is my favourite now.

Since we are talking about straps, well, I have 2 incoming. They are baseball glove straps.

WKK
Old 15 January 2020, 09:31 PM   #5687
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Very well said my friend.

I know a Nick as well and as I stated earlier he would not knowingly post a fake.

Consider his collection of Rolex, AP, and Panerai, his long standing membership and many positive contributions to the forum. Makes absolutely no sense for him to post a fake.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 10:10 PM   #5688
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Half a dozen members congratulated him on a beautiful watch, 1 says it’s fake, and he’s instantly banned!?

Unless we’re missing something pretty significant behind the curtain, that seems totally unfair to me. Again, as you mentioned, if it is fake (I don’t know enough about PAM) and he didn’t know, wouldn’t this be the place to help him figure next steps out. The guy had over 20k posts and has been a forum member for more than a decade!?

This is weird.
I congratulated Nick and I am not afraid of notifying that.
If the watch is not genuine it is just horrible that he got scammed.
Not to mention financial loss.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 10:37 PM   #5689
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This canvas strap is made by Jose Maria Aguilar from Spain. Good, tough, washable and affordable. He has many colours to choose from. Beige is my favourite now.

Since we are talking about straps, well, I have 2 incoming. They are baseball glove straps.

WKK

Nice

Old 16 January 2020, 06:23 AM   #5690
vivicorsi
Banned

vivicorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 08:11 AM   #5691
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:

I agree with you. Your evidence was pretty clear and when Nick had the chance to rebuttal, he chose not to. Knowing how the mods work and Larry's comment, I assume something may have happened behind "closed doors", which led to the ban.
Great guy as he(Nick) may have been Mic6 has also been a long time member and apparently more knowledgeable than most here, which from this point of view I appreciate his contribution to this issue and I feel he's getting unnecessary flack because people had their buddy called out.

If someone called my watch fake, I may giggle once but then I will seek to immediately prove you wrong with facts, this wasn't done.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 08:35 AM   #5692
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
I agree with you. Your evidence was pretty clear and when Nick had the chance to rebuttal, he chose not to. Knowing how the mods work and Larry's comment, I assume something may have happened behind "closed doors", which led to the ban.
Great guy as he(Nick) may have been Mic6 has also been a long time member and apparently more knowledgeable than most here, which from this point of view I appreciate his contribution to this issue and I feel he's getting unnecessary flack because people had their buddy called out.

If someone called my watch fake, I may giggle once but then I will seek to immediately prove you wrong with facts, this wasn't done.
100% this

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 08:48 AM   #5693
Cru Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post

It’s not “unnecessary flack”, it’s honest disagreement.

I found those “proof” photos of Mic6’s were fuzzy and inconclusive at best. Regarding his “superior knowledge” that you say he has, maybe he doesn’t have as much knowledge as you say.... I can’t remember a single post he’s made on the Panerai sub-forum (or at least any worth remembering).

And maybe he could have first tried to have this exchange with Nick via PM instead of bluntly and publicly posting “gotcha” messages concerning which I think many reasonable people under the circumstances would have felt zero obligation to acknowledge, let alone to “defend” oneself about (and surely not someone with half a dozen Panerai and other brands and several years on the forum, compared to someone who has comparatively contributed little).
Old 16 January 2020, 08:50 AM   #5694
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
I have never owned a Panerai, but with all this going on, I am now intrigued...

Thank you and I will be careful about the "F" word when looking for a gently used Pam...

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 08:55 AM   #5695
Cru Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousMaximus View Post
I have never owned a Panerai, but with all this going on, I am now intrigued...

Thank you and I will be careful about the "F" word when looking for a gently used Pam...

Time to explore and join!! Beautiful watches with great history coupled with a fair bit of heavy “collector drama” (PAM 360 and Brooklyn Bridge movement to name just a couple of the big ones).... all in all, a lot of fun and different.
Old 16 January 2020, 08:58 AM   #5696
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:

I found those “proof” photos of Mic6’s were fuzzy and inconclusive at best. Regarding his “superior knowledge” that you say he has, maybe he doesn’t have as much knowledge as you say.... I can’t remember a single post he’s made on the Panerai sub-forum (or at least any worth remembering).

And maybe he could have first tried to have this exchange with Nick via PM instead of bluntly and publicly posting “gotcha” messages concerning which I think many reasonable people under the circumstances would have felt zero obligation to acknowledge, let alone to “defend” oneself about (and surely not someone with half a dozen Panerai and other brands and several years on the forum, compared to someone who has comparatively contributed little).
You say tomayto I say tomahto. So the critique is that you get to decide how a fake watch is called out.
Your buddy Nick replied three times I believe and never defended his watch. Yes Mic6 is knowledgeable which I find your seeming now critique of even that amusing. You, nor anyone else didn't pick up the watch was fake so there's that.

Larry was involved during the time this took place and Larry is very fair, your beef should be more appropriately aimed at him or a mod if you have a disagreement with the ban. Mic6 was in my opinion protecting the integrity of the forum, you may not like his methods but he did nothing wrong, and his original comment wasn't even direct but something like "hope you know that's a fake"....That was your buddy's cue to defend his integrity, he didn't. Good luck.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 09:03 AM   #5697
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Total shock here. Nick was one of my favorite TRF members. Don't really know what to say right now.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 09:07 AM   #5698
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:

1. Are you positive that I didn't send a pm to Nick about his fake watch before I made a public comment?
2. If someone chooses to only read and not to write on the forums it means he doesn't know about watches?
3. Do you know anything about my past as a passionate paneristi since 2004?
4. Do you know how many days of my life I have spent reading the replica forums in order to be able to tell if our watches are reps or fake shit?
5. Do you know what happened when the mods asked Nick to show his 382 box and papers in order to prove its authenticity?

I am sure the answer to all above questions is NO.

I wouldn't continue this if I were you, really.
Old 16 January 2020, 09:10 AM   #5699
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
I am just happy with all the foot traffic

Panerai forum is seeing some action!! Honestly the evidence was clear as day. But on a brighter note I am wearing this today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200108_144136-756x1008.jpg (169.1 KB, 287 views)
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 09:35 AM   #5700
multimedia
"TRF" Member

This argument regarding post counts; yes maybe I’m biased but IMHO it’s quite ridiculous. So just because someone has 10K... posts, this automatically makes that person more knowledgeable, etc? Does the “real world” work that way? So the one that talk the most in a, lets say, meeting is automatically the most knowledgeable one? Of course not.

Cheers,
Joe