The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 31 July 2018, 10:32 AM   #1
jh225
"TRF" Member

Seamaster Bracelet Sizing Issue...

So, I have had my Seamaster 2254.50 for quite some time and have recently tried to put it back into the rotation. Only problem is that since the last time I wore it (several years ago), I have put on some more "wrist size". There is no micro adjustment (unless I am missing something), so a link swap is in order.

I like a bracelet to fit just right. Neither snug, nor loose. I understand that any watch sized like that will be a tad loose inside the house, which in turn makes it fit "just right" once outside.

So first, I took out a half link and replaced with a full link. Better fit inside the house, but when I go outside into the summer heat, it gradually gets tighter and tighter to the point of being a bit too tight and somewhat uncomfortable.

So, I then re-install the half link. This made the bracelet too big inside the house (can fairly easily insert the tip of my pointer finger in between the clasp and skin), which in turn makes the bracelet a little too loose while outside the house, even in the summer heat.

So basically, I am in between sizes.

Any ideas as to how to solve this dilemma?
jh225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 11:49 PM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Bummer. Sorry you're having trouble. If no other solution is found, then you might consider installing the clasp from the Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial, which does have really slick micro-adjustment built in. Some members (including me) have installed it on our Speedmaster Pro bracelets, and I recall seeing it on the 2254.50 bracelet at least once before. An Omega Boutique can assist with ordering the components needed, and the cost is surprisingly reasonable.

Here's a TRF thread with lots of info on the conversion for a Speedmaster Pro bracelet.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=584973
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2018, 03:29 AM   #3
FTX I
"TRF" Member

You can try what Tony said and also the Speedy bracelet plus the adjustable clasp or flip it for a Seamaster with the new clasp or even a Sub with glidelock. I had the exact same problem with many Seamasters. In the end I flipped everything for the Subs and don't regret it for a second. Even the tuna can clasp with micro holes is much better than removing a link.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 07:13 AM   #4
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
I experienced the exact issue with my PO, going back/forth adding/removing the half-link.

Similar result that the watch either fit too tight, or a tad too loose. Very frustrating! Upon recommendation, what I did is to keep the half-link, add another half-link, and remove a whole link.

And, to my surprise - I got as near to a perfect fit as possible! The PO firs snugly; however, not so tight that there is no room to allow for a comfortable fit on hot and humid days. In fact, my PO now fits better than my Rolex Submariner and GMT.

Dilemma solved!

So, my advice: see if you can source another half-link and play around with the fitment. I actually went to an Omega Boutique who ordered the part and helped size the bracelet for me.

Good luck!
The Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 07:42 AM   #5
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
I experienced the exact issue with my PO, going back/forth adding/removing the half-link.

Similar result that the watch either fit too tight, or a tad too loose. Very frustrating! Upon recommendation, what I did is to keep the half-link, add another half-link, and remove a whole link.

And, to my surprise - I got as near to a perfect fit as possible! The PO firs snugly; however, not so tight that there is no room to allow for a comfortable fit on hot and humid days. In fact, my PO now fits better than my Rolex Submariner and GMT.

Dilemma solved!

So, my advice: see if you can source another half-link and play around with the fitment. I actually went to an Omega Boutique who ordered the part and helped size the bracelet for me.

Good luck!
I had 2 POs and I did exactly what you said and it worked flawlessly. I remember that Mystro (our buddy here) said that on WUS around six years ago and I tried that option with great result on both. So I did the same with the 2254.50 and 2255.80 half links but the result was not the same. Only the adjustable clasp would work but it was too late for me. But I hope you're right and I hope the OP finds a way to be happy with his 2254.50.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote