The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 13 August 2018, 09:38 AM   #1
GRabens
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many Rolex!
New Pick-up - Omega Seamaster Chronograph 300m in Titanium (Ref 2298.80)!

With all of the non-sense going on over at Rolex with the SS sports model shortages I have decided to travel new roads. I picked-up a mint Omega Seamaster Chronometer in Titanium for a heck of a deal. I haven't seen too many of these posted so I wanted to share my new to me watch.

I've been a die hard Rolex fan for almost 20 years since I was in High School. My Uncle's Rolex is what got me interested in watches. Over the years my wife and I have owned numerous Rolex watches, but none currently. I also have owned a Breitling B-1. Outside of a 1960's pie pan constellation that I no longer have, this is my first more contemporary Omega. I recall really liking this watch in the late 90's early 2000's before I could really even afford a nice Swiss watch.

I bought this watch this week without trying one on in probably over 15+ years and I am not disappointed! I have never owned a Titanium watch so I thought this would make this watch a little more special than the more common SS models.

I am already starting to wonder what my next pick-up will be. A Moon Speedy, Planet Ocean, Aquaterra, etc. Omega really does make a quality product as good as or better than Rolex. With Rolex's latest corporate direction, I think I will be an Omega fan moving forward. Now for some photos!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OmegaGR.jpg (135.9 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg OmegaGR2.jpg (126.8 KB, 167 views)
GRabens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 09:57 AM   #2
Neek
"TRF" Member

Very nice. This week I joined the titanium Seamaster club myself with the PO titanium GMT.

It's beautiful. Wear it well.
Neek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 01:17 PM   #3
DonBateman
Banned

Watch: I like watch
That’s a heck of a watch with a classic design. I was at the PGA championship this weekend and went to the omega booth. I couldn’t believe all the styles of watches they had. The Deep Black GMT PO is my next pick up. I like Rolex but omega has better style imo and more variety.
DonBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2018, 08:42 PM   #4
GRabens
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many Rolex!
I love the Deep Black GMT PO too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBateman View Post
That’s a heck of a watch with a classic design. I was at the PGA championship this weekend and went to the omega booth. I couldn’t believe all the styles of watches they had. The Deep Black GMT PO is my next pick up. I like Rolex but omega has better style imo and more variety.
I agree Omega has a more modern feel and style. And even better you can actually get the watches you want to buy fairly easily, unlike Rolex!
GRabens is offline   Reply With Quote