The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 16 August 2018, 05:09 AM   #1
citycentre
"TRF" Member

Vintage Oysterdate service needed

Hi I am new to the forum and wondered if anyone could offer some advice.
I have my Dad’s 1950s Oysterdate manual wind.

I would really love to be able to wear it. Rolex Service Centre will not service it without replacing the dial and hands. Unfortunately the replacement deals that fit it bear no resemblance to the original - it is a cream dial with gold batons and hands. The replacements are grey silver blue or black - all with silver hands.

In addition the service centre want to change the date wheel. The replacement wheel is all black numbers but the original is alternating red and black.

Basically I would be left with a completely different watch to the one my Dad wore.

I really want to try and keep the face and hands and roulette date.

Can anyone recommend a vintage watch repair/service business they have used for Rolex watches that may be able to help me.

I live in Cardiff but I am willing to travel for a trusted service. It needs a new plexiglass with cyclops and winder so would need to be somewhere that can obtain Rolex parts.

Rolex have suggested Steven Hale in London but when I rang it all seemed a bit chaotic and unorganised.
citycentre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2018, 06:57 AM   #2
Jonford
"TRF" Member

Are you going to post the watch? If so there are a couple of watchmakers in Cornwall. Robert Reeves Watch Repairs (has a website) and trained at Rolex, and PJC Watches (also has a website) and is an Omega accredited repairer who also does Rolex. Maybe get in touch, i emailed both about a Tudor i have that stopped winding and both got back to me within a day or two. I didnt use either as it was still under warranty with my jeweller and he sent it to his guy (who couldve been one of these two, who knows).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 06:47 AM   #3
citycentre
"TRF" Member

Just trying to work out how to upload a photo
citycentre is offline   Reply With Quote