The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 August 2018, 07:46 PM   #1
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Seriously Considering PO43.5

I popped into a local Omega boutique a few days ago to try the 43.5mm Planet Ocean out. I was convinced the size would be too big as I generally wear 40 - 42mm. The AT I have (on leather) is 41.5mm and probably at the limit but I was really surprised that the PO doesn’t seem to wear anything like as big as the size would suggest. Even on my small 6.75 inch flat wrist.

Seriously considering one now and forgetting about a Sub Date. To me it seems like 90% of the watch for 60% of the cost (when obtained at a good discount). Love the coax movement and sapphire caseback. Plus an adjustable clasp a la Submariner.

Does anyone else use a PO for daily office wear?
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2018, 05:20 AM   #2
Neek
"TRF" Member

Seriously Considering PO43.5

Today is my first day in the office with my new titanium PO GMT. It’s very wearable although the titanium makes it much more manageable as far as the weight.

If your office dress requires dress shirts do not consider the 43.5 PO
Neek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2018, 06:55 AM   #3
timenoguy11235
"TRF" Member

I just recently purchased this watch. So far I love it. It feels so solid and is finished perfectly for daily wear. For example, I have a Rolex Exp II and have a ton of scratches on the side of the clasp where it’s finished with a high polish. The PO on the other hand is brushed in this area which will hopefully look better, longer.

I wear it with long sleeves without an issue BUT if you have sleeves with fairly tight cuffs, it might be an issue for you. Best advice, as always, is to test it before you buy it (ie, go to an AD wearing a shirt you’d commonly wear to work and see if it fits).

The other advantage (for me at least): the Rolex cyclops is such an obvious “tell” that you’re wearing an expensive watch. I think the PO flies a little more under the radar which might be an advantage. It is for me when I deal with clients and don’t want the “we must be paying you too much if you can afford a Rolex” comments.
timenoguy11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2018, 11:16 AM   #4
stockjock1975
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platona
I have the 42mm PO in titanium and love it! I wear it in everything from jeans/tshirt to a suit and tie. Fits in everywhere! Honestly, a MUCH better piece than a Rolex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stockjock1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2018, 11:44 AM   #5
stratlanta
"TRF" Member

I had the GMT version with the white/black bezel on at an AD recently and was very, very tempted. Very....
stratlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2018, 03:13 PM   #6
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

I've just sold my PO 43.5. I found it too bulky and with the bracelet, too heavy on my wrist, but loved the easy adjustment. It was more comfortable on the rubber strap with deployment clasp.
Beautifully made watch, but I didn't find it special to wear, so it wasn't getting worn much.
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2018, 08:28 AM   #7
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
I have been lusting after the 39.5mm version. Found a steal on a black one but I want blue. So is my luck. It’s a great watch tho
City74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2018, 11:15 AM   #8
GRIDER4821
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega PO 8500
PO 8500XL all day every day
GRIDER4821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2018, 12:23 PM   #9
WJGESQ
Banned

POs are like subs, but better. Have both. I know.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2018, 12:44 PM   #10
DonBateman
Banned

Watch: I like watch
I tried on the deep black this weekend. Remarkably comfortable and fits much smaller then 45.5. My next purchase. I looked at subs too and the deep black just looks better imo. It’s more then a sub as well.
DonBateman is offline   Reply With Quote