ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Old 16 August 2015, 03:10 PM   #61
Blue Trident
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Chan View Post
Looking good as usual, my friend.
Eric! Thank you, My Friend! Your Rolex expertise and advice have always been stellar. And, whilst dabbling upon the topic of advice, I was recently asked by several TRF members, who are contemplating purchasing their first Rolex, just what I think of the Submariner Glidelock Bracelet.

In a nutshell, the Glidelock Clasp that is installed in the Submariner is longer in length, left to right, compared to the smaller clasp that is installed in the Daytona and the GMT II models. The Glidelock Clasp is primarily a "Divers Clasp", and, is longer, and notably designed with a different adjustment mechanism within the Glidelock Clasp Hull to allow you to wear the Submariner directly over a Wet Suit.

IMHO: I personally prefer the appearance and function of the Submariners Glidelock Clasp. As stated above, this clasp is longer left to right, and, thereby, offers a very impressive visual impact across the underside of your wrist. In addition, because the outside Clasp Hull is longer, it more readily matches the length of the two folding SS inner elbow sleeve guides. This longer more thoughtful design feature allows more symmetry and balance for the watch whilst strapped upon the wrist.

Personally, I feel that the watch stays more appropriately positioned on top of the wrist, as opposed to it sliding back behind the wrist, because the clasp and SS inner elbow sleeve guides are nearly the same length in the Submariner. Lastly, because the two inner SS sleeve guides are nearly the same length as the Glidelock Clasp Hull that they fold into, the inner sleeve guides do not tend to scratch, abrade, nor mark the underside of the bracelet links as much as the smaller clasp.

Here are a few photos of the Submariners Glidelock Clasp that clearly display the even balance and matching length of the Glidelock Clasp Hull and the two matching SS inner elbow sleeve guides. Moreover, you will also see posted an example smaller clasp from a Chase Durer 1000XL Special Forces watch (see last two photos). Although the Chase Durer is NOT a Rolex Daytona or GMT II, the clasp and bracelet are designed to emulate the clasp found in the Daytona and the GMT II, AND, is simply presented for its value as an important and illuminating heuristic tool in this specific discourse.

Look closely at the photos provided and you will see how the smaller clasp is just not long enough to cover the inner SS sleeve guides, which on the smaller clasp, scratch and abrade the underside of the bracelet links. Therefore, I chose the Submariner with the longer Glidelock Clasp, as opposed to the Daytona or the GMT II, to reduce this type of wear and tear on the bracelet links. In closing, it is all about personal preference. Do select the timepiece that is just right for you in appearance, performance, features, model, fitment to your lifestyle/needs, and price. The beauty of the TRF Forum is to allow its dedicated members to share their insight and experience. Such thoughtful contributions by all helpful members serve to provide an exceptional knowledge base from which we can then endeavor to utilize to make a more informed decision.
Blue Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2015, 05:57 AM   #62
Blue Trident
"TRF" Member

Greetings, my friends. As promised, here are yet a few more photos of the TT Sunburst Submariner, alongside a few prized possessions: My Beautiful Black Ovation Custom Legend Model 6-String Acoustic Deep Bowl Cutaway Guitar with Ivory Trim, 24KT Gold Accents and Tuning Knobs, and gorgeous Signature Abalone Inlay, coupled with my brand new Black Frye's Harness Strap Boots. The TT Sunburst Sub is, indeed, such a wonderfully versatile timepiece that can certainly be worn and enjoyed in virtually any setting. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blk Fryes HSBoots Ovation TT Sub #3.jpg (86.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Blk Fryes HSBoots Ovation TT Sub #2.jpg (68.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Blk Ovation TT Submariner.jpg (95.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 21 August 2015, 05:30 PM   #63
Blue Trident
"TRF" Member

Greetings to all. Recently, I have been asked by several members my thoughts upon the inherent differences between a Breitling Two Tone Pilots Bracelet vs. the Rolex Two Tone Sport Bracelet, as seen, (as an example), installed on the new TT Sunburst Submariner. In my own personal journey to discover which brand and model I preferred most, I visited a number of Breitling and Rolex AD's, so that I may closely examine the differences in materials, construction, design, feel and appearance between the two. And, in my efforts, I did notice some amazing differences.

First of all, the Breitling TT Bracelet is stunning! The SS links are polished to a sleek, fine as glass, and as radiant as chrome luster and perfection that is very impressive. And, although the width of the Breitling Pilots Bracelet is wider than the TT Rolex Bracelet, the links installed on the Breitling are more diminutive in size, and more numerous compared to the Rolex TT Bracelet. Moreover, the "Gold" links in the Breitling are merely heavily plated, as opposed to solid Gold. Look closely at the following photos and you will see how the gold links of the Breitling, are, indeed, merely plated. I called Breitling HDQTRS to confirm this fact. In addition, I also called a well known servicer for Breitling. The technician there clearly confirmed their reticence to "polish" any Breitling TT Bracelets at all, as this service eventually polishes away all of the gold on the TT Breitlings.

In comparison, the Rolex Gold links in the TT Rolex Bracelet are virtually solid, hefty and much larger that the smaller links found in the Breitling Bracelet. To me, this was a deciding factor: The Rolex TT Bracelet has solid Gold links, and all the links are larger. And, lastly, the clasp in the Breitling is smaller, simpler, and more outdated, in comparison to the newer, larger and innovative Rolex Glidelock Clasp, which can be adjusted "on the fly" to fit over a divers wetsuit. The choice is all yours. Both manufacturers offer enough of a variety of exceptional models and styling to suit virtually any enthusiast. Choose what is best for you, your lifestyle and pocketbook.
Old 24 August 2015, 03:06 PM   #64
Blue Trident
"TRF" Member

The new TT Sunburst Submariner is stunning and resplendent at any angle and lighting. The finish and fine precision manufacturing that is entailed and present within each structural aspect, such as seen in the Ceramic Bezel and it's rugged amazing Coin Edge design features, are truly a visual delight for any horological aficionado to appreciate and enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RSubmariner TTLB Pics #26 (2).jpg (60.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Pics of TT Sub taken 7-27-15 #3 (2).jpg (61.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg RSubmariner TTLB Pics #20 (4).jpg (83.4 KB, 56 views)
Old 26 August 2015, 03:42 PM   #65
Blue Trident
"TRF" Member

Greetings, TRF night owls! By request, here are several other photo's of the amazing new Rolex TT Sunburst Submariner. The first and very stunning photo has been previously posted by fellow TRF member: "r-sj-lex" in 2013. The last two photo's (displaying the Movement from inside the case of the Submariner, and the Bi-Lever clasp arms of the Glidelock Clasp) have been previously discussed and highlighted in Luxurytyme.com. I graciously and thankfully post these extra pictures all in an effort to help share the product knowledge, the heightened awareness for the ever evolving and developing technology heralded by Rolex, as well as, for the immense appreciation for the Rolex brand. Without further ado, here are the extra pictures of the new Submariner model as described above for all to enjoy.
Old 27 August 2015, 12:26 AM   #66
gktii
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DSSD D-Blue
Gorgeous watch! Congrats!
gktii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2015, 01:18 PM   #67
Blue Trident
"TRF" Member

Thank you to all our wonderful fellow members who have taken the time to peruse the photos and helpful comments listed in this informative thread. Blessings to all this Holiday Season. And, I hope that for this lovely Christmas 2015 that you all receive the Rolex of your dreams. Perhaps a Daytona, Explorer, GMT II, or the ever stunning Two Tone Blue Submariner may be lovingly gift-wrapped and waiting beneath your Christmas Tree this year. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All, and to All Good Cheer.