The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 October 2019, 07:35 PM   #31
NiJaRo1225
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP and Rolex
I was just in the Rolex Boutique GWC on Alberni St in Vancouver and they had zero SS models in the cases. When I inquired about the SS BLRO the SA told me the usual line: “If you buy something in PM, you can get a SS model in 2 weeks.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NiJaRo1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2019, 04:35 AM   #32
Ed99
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiJaRo1225 View Post
I was just in the Rolex Boutique GWC on Alberni St in Vancouver and they had zero SS models in the cases. When I inquired about the SS BLRO the SA told me the usual line: “If you buy something in PM, you can get a SS model in 2 weeks.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What is PM? Professional Model? So they want you to buy say a SS sub and they will sell you a SS BLRO?
Ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2019, 04:40 AM   #33
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed99 View Post
What is PM? Professional Model? So they want you to buy say a SS sub and they will sell you a SS BLRO?
Not professional model.. hes referring to Precious Metal. i.e. solid gold / platinum piece ;)
Asal94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2019, 04:53 AM   #34
Ed99
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asal94 View Post
Not professional model.. hes referring to Precious Metal. i.e. solid gold / platinum piece ;)
So I can buy my wife a TT datejust and they will sell me a SS BLNR? That would work for me then.
Ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2019, 05:17 AM   #35
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
So I can buy my wife a TT datejust and they will sell me a SS BLNR? That would work for me then.
You can try maybe a TT Datejust, but I think most AD's would want you to purchase solid gold models
Asal94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2019, 06:09 AM   #36
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Quote:
Anyone in Vancouver having any luck in scoring either SS or TT subs, GMTII, and Daytona recently? I am in the market for the Daytona Panda Bear. Have any of you gone else where to buy? If so where?
Quote:
PM is precious metal. And especially at the Alberni Boutique it has to be a PM but not in the Professional Model line up. This "might" enable you to get a SS model within a reasonable time (but it does not apply to the Daytona SS).

TT sport pieces usually require one prior purchase to be put on the list.

Daytona SS is a myth in Vancouver. You better off going grey. Impossible is an understatement if you do not have an extensive history or prepared to drop over $100k on non-professional models.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2019, 06:12 AM   #37
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Quote:
I think you read up on some other threads. There is $$$ threshold too. You are targeting the standard harder to obtain models BLNR, BLRO, LV, Daytona... etc in a market where there is tons of wealth and buyer. Unfortunately its spend more and spend more on "unpopular" gold models.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote