The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23 October 2019, 04:44 AM   #31
scubadds
"TRF" Member

As sales positions are commissioned based, I have a feeling this can also come into play.
It might seem intuitive that "she had the sale right there" but I find that when these watches come in; they have people that have bought before and or have been waiting to buy one. She or someone else may have made a phone call and was awaiting someone to come in to purchase it. So it becomes bespoke in an innocent manner.

I saw this play out at my AD, sales person put a two-tone Sea Dweller in the back as "the customer wanted me to hold it for a few hours"; it was telling the other sales people to back off till the end of the day.

As I got a call for a Pepsi and Batman, come pick one; before the other guy on the list gets here. I got dibs, but of course these watches were in the safe. Just sorta sucks to not be 'that guy".....which I have seen other watches pulled out of the safe that were ear-marked for someone else.
Old 23 October 2019, 04:47 AM   #32
Tha Baron
"TRF" Member

So is this really news to anyone? At least 5 threads a day on this the last couple years...
Old 23 October 2019, 04:51 AM   #33
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Those watches are for bundles. A customer walks in and ums and ahs about a pm piece. As he is about to walk out the sales person says, "is there anything we can do to sweeten the deal, would you be interested in SS watch X?". The customer may then actually buy the pm piece and SS watch X at retail. Everybody is happy.

The watches could also be bundled off to gray dealers, the gray dealer takes undesirable watches A, B and C off their hands in return for getting the chance to buy SS watch X.

This is all quite understandable. Selling these hot watches at retail is almost like giving them away.
Old 23 October 2019, 04:55 AM   #34
JebM
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
她为我救了他们
Old 23 October 2019, 05:02 AM   #35
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mehr View Post
Thats not the store. My experience was in the ROLEX AD in Terminal 2.
The Wempe shop is in Terminal 1.
My apologies.

Then you should definitely complain to Rolex in Geneva.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 23 October 2019, 05:15 AM   #36
SydR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JebM View Post
她为我救了他们

Old 23 October 2019, 05:16 AM   #37
R G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalOac View Post
Bravo! , you made yourself sound very bigoted; Clearly making a point to let us know she was an Asian sales rep... and assume kickback for Chinese passengers. They can do whatever they want in this market.
Bravo? Bigot?

Do you know, for a fact, that his suspicion isn’t true then?

If the guy thinks that’s what going on, let him say it. This world contains way, way too many people who are so quick to pull out the racist card, and even more people who are scared to actually say what they think!

You ever heard the old English saying ‘Doth protest too much’?
Old 23 October 2019, 05:16 AM   #38
supersam80
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN, 26331ST
Quote:
As employees of Rolex aren't they supposed to sell the watches at the airports to whomever wants to buy them. They should have displayed these. Thats what the normal practise is in London, Amsterdam and Paris airports AD's.
They're not employees of Rolex and airport ADs have waiting lists

I bought my GMTc at an airport after being on a list, and have been trying to get an LVc from that same AD for over 12 months now, again on a list.
Old 23 October 2019, 05:20 AM   #39
g_luck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JebM View Post
她为我救了他们
That is some funny 拉屎 right there.
Old 23 October 2019, 05:25 AM   #40
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R G View Post
Bravo? Bigot?

If the guy thinks that’s what going on, let him say it. This world contains way, way too many people who are so quick to pull out the racist card, and even more people who are scared to actually say what they think!

She put the SS pieces away and said she can't sell these as these are for special customers. I have a feeling these watches are sold not with bundles but with some kind of special kickback deals to Chinese passengers.

"I have a feeling" does not make it a fact. As Ben Shapiro says; "facts don't care about your feelings"

"Chinese Passengers". He must have had some time machine to know the future buyers and have possession of their boarding passes and Passports to know they're Chinese!

He clearly edited his original "Chinese Passengers" with GREY DEALERS because he realized how bigoted that comment was.
Rolex Submariner 126613 LB
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST
Old 23 October 2019, 05:27 AM   #41
jctrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
Stop making everything about race everyone. The OP was just letting everyone know who was hiding the watches. If it was a 95 year old Grandma he would have said that and nobody would have their asses puckered. It is a descriptive sentence so you don't have to witch Hunt every employee.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
And it is pure coincidence that he made the assumption that the Asian SA is hiding the watches to sell to Chinese tourists?
Old 23 October 2019, 05:28 AM   #42
Podmornica
Banned

Mmm, taking off 15% VAT refund on the 126710 and than reselling it for 100% premium .. Sweet!
Old 23 October 2019, 05:34 AM   #43
R G
Banned

Quote:
She put the SS pieces away and said she can't sell these as these are for special customers. I have a feeling these watches are sold not with bundles but with some kind of special kickback deals to Chinese passengers.

"I have a feeling" does not make it a fact. As Ben Shapiro says; "facts don't care about your feelings"

"Chinese Passengers". He must have had some time machine to know the future buyers and have possession of their boarding passes and Passports to know they're Chinese!

He clearly edited his original "Chinese Passengers" with GREY DEALERS because he realized how bigoted that comment was.
No. You miss my point.

I know he said ‘I have a feeling’. The point I was making was, if YOU don’t categorically know that his ‘feeling’ is incorrect, you can’t criticise him for that. For example, if you know this Asian Store associate and can vouch for her then fine, otherwise you don’t have a leg to stand on.

After all, if this NEVER ever happened with Chinese buyers, then where would he have got his ‘feeling’ from?

Maybe he is right. I’m not saying he is, I’m not saying he’s not.
Old 23 October 2019, 05:38 AM   #44
173rdabn
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 216570 Explorer II
Unless this post was altered, there's no reference to any ethnicity. My eyes are not as good as they once were, but I'm sure I didn't miss something like that.
Old 23 October 2019, 05:39 AM   #45
Noonan
Banned

Watch: 3570.50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 173rdabn View Post
Unless this post was altered, there's no reference to any ethnicity. My eyes are not as good as they once were, but I'm sure I didn't miss something like that.
Quote:
Last edited by Dr.Mehr; Today at 02:33 PM.. Reason: typos and removed irrelevant info
The ethnic slur was the "irrelevant info"
Old 23 October 2019, 05:39 AM   #46
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No. You miss my point.

I know he said ‘I have a feeling’. The point I was making was, if YOU don’t categorically know that his ‘feeling’ is incorrect, you can’t criticise him for that. For example, if you know this Asian Store associate and can vouch for her then fine, otherwise you don’t have a leg to stand on.

After all, if this NEVER ever happened with Chinese buyers, then where would he have got his ‘feeling’ from?

Maybe he is right. I’m not saying he is, I’m not saying he’s not.
Ok, you two have piqued my curiosity. What is going on with Chinese Passengers? Are they known for having insider deals with airport ADs? Is that their thing? Is this limited to just the Chinese? What about Italians? Canadians? Australians?
Old 23 October 2019, 05:41 AM   #47
ROLEXster
"TRF" Member

Watch: is on BS wait list
Most ADs have some SS stashed away.
It is your job to convince, trick, bribe, them to sell you one.
Make up a super sob story ... it's all a game now.

It's not how you play the game ... it's if you win or lose.
Old 23 October 2019, 05:57 AM   #48
Ace775
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
I visited the AD on orchard in Singapore and I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw a Pepsi and a sea dweller in the case. “FOR DISPLAY ONLY” . He said people have offered him 25k for it and he has refused. Funny stuff.
Old 23 October 2019, 05:58 AM   #49
R G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtayham View Post
Ok, you two have piqued my curiosity. What is going on with Chinese Passengers? Are they known for having insider deals with airport ADs? Is that their thing? Is this limited to just the Chinese? What about Italians? Canadians? Australians?
I actually know nothing about favouritism and insider deals. I do however know that Chinese purchase lots. (Sorry, am I allowed to generalise like that??)

I was simply pointing out that I didn’t feel that the OP’s post was bigoted.

What I will say, though, is that there is very rarely smoke without fire. That may well relate to Chinese consumption at airports.
Old 23 October 2019, 06:03 AM   #50
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As employees of Rolex aren't they supposed to sell the watches at the airports to whomever wants to buy them. They should have displayed these. Thats what the normal practise is in London, Amsterdam and Paris airports AD's.
Wrong
Airport ADs in london have been keeping back SS models for existing customers of the store and or VIP customs of WOS as of early 2019.

AD took out a CNHR from out back for me to look at as I was an existing customer of that AD in that airport. They would not get it out for random passengers. Only maybe on a bundle. There are no rules that exist that you speak of, ADs can do what they like.
Old 23 October 2019, 06:06 AM   #51
Vamp
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn!
Omg these sensitive ass babies. Who gives a f*ck how he described the sales women!
Old 23 October 2019, 06:08 AM   #52
Cesium137
Banned

The question you should have asked is, how do I become a special customer. You probably could have walked out of there with 2 watches, a SD43 and a DD (perhaps the DD with a small discount).
Old 23 October 2019, 06:09 AM   #53
Vamp
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn!
Quote:
Bravo? Bigot?

Amen!
Old 23 October 2019, 06:10 AM   #54
Finslayer83
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600
Quote:
Bravo! , you made yourself sound very bigoted; Clearly making a point to let us know she was an Asian sales rep... and assume kickback for Chinese passengers. They can do whatever they want in this market.
Not that it is right but I was told earlier this year in Vegas that certain international visitors get first pick as they buy more than one, every time.

All I wanted was an Explorer (which they had) but refused to sell as it was "a common piece that is sold in groups".

This was at the Bellagio AD.
Old 23 October 2019, 06:27 AM   #55
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
Omg these sensitive ass babies. Who gives a f*ck how he described the sales women!
Clearly you missed the original post pre-edit

It was the following;

Pointing out an Asian sales rep, assuming she’s keeping it for chinese passengers... NOT because they are VIP, but because of KICKBACK. you don’t see any bigotry? Lol.

That’s like assuming at a sneaker store, the black employee is holding back the Yeezys or LE Nike x Offwhite for his black customers because his boys are gonna give him kickback. If someone said that, everyone would be up in arms; but since it’s regarding Asians, it’s less of an offense, and should be taken lightly right?
Old 23 October 2019, 06:31 AM   #56
reddog4063
"TRF" Member

Buy a PM piece and 3 DJs and then ask again who those watches are for. Turns out you're the special customer. Thats the way the game is being played nowadays. If you are not connected the grey price is the price now, either pay it or just move on.

**Please note, all of my posts are meant to spark discussion to make the board fun. I do not need advice and consent, I am having fun here**
Old 23 October 2019, 06:32 AM   #57
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtayham View Post
Chinese are known now for having a taste for luxury items, Rolex in this case, and a lot of money to spend. If the dealer can wait for one of them to come in and buy a bundle, they will. Considering this is taking place in an international terminal, there is a high likelihood that they get a lot of Chinese traffic. Having said that, I'm sure they'd make the same bundle deal with anybody else as well.

Quote:
Clearly you missed the original post pre-edit

It was the following;

Pointing out an Asian sales rep, assuming she’s keeping it for chinese passengers... NOT because they are VIP, but because of KICKBACK. you don’t see any bigotry? Lol.

That’s like assuming at a sneaker store, the black employee is holding back the Yeezys for his black customers. If someone said that, everyone would be up in arms; but since it’s regarding Asians, it’s less of an offense, and should be taken lightly right?

Asian sales rep =/= Chinese sales rep.
Old 23 October 2019, 06:36 AM   #58
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsg View Post
I want this industry to tank so badly...

Once the stock market tanks, watches will too.

I have an idea... Buy something other than Rolex.
Old 23 October 2019, 06:36 AM   #59
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Chinese are known now for having a taste for luxury items, Rolex in this case, and a lot of money to spend. If the dealer can wait for one of them to come in and buy a bundle, they will. Considering this is taking place in an international terminal, there is a high likelihood that they get a lot of Chinese traffic. Having said that, I'm sure they'd make the same bundle deal with anybody else as well.

Asian sales rep =/= Chinese sales rep.
Yes , I know. Yet OP went out of his way to describe the lady as “clearly an asian “ in his post, pre-edit.
Old 23 October 2019, 06:43 AM   #60
wholecz
"TRF" Member

Watch: black
Boring. Next Chinese story plz.
Closed Thread