The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23 October 2019, 06:45 AM   #61
wholecz
"TRF" Member

Watch: black
Quote:
Originally Posted by JebM View Post
她为我救了他们
Nice google translate.
Old 23 October 2019, 06:50 AM   #62
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalOac View Post
Yes , I know. Yet OP went out of his way to describe the lady as “clearly an asian “ in his post, pre-edit.

I read the pre-edit, but if he said "blonde lady" how would you feel about that?
Old 23 October 2019, 06:52 AM   #63
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulgogy View Post
A lot of assumptions here.

No idea why the sales persons ethnicity is relevant or important here.

physical availability vs availability to purchase is different. You combined them.

out of sight, out of mind. Having experienced, "the watch in the case is not for sale" method first hand, I personally prefer to not see anything.
At what point does the OP mention the sales persons ethnicity?

I think you may be confused with gender.

instagram: max.parkin
Old 23 October 2019, 06:56 AM   #64
mulgogy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
At what point does the OP mention the sales persons ethnicity?

I think you may be confused with gender.
"Last edited by Dr.Mehr; Today at 02:33 PM.. Reason: typos and removed irrelevant info"

I think you got to the post late.
Old 23 October 2019, 06:59 AM   #65
1665fan
"TRF" Member

I’d rather just buy minty 2000s models.....F them
Old 23 October 2019, 07:01 AM   #66
akilis
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116695SATS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mehr View Post
I am traveling from Frankfurt Airport and visited the Rolex AD at the airport in Terminal 2. There was a lady that told me there was no SS sports watch available.

We had a nice little chat and she noticed my SS Pepsi and was very impressed and inquired where I bought it from.

I asked her about the Tudor BB58 and she opened a a drawer and I could clearly see from the reflection of the wall mirror there were stainless Rolex watches in the drawer (!!!)

I said I want to see the other Rolex watches in the drawer and she said they are for customers. I asked which one as I am almost sure that there is no waiting list at the Airport AD's. I asked her nicely if I could at least see them. Very reluctantly she took two watches out. A submariner and a Sea Dweller !!!!

The watches were in their coffins and there was absolutely no note written on them so she telling me they were for special customers was obviously not true.

She put the SS pieces away and said she can't sell these as these are for special customers. I have a feeling these watches are sold not with bundles but with some kind of special kickback deals to grey dealers.

It was very frustrating that she lied first and then suddenly she did have Sports watches but wasn't able to sell them.
at lease she didn't just tell you to go away ...
Old 23 October 2019, 07:02 AM   #67
woof
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS daytona, Hulk,
Don't feel bad.... you're just not special.....
You are just an ordinary person like us!!
MoonPhase, Rootbeer
Batman, Sub, Blk GMT, Pepsi,YG Daytona, TTSD, Batgirl, 5167/1A, Speedy, P01, OP, Kermit
Old 23 October 2019, 07:09 AM   #68
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Outrageous...how can this possibly be good for the brand?
Old 23 October 2019, 07:11 AM   #69
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
A lot of assumptions here.

No idea why the sales persons ethnicity is relevant or important here.

physical availability vs availability to purchase is different. You combined them.

out of sight, out of mind. Having experienced, "the watch in the case is not for sale" method first hand, I personally prefer to not see anything.
Am I missing something but where is ethnicity mentioned ?
Old 23 October 2019, 07:13 AM   #70
mulgogy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
Am I missing something but where is ethnicity mentioned ?
"Last edited by Dr.Mehr; Today at 02:33 PM.. Reason: typos and removed irrelevant info"

Old 23 October 2019, 07:18 AM   #71
jctrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
I read the pre-edit, but if he said "blonde lady" how would you feel about that?
But the point is he didn’t. He made a point of bringing out the ethnicity twice in his pre edited post; once referring to the SA another time referring to the assumed customers being Chinese passengers. That was the point of calling him out. Don’t bend the facts around to defend him. If it walks like a duck.........
Old 23 October 2019, 07:28 AM   #72
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:

So you answered your own question.

OP removed the reference before posting because it was deemed 'irrelevant info'

Your post states 'No idea why the sales persons ethnicity is relevant or important here'

Well, clearly it wasn't relevant, that's why the OP removed it prior to posting so why did you bring it back up ?

To me that's just trying to stir up drama unnecessarily.

OP is clearly just expressing frustration at the current SS Professional situation with Rolex and relaying their recent experience to the forum - don't try & turn it into something it isn't.

Old 23 October 2019, 07:32 AM   #73
mulgogy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So you answered your own question.

OP removed the reference before posting because it was deemed 'irrelevant info'

Your post states 'No idea why the sales persons ethnicity is relevant or important here'

Well, clearly it wasn't relevant, that's why the OP removed it prior to posting so why did you bring it back up ?

To me that's just trying to stir up drama unnecessarily.

OP is clearly just expressing frustration at the current SS Professional situation with Rolex and relaying their recent experience to the forum - don't try & turn it into something it isn't.
It was edited after I originally posted.
Old 23 October 2019, 07:34 AM   #74
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Are you trying to make a valid argument with a hair-color? lol. Anyone can dye their hair blonde. You should've questioned it this way:

"I read the pre-edit, but if he said 'clearly looks like a European lady, saving the watch for kickback for Swedish passengers' ...

I would've have had the same response.

It is offensive regardless if it is Asian or European or African, etc to think and assume a race is backchannel dealing for her own kind.
Rolex Submariner 126613 LB
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST
Old 23 October 2019, 07:37 AM   #75
Dr.Mehr
"TRF" Member

Can we all go back to ranting about how frustrating the current state has become regarding Rolex watches ?
Old 23 October 2019, 07:39 AM   #76
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Airport AD’s absolutely do have waiting lists and preferred customers too. Nothing new here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 23 October 2019, 07:47 AM   #77
Vamp
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn!
Quote:
Clearly you missed the original post pre-edit

It was the following;

She put the SS pieces away and said she can't sell these as these are for special customers. I have a feeling these watches are sold not with bundles but with some kind of special kickback deals to Chinese passengers.

Pointing out an Asian sales rep, assuming she’s keeping it for chinese passengers... NOT because they are VIP, but because of KICKBACK. you don’t see any bigotry? Lol.

That’s like assuming at a sneaker store, the black employee is holding back the Yeezys or LE Nike x Offwhite for his black customers because his boys are gonna give him kickback. If someone said that, everyone would be up in arms; but since it’s regarding Asians, it’s less of an offense, and should be taken lightly right?
Yea I caught all that, but it doesn’t change my feelings. If she was anything but Asian, and still waiting on the Chinese it wouldn’t be felt the same by you. THE CHINESE ARE THE MARKET! Or you don’t believe they’ve had a huge part into why there is a such thing as “Rolex shortage”? So with that being said why not wait for them if they like to bundle??!? Face it, you’re just super sensitive over meaningless none sense. I wonder if you would of felt the same if he had said the sales women was Russian waiting for other Russians to come in too bundle??? Probably not
Old 23 October 2019, 07:48 AM   #78
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
The ethnic slur was the "irrelevant info"
You are accusing the OP of using an "ethnic slur?" That's a scarlet letter these days, so I hope its not a false accusation. I didn't see the original post, but from context it doesn't sound like he used an "ethnic slur."
Old 23 October 2019, 07:52 AM   #79
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
Yea I caught all that, but it doesn’t change my feelings. If she was anything but Asian, and still waiting on the Chinese it wouldn’t be felt the same by you. THE CHINESE ARE THE MARKET! Or you don’t believe they’ve had a huge part into why there is a such thing as “Rolex shortage”? So with that being said why not wait for them if they like to bundle??!? Face it, you’re just super sensitive over meaningless none sense. I wonder if you would of felt the same if he had said the sales women was Russian waiting for other Russians to come in too bundle??? Probably not
Go scroll up and you'll read my response to your last sentence
Old 23 October 2019, 07:55 AM   #80
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Clearly you missed the original post pre-edit

It was the following;

She put the SS pieces away and said she can't sell these as these are for special customers. I have a feeling these watches are sold not with bundles but with some kind of special kickback deals to Chinese passengers.

Pointing out an Asian sales rep, assuming she’s keeping it for chinese passengers... NOT because they are VIP, but because of KICKBACK. you don’t see any bigotry? Lol.

That’s like assuming at a sneaker store, the black employee is holding back the Yeezys or LE Nike x Offwhite for his black customers because his boys are gonna give him kickback. If someone said that, everyone would be up in arms; but since it’s regarding Asians, it’s less of an offense, and should be taken lightly right?
But the OP clearly realised the way the post was originally worded it could have been interpreted as offensive, hence the edit - If they had left it un-edited then fair enough, publicly flame them.

Why, when they corrected their mistake is everyone raking through the ashes trying to re ignite the fire ???

I mean, who the hell reads the pre edits anyway?? I certainly don't, why would you want/need to ???

Old 23 October 2019, 07:56 AM   #81
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But the OP clearly realised the way the post was originally worded it could have been interpreted as offensive, hence the edit - If they had left it un-edited then fair enough, publicly flame them.

Why, when they corrected their mistake is everyone raking through the ashes trying to re ignite the fire ???

I mean, who the hell reads the pre edits anyway?? I certainly don't, why would you want/need to ???
It was edited much later , after receiving backlash from others and myself
Old 23 October 2019, 07:58 AM   #82
SydR
"TRF" Member

If it helps the OPs pre-edit post is quoted in post #30 of this thread.

Hopefully after reading it people can make an informed decision as opposed to reacting to later comments.
Old 23 October 2019, 07:59 AM   #83
Vamp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Go scroll up and you'll read my response to your last sentence
Somehow I think your response would of been different if it were euro on euro, but I won’t call you a liar so
Old 23 October 2019, 08:01 AM   #84
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
Somehow I think your response would of been different if it were euro on euro, but I won’t call you a liar so
I would take offense regardless of ethnicity if it was worded the same way Dr.Mehr worded it in his original post, pre-edit.

Note the BOLD on how he had to clearly make it a point that her Asian origin was (very obvious)

Originally Posted by Dr.Mehr View Post
I am traveling from Frankfurt Airport and visited the Rolex AD at the airport in Terminal 2. There was a lady of Asian origin (very obvious) and she told me there was no SS sports watch available.

We had a nice little chat and she noticed my SS Pepsi and was very impressed and inquired where I bought it from.

I asked her about the Tudor BB58 and she opened a a drawer and I could clearly see from the reflection of the wall mirror there were stainless Rolex watches in the drawer (!!!)

I said I want to see the other Rolex watches in the drawer and she said they are for customers. I asked which one as I am almost sure that there is no waiting list at the Airport AD's. I asked her nicely if I could at least see them. Very reluctantly she took two watches out. A submariner and a Sea Dweller !!!!

The watches were in their coffins and there was absolutely no note written on them so she telling me they were for special customers was obviously not true.

She put the SS pieces away and said she can't sell these as these are for special customers. I have a feeling these watches are sold not with bundles but with some kind of special kickback deal to Chinese passengers.

It was very frustrating that she lied first and then suddenly she did have Sports watches but wasn't able to sell them.
Old 23 October 2019, 08:02 AM   #85
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:

Because I’m afraid many people these days seem to thrive on being offended.
Old 23 October 2019, 08:03 AM   #86
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm not sure I want to label OP a bigot based on his post. Let's look at the story another way.
"I was in the Frankfurt airport AD and the Norwegian sales associate wouldn't sell me a Submariner and Sea Dweller in the drawer because she said they are for special customers. I have a feeing that these watches are sold with some kind of special kickback deals to Norwegian passengers." Bigotry, too?
Old 23 October 2019, 08:06 AM   #87
Phil t 32
"TRF" Member

Frankfurt Airport AD hiding sports watches in the drawer

I’m not particularly interested in the he said she said racist element, what doesn’t make sense to me is...what’s the difference in selling 6 watches for example in a bundle of two 3’s (for special customers) or six separate sales in the day if they are selling at mrsp? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23 October 2019, 08:07 AM   #88
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
I'm not sure I want to label OP a bigot based on his post. Let's look at the story another way.
"I was in the Frankfurt airport AD and the Norwegian sales associate wouldn't sell me a Submariner and Sea Dweller in the drawer because she said they are for special customers. I have a feeing that these watches are sold with some kind of special kickback deals to Norwegian passengers." Bigotry, too?
you forgot the "(very obvious)" part of his original post.

Regardless of race or nationality, it is still indecent to assume the sales rep is saving their SS watches for their own kind, a point I had made in earlier posts.
Old 23 October 2019, 08:11 AM   #89
Vamp
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Regardless of race or nationality, it is still indecent to assume the sales rep is saving their SS watches for their own kind, a point I had made in earlier posts.

Ok so if he said of Italian origins (very obvious) would of that bothered you also? I mean Asian encompasses a large area, and while still Asian the sales women could of very well been Japanese, and I’m pretty sure we all Japanese/Chinese culture is night and day different.
Old 23 October 2019, 08:13 AM   #90
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I could have said "very obviously" Norwegian as she was tall, blonde and a total smoke show.

I like to think the best of people. Maybe he was just pointing out she was Asian to differentiate her from other salespeople. And her being Asian had nothing to do with the fact that he had heard--and was hypothesizing that it might be occurring here--that people in the Chinese market were buying bundles of watches to take back to China and sell at a profit.
Closed Thread