The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 22 December 2016, 09:01 PM   #91
kiralymd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxux View Post
What a wonderful read about a great watch. I love the white dial on Nautilus. Thanks for sharing your journey and review.

Just like Mike I'm interested to hear how you view the watch few months from now, after the honeymoon is over ;-).

Enjoy.
It a Nautilus. The honeymoon is NEVER over

OP: Regular uldates please. How it wears, what do you like about it as a edc.
Your collection now is very well rounded. Great congrats and respect.
Wear them watches in good health
kiralymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 09:11 PM   #92
Arclight
Banned

Watch: Rolex
I came to this party late, but I'm pleased to find this great review. I'm also glad to hear of your pleasant interaction with Patek NYC.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2017, 03:26 AM   #93
vladamir15
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, VC, Breguet
Nice review! Looks great!

Audemars, Vacheron, Breguet, Jaquet Droz, JLC, Rolex, Omega, Cartier
vladamir15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2017, 02:36 AM   #94
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Update:

Right on schedule at 21 weeks I received a call today to verify information for shipment.

I should have my watch back on Thursday and will update as to the packing and results of the service.

Thanks.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 09:14 PM   #95
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Update:

Watch received from Fed EX two day shipping. Packaged very well inside a plain brown box, the watch was bubble wrapped and vacuum sealed. QC hang tag and sticker were on the watch.

Patek covered the broken barrel bridge for me.

I noticed that the crown stem seems to come out farther than before and the winding seems smoother. The same rotor sound is present as before. Nothing that I can see through the display back to indicate any work.

There was one minor point, the watch had some sort of smear on the bezel. I cleaned right off and was no issue.

I will now track the performance of the watch and see how well it keeps time as it was running -2 sec per day before the service.

Thanks.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 27 April 2017, 09:27 PM   #96
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Update:

After one week back the watch is -4 seconds for the week.

Very happy!
Old 27 April 2017, 09:29 PM   #97
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Glad to hear it's back and in tip top shape
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2017, 09:30 PM   #98
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie@SIN View Post
Thank you for the detailed review and this watch has since become my grail watch. Since the waiting list for this watch is damn long (could be more than 1 year), I have started saving up for this watch by starting a watch fund :)
Guess what, almost 1.5 years after I wrote my previous post, I received a call from the PP Boutique in Singapore yesterday morning and in the evening, I am the proud owner of the Nautilus 5711 in white dial
Newbie@SIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2017, 11:55 PM   #99
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Guess what, almost 1.5 years after I wrote my previous post, I received a call from the PP Boutique in Singapore yesterday morning and in the evening, I am the proud owner of the Nautilus 5711 in white dial
Congrats!
Old 29 April 2017, 12:16 AM   #100
Newbie@SIN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Congrats!
Thanks mate :) Your long and positive review of the watch was one of the pull factor to this watch!

Having had the service experience which you wrote about in great detail, what is your personal assessment of the watch at the moment? Is it still living up to your expectation?
Newbie@SIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2017, 02:49 AM   #101
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks mate :) Your long and positive review of the watch was one of the pull factor to this watch!

Having had the service experience which you wrote about in great detail, what is your personal assessment of the watch at the moment? Is it still living up to your expectation?
Yes absolutely, I missed it greatly.

It is running better than when I sent it in (to be expected) and I am glad I have it back. Guess that is the true sign of long term enjoyment.
Old 29 April 2017, 08:57 AM   #102
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes absolutely, I missed it greatly.

It is running better than when I sent it in (to be expected) and I am glad I have it back. Guess that is the true sign of long term enjoyment.
I'm embarrassed, all these years on the forums I never saw this post of your 5711 review, but I guess I stayed away from Patek because it was out of my reach at that time. Great review even if it is 4 years old. Wear the watch in good health.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2017, 11:55 PM   #103
Leeq
"TRF" Member

This was a great review on your part. I hope we get to see more of it! I plan on consolidating my watch collection as well and when i've tried to in the past it never works out - I guess I'm a bit of a hoarderer you could say.
Leeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 03:13 AM   #104
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
I'm embarrassed, all these years on the forums I never saw this post of your 5711 review, but I guess I stayed away from Patek because it was out of my reach at that time. Great review even if it is 4 years old. Wear the watch in good health.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeq View Post
This was a great review on your part. I hope we get to see more of it! I plan on consolidating my watch collection as well and when i've tried to in the past it never works out - I guess I'm a bit of a hoarderer you could say.
Thanks.

It was a tough decision to sell three to get one but I have never regretted doing so.

The Patek is that good, IMHO.
Old 28 July 2017, 03:19 AM   #105
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks

Thanks.

It was a tough decision to sell three to get one but I have never regretted doing so.

The Patek is that good, IMHO.
I bought the white dial partically because of your review. Even at the Patek Exhibition, the blue and white 5711 side by side, I still pick the white. The blue dial looks very muted and boring IMO. I know the blue dial is classic Genta, blah blah blah, but I pay that no mind.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2017, 03:43 AM   #106
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
I bought the white dial partically because of your review. Even at the Patek Exhibition, the blue and white 5711 side by side, I still pick the white. The blue dial looks very muted and boring IMO. I know the blue dial is classic Genta, blah blah blah, but I pay that no mind.
And we are in agreement.

The blue is classic and very nice.

I prefer the white, it is sporty and sharp looking In addition to being more visible at least to my eye.
Old 22 October 2017, 01:07 AM   #107
Mercury2wo
"TRF" Member

Am unable to see any pics! :-(
Was looking forward to seeing them.
Mercury2wo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2017, 12:53 AM   #108
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury2wo View Post
Am unable to see any pics! :-(
Was looking forward to seeing them.
Thanks and sorry, blame Photobucket. I am not going to be extorted.

Not that the images are hard to find of a white dial 5711

Old 7 January 2018, 01:52 AM   #109
SDDS
"TRF" Member

Amazing review Brian, i am glad that the watch came back as new, i pulled the trigger on 5711 white dial and i am going to have it in 2 weeks time, but i was really surprised about the shock that occured to the movement , do you recall the shock that was made to the movement? Also i would like to ask you, as a Rolex and AP owner, i wear my watch for all occasions, i go to work, GYM, swimming, having shower with my watch on the wrist, can i do the same with 5711, or i have to be more careful your input is highly appreciated
Rolex Oysterquartz 17000 N series
Rolex OP 41MM 124300 Green Dial
SDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2018, 03:53 AM   #110
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDS View Post
Amazing review Brian, i am glad that the watch came back as new, i pulled the trigger on 5711 white dial and i am going to have it in 2 weeks time, but i was really surprised about the shock that occured to the movement , do you recall the shock that was made to the movement? Also i would like to ask you, as a Rolex and AP owner, i wear my watch for all occasions, i go to work, GYM, swimming, having shower with my watch on the wrist, can i do the same with 5711, or i have to be more careful your input is highly appreciated
Although Patek originally said that I must have damaged the watch and that the failed parts were due to a shock, they admitted that there were no visible signs on the case of such damage. As I indicated to them, I never bumped the watch on anything.

While I neither baby nor abuse my watches, I wear them and they see normal use on my wrist. Since the service the watch is running very well -1.5 a day and seems to wind more smoothly which leads me to believe it was originally a problem from the factory that took time to wear the part sufficiently until it failed.
Old 8 January 2018, 03:55 AM   #111
SDDS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Although Patek originally said that I must have damaged the watch and that the failed parts were due to a shock, they admitted that there were no visible signs on the case of such damage. As I indicated to them, I never bumped the watch on anything.

While I neither baby nor abuse my watches, I wear them and they see normal use on my wrist. Since the service the watch is running very well -1.5 a day and seems to wind more smoothly which leads me to believe it was originally a problem from the factory that took time to wear the part sufficiently until it failed.

True you have a point, makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex Oysterquartz 17000 N series
Rolex OP 41MM 124300 Green Dial
SDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2018, 02:03 PM   #112
Wakafc86
Banned

Great review, and then pics :0
Wakafc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2018, 07:08 AM   #113
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakafc86 View Post
Great review, and then pics :0
Thanks, sorry most of the images are no longer accessible due to Photobucket.
Old 4 August 2018, 02:47 AM   #114
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Nice review! Congrats! I hope to get a PP too someday in future.
I guess you did my friend!

I know it’s an old post, but a great one.

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2018, 10:01 AM   #115
NicholasNJ
"TRF" Member

Congrats on the PP! Truly a grail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NicholasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2018, 10:49 AM   #116
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
This is a very beautifully written watch review. Thanks for that! (5 years late)
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2018, 02:10 PM   #117
stanmore12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16800
solid piece and nice review !
stanmore12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 08:00 AM   #118
Arzel
"TRF" Member

Extensive review.
Arzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2018, 11:35 PM   #119
bmdaia
"TRF" Member

This was a great read start to finish, and fully tells the whole PP story (artificial scarcity, interminable wait-lists, nail-biting 6-mo's repairs, etc.). Nevertheless how do you put a price on a 5-year "honeymoon", and counting? Mazel tov indeed!
bmdaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2018, 11:45 PM   #120
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
This is a very beautifully written watch review. Thanks for that! (5 years late)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmore12 View Post
solid piece and nice review !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arzel View Post
Extensive review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdaia View Post
This was a great read start to finish, and fully tells the whole PP story (artificial scarcity, interminable wait-lists, nail-biting 6-mo's repairs, etc.). Nevertheless how do you put a price on a 5-year "honeymoon", and counting? Mazel tov indeed!
Thanks all, still love wearing the watch and enjoy it very much.!