The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 December 2021, 12:22 PM   #1
mrarchiegoodwin
"TRF" Member

Watch: GShock Frogman
Missing Non Rolex Watches...

Hi All:

I am posting about four watches that have gone missing from my sock drawer in California. They were kept together in one bag. Other watches were kept in other bags in the same drawer. I admit to having handled my watches casually and carelessly. My fault entirely. I did not think anybody I knew (police believe this was done by an acquaintance) would covet any of them. I believe the last time I saw the watches was around 6 years ago when I snapped a picture of the bunch and posted on Rolex Forum or Timezone. Other watches were not taken (although 12 mint gold coins are also missing). I am pretty sure I have pictures of the watches in my laptop in another country (that I am unable to access now). I do not expect to get these watches back, but want to alert watch fans who do not want to buy stolen stuff.

1. Richard MIlle RM005-FM. Maybe 20 years old--I bought it used, but do not remember the dealer. I had it serviced around 12 years ago and did not wear it again. Titanium case with partially rubbed off light grey coating and yellow chapter ring. I think the number is 11/30.

2. IWC Mark 12. Maybe 25 years old--I bought it used from Armstrong Rockwell around 20 years ago. Platinum case with lots of scratches and nicks--I wore it a lot until I realized it had been fraying the left cuff of all my shirts. I think the number is 35/500.

3.* IWC Mark 11. Quite old--I bought it old from Art In Time around 20 years ago out of curiosity. Steel case. Military insignia. Good condition lume. I never wore it and don't know the case number.

4.* IWC Mark 10. Quite old--I bought it old from Art In Time around 20 years ago. Steel case. Military insignia. Good condition lume. I never wore it and don't know the case number.

* I am not positive about the numbers 10 and 11, but I think I did manage to get the sequence just below 12. I wanted to buy 9, 10 and 11 as a companion to my 12, but one of them was supposed to be impossible to find and deterred me for awhile. I think one of the two I got was also quite rare, but I never understood what rare meant in watch parlance. I gave up looking for four numbers in a row when I discovered my cuffs had been fraying. I think that is when I got a Rolex 5512 and no longer had trouble with my cuffs.

I hope to post pictures when I finally have access to my other laptop. Thanks for reading. Happy holidays!
mrarchiegoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote