The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 13 December 2006, 11:46 PM   #31
Atomic

Who used Yahoo to search?

Google rocks!
Old 14 December 2006, 01:48 AM   #32
rockos
"TRF" Member

Watch: Serti Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Yahoo and google comes back as number one top of the first page on both, if you search rolex forums
it does if you put the "s" in forums but if you just search rolex forum it doesnt come up on google....

but....

if you search "rolex JJ" it is number three on google. bringing up "at JJ house"

rockos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2006, 04:07 AM   #33
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockos View Post
it does if you put the "s" in forums but if you just search rolex forum it doesnt come up on google....

but....

if you search "rolex JJ" it is number three on google. bringing up "at JJ house"

Just 6 posts, Mike.....hmmm....very ambitious indeed!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2006, 04:58 AM   #34
rockos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Just 6 posts, Mike.....hmmm....very ambitious indeed!!

thanks i try....anything worth doing is worth doing well
Old 14 December 2006, 11:13 AM   #35
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Hmm - Stephen, in light of the difference between "forum" and "forums" in search terms, perhaps a metatag of "forum" could be added to the site description?
Old 14 December 2006, 03:25 PM   #36
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
There's definitely something funny going on. The European top 100 ranks us as no. 3 but when you click on the blue icon, at their site we are ranked at no. 9.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2006, 03:31 PM   #37
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
Hmm - Stephen, in light of the difference between "forum" and "forums" in search terms, perhaps a metatag of "forum" could be added to the site description?
James, this has now been attended to. It appears that the metatags were blank, probably due to the new version of the software now used.
The search engine results may take a few days to reflect the changes.
Adrian this morning it was 13 on the site and now it is 9, (when all the time TRF page shows/ed 3) it will vary but exactly how is a little mysterious.
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2006, 04:16 PM   #38
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-AJ View Post
There's definitely something funny going on. The European top 100 ranks us as no. 3 but when you click on the blue icon, at their site we are ranked at no. 9.
Maybe clear your cache and try again?
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2006, 04:46 PM   #39
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yuh huh. If the ratings are that variable, why would anybody even worry about them? It's about as good as saying, "14 December 2005 was sunny but 14 December 2006 is rainy - what's going on here?".
Old 14 December 2006, 04:48 PM   #40
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astcell View Post
Maybe clear your cache and try again?
Nope - now it's #10.
Old 14 December 2006, 04:55 PM   #41
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
Nope - now it's #10.
Maybe JJ should stop posting.
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2006, 04:58 PM   #42
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 14 December 2006, 05:29 PM   #43
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If he did the forum would die!!

Keep posting my old friend.

Member #10
Old 15 December 2006, 01:05 AM   #44
Atomic

Quote:
Doubtful.
Old 15 December 2006, 03:13 AM   #45
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:

Keep posting my old friend.
Thanks, Adrian. While I'm quite sure the forum wouldn't die, it does feel nice to be appreciated!!

Old 15 December 2006, 03:56 AM   #46
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
Doubtful.
Not really. It certainly wouldn't ever be the same again.
Old 15 December 2006, 04:19 AM   #47
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
Not really. It certainly wouldn't ever be the same again.
Hey I got banned from a certain other place and despite my place in the food chain, they managed without me. Initially I'm sure it wasn't the same, but eventually people got over it.
Old 15 December 2006, 04:25 AM   #48
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey I got banned from a certain other place and despite my place in the food chain, they managed without me. Initially I'm sure it wasn't the same, but eventually people got over it.
Now who on earth would ban such a fine chap like you John?

Member #10
Old 15 December 2006, 04:37 AM   #49
Atomic

Quote:
Now who on earth would ban such a fine chap like you John?
The list is long, and not so distinguished.
Old 15 December 2006, 05:07 AM   #50
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This place wouldn't be the same if it lost any of the core members. We need to stick together and look out for one another and be supportive, no matter what the thread or topic may be. Some friends of mine told me that when I left a short time ago, that's why I'm back......remember?

We all have our own gig's. some of us like convertibles, others like pannies, some are into nato straps, some go for TT subs and others dig the vintage thing. Hell, we probably have a few guys into toothless hookers, but hey, whatever floats out boats, right? The bottom line is, I could care less about most of these topics. But, I care a great deal about the guys posting them and if it makes them happy, it makes me happy. That's what TRF is and always was all about. So, come on, let's drop this bickering sh!t and get back to being the old TRF family again. I told you all before, you never met a guy that would never be found dead on a computer forum more than me. Then I found TRF. You guys and the bond shared by all here is what made me stay and become such a big part of this place. Please, let's not change that now.
Old 15 December 2006, 05:26 AM   #51
madformac
"TRF" Member

Yeah, I agree with Craig here.

Like any family we have a few fallouts from time to time but lets not make them into a big deal. This site is special, its special because of the integration of its members, despite our many differences in culture, religion and country.

I used to think the majority of Rolex owners were materialistic tossers........ Until I came here.

Some members post a lot of threads, others post primarily about other brands such as Panerai etc, others post pictures of birds (both varieties!), others keep us amused with jokes, others post great factual Rolex information and there are some that rarely post yet enjoy the atmosphere and banter on this forum. All have a passion or they wouldn't be here. We need to all respect that. This forum is different and its refreshing and that is an attractive thing on the net in this day and age. Lets not lose sight of that.
madformac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2006, 05:45 AM   #52
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Good for you both, Craig and Justin. You've managed to put into words what I've been thinking for a while but I'm not articulate enough to accomplish.

Member #10
Old 15 December 2006, 07:28 AM   #53
alpet

Watch: me carefully
Quote:
This place wouldn't be the same if it lost any of the core members. We need to stick together and look out for one another and be supportive, no matter what the thread or topic may be. Some friends of mine told me that when I left a short time ago, that's why I'm back......remember?

We all have our own gig's. some of us like convertibles, others like pannies, some are into nato straps, some go for TT subs and others dig the vintage thing. Hell, we probably have a few guys into toothless hookers, but hey, whatever floats out boats, right? The bottom line is, I could care less about most of these topics. But, I care a great deal about the guys posting them and if it makes them happy, it makes me happy. That's what TRF is and always was all about. So, come on, let's drop this bickering sh!t and get back to being the old TRF family again. I told you all before, you never met a guy that would never be found dead on a computer forum more than me. Then I found TRF. You guys and the bond shared by all here is what made me stay and become such a big part of this place. Please, let's not change that now.

alpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2006, 07:33 AM   #54
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:

Oh? Are you back? I really didn't notice But....... even I have to admit (very, very unwillingly) that you've hit the nail right on the head BTW, what do you mean with "the guys"? Are you cheating on me, you tosser
Old 15 December 2006, 07:33 AM   #55
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?

I might just put on my SS Sub tonight to celebrate

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2006, 08:53 AM   #56
rockos
"TRF" Member

as i was once told everytime something happens that might upset me....Mike is it going to matter in a year....if no dont worry about it. if it something that will matter in a year then deal with it. But the little things that wont matter are the things that most people allow to piss them off. I dont.
Old 15 December 2006, 09:16 AM   #57
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch Mini View Post

I might just put on my SS Sub tonight to celebrate
Say it ain't so!
Old 15 December 2006, 04:03 PM   #58
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
Yeah, I agree with Craig here.

Like any family we have a few fallouts from time to time but lets not make them into a big deal. This site is special, its special because of the integration of its members, despite our many differences in culture, religion and country.

I used to think the majority of Rolex owners were materialistic tossers........ Until I came here.

Some members post a lot of threads, others post primarily about other brands such as Panerai etc, others post pictures of birds (both varieties!), others keep us amused with jokes, others post great factual Rolex information and there are some that rarely post yet enjoy the atmosphere and banter on this forum. All have a passion or they wouldn't be here. We need to all respect that. This forum is different and its refreshing and that is an attractive thing on the net in this day and age. Lets not lose sight of that.
BOTH these posts get a .....

Old 15 December 2006, 04:05 PM   #59
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Craig and Justin, a big thank you for bringing everybody back to what it's really all about!