The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 5 October 2020, 06:52 AM   #1
rkven
"TRF" Member

Beware of “dirty john”

Bought a brand new Seamaster 300m with box and warranty. A few days (not even a week) after receiving the watch, the date doesn’t change in position 3 over 24 hours nor automatically at midnight. Claimed to have never worn the watch due to a heart condition and sat in the winder the whole time. Absolutely no response to texts/calls. Only bought from him because he’d bought several pieces from a reputed dealer here on the forums. If I was him I’d just take it back and give a refund, but that’s just me. Buyers beware of this guy. Absolutely a disgrace to the watch community.
rkven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2020, 09:55 AM   #2
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Watch is under warranty, send it back to Omega. I've dealt with this seller, and he was very honest. Possibly he is having a medical issue, and has not been on TRF. His last log in was 9/22.....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2020, 12:40 PM   #3
rkven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Watch is under warranty, send it back to Omega. I've dealt with this seller, and he was very honest. Possibly he is having a medical issue, and has not been on TRF. His last log in was 9/22.....
I sent him several texts but no response whatsoever. Wouldn't return my calls either. I think he should just take it back and give me a refund. He bought it brand new from rebes, but never had a chance to wear it due to his heart condition. What’s hard to believe is that he didn’t know that there was an issue with the movement. I would take it in a heartbeat if I was the seller since it was advertised as brand new with warranty. Well eventually I’ll have to send it to omega. Just a little hesitant at the moment because I don’t want them opening the watch.
Old 12 October 2020, 02:03 PM   #4
rkven
"TRF" Member

****Update****
Was dropped off at an OB two days ago. Wish I asked him more questions and about returns. Never had a seller rip me off this way on a brand new watch. I’m sure he knew about this before he sold it to me. I’m glad it’s not a fake. Again, buyers/sellers beware while dealing with “dirty John”.
Old 28 October 2020, 03:05 AM   #5
Dirty John
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Thank you.
Dirty John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 03:18 AM   #6
Dirty John
"TRF" Member

This guy rvken is an absolute clown.

I sold him the brand new watch for $3100 which he bargained me down. I was in a desperate situation because of my medical bills so that's the only reason I sold it and for that low of a price. I bought it new from Eric Rebes and never wore it.

After he received it, I got a text from him saying it's "perfect". I still have the saved text. Then a week later, he texts me about this alleged problem. I told him to take it up with Rebes since he's an authorized Omega seller (I have bought 4 Omegas from Rebes and he's as honest as they come) or send it back to the manufacturer. The warranty card that he has for it STARTS on 4/2020.

I'm not a watch dealer. I'm just a guy who likes watches. I have about 4-5 guys on here that I have bought and sold watches from and never had a problem until rvken, who incidentally doesn't do business here, just WUS. I would not recommend doing business with him. For all I know he messed the watch up himself.
Dirty John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 04:24 AM   #7
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkven View Post
****Update****
Was dropped off at an OB two days ago. Wish I asked him more questions and about returns. Never had a seller rip me off this way on a brand new watch. I’m sure he knew about this before he sold it to me. I’m glad it’s not a fake. Again, buyers/sellers beware while dealing with “dirty John”.
Bold statement without any evidence. If he had a new watch unworn as stated, how would he know? Right now, it's you I would avoid based on this thread and the way you have handled this.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 05:27 AM   #8
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Come onnnnnn OP, you got a watch under warranty and confirmed its not a fake. Unlucky with the date issue but take it up with Omega. Harsh words on the seller to be honest.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 03:30 PM   #9
rkven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty John View Post
This guy rvken is an absolute clown.

I sold him the brand new watch for $3100 which he bargained me down. I was in a desperate situation because of my medical bills so that's the only reason I sold it and for that low of a price. I bought it new from Eric Rebes and never wore it.

After he received it, I got a text from him saying it's "perfect". I still have the saved text. Then a week later, he texts me about this alleged problem. I told him to take it up with Rebes since he's an authorized Omega seller (I have bought 4 Omegas from Rebes and he's as honest as they come) or send it back to the manufacturer. The warranty card that he has for it STARTS on 4/2020.

I'm not a watch dealer. I'm just a guy who likes watches. I have about 4-5 guys on here that I have bought and sold watches from and never had a problem until rvken, who incidentally doesn't do business here, just WUS. I would not recommend doing business with him. For all I know he messed the watch up himself.
You are an absolute disgrace to the watch community. Why would “rebes” talk to me when I bought the watch from you? I still did because you insisted and he said “I don’t know what the buyer did to the watch after it was sold to him”. He ghosted me right after that just like you. I did keep you informed that I didn’t get a hold of the watch for a few days after delivery due to being out of town. You are a liar and I am sure you knew about the issue. I definitely learnt an expensive lesson. If I were you I’d take it back in a heartbeat.
Old 14 November 2020, 03:35 PM   #10
rkven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
Bold statement without any evidence. If he had a new watch unworn as stated, how would he know? Right now, it's you I would avoid based on this thread and the way you have handled this.
When you advertise something as new and unworn you certainly need to stand by it and take it back if faulty. It’s simple! Thanks.
Old 18 December 2020, 05:32 AM   #11
VirgilKane64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkven View Post
When you advertise something as new and unworn you certainly need to stand by it and take it back if faulty. It’s simple! Thanks.
I would say he should take it back if it wasn't "new and unworn." Not because it was faulty. He didn't make the watch or warranty the watch. He sold the watch. If it's defective and within the warranty parameters, have it fixed. Just my two cents.
VirgilKane64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 05:06 AM   #12
mltworldwide
2024 Pledge Member

Even if you buy a watch at an AD if it's sized and worn most will not accept a return. They will get it fixed for you. OP bought a watch from a guy on a forum at a discounted price. Even the OP did not notice a problem right away. I think OP expects too much.
mltworldwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2020, 08:22 AM   #13
waynedav
Banned

I understand you pain, but you can easily get it fixed and everyone will go home happy.
waynedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2020, 09:12 AM   #14
southtexas

Problems with a Modern omega movement? Get in line. Sorry for the troubles but luckily it’s under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2020, 05:02 AM   #15
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
OP, you probably have the watch back from Omega. Enlighten us, what was the issue, and how's the watch doing now?
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2020, 05:22 AM   #16
rkven
"TRF" Member

A part pertaining to the date was replaced. I forget what it is called. The bad part was they had it for over 2 months. Was later sold locally. Thank you all for your feedback.