The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 November 2022, 02:53 AM   #61
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I’m going to be honest. If this woman is around my age, this would come across incredibly, incredibly creepy and probably get a TikTok made about it. Just being straightforward.

Different generations perhaps and what was once endearing is no longer the case. In 2022 (again speaking for women say 25-35, Paul described her as this bracket) if she declines once, even politely, then you should probably take the hint. This is a store worker who could entirely be putting on a facade and there is no actual connection. You have to entertain that possibility, some people are just genuinely great at their job and make people feel comfortable.

Just giving another perspective here as things change every decade and what was once acceptable or even incredibly normal is no longer the case. By all means shoot your shot once but to continue on at this day and age can be truly off putting to a lot of women. I say this from experience and again being in this age bracket. Most women this age will be up front whether they are interested or not, it’s not so much a ‘game’ like yesteryears. And again, the context is key here. If it was at a local gym or some ‘neutral’ location it’s different, we’re discussing at place where she gets PAID to be nice to individuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
was thinking the same.
Ahh, the faint hearted.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2022, 03:05 AM   #62
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
Hey Paul. Her loss mate.
Absolutely! And Paul is a penny ahead
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2022, 03:07 AM   #63
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Might want to think of throwing a large rock through the store window. It may have limited success in changing her mind but might be the excuse you are looking for, for not going back without losing face. Giving the middle finger as you walk away may seem a tad over the top and possibly, bad manners but should be given some thought.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2022, 03:10 AM   #64
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
She’s playing hard to get. Keep going into Forever 21 until she says yes to a date. Humm the US Navy tune in your head and make it happen! You’re a Corvette driving Rolex wearing Tumi style travelling man — dammit!!!
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2022, 03:14 AM   #65
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post
Keep swinging the bat Paul! Eventually you will connect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hopefully he still has full realization of his left or right hand in the meantime.
JoeJoeBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2022, 03:52 AM   #66
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Might want to think of throwing a large rock through the store window. It may have limited success in changing her mind but might be the excuse you are looking for, for not going back without losing face. Giving the middle finger as you walk away may seem a tad over the top and possibly, bad manners but should be given some thought.
Nice one Dave!!...the ol' softly, softly approach!!
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2022, 03:56 AM   #67
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Paul, no harm done. You asked, she answered. Even sort of, well, that should suffice to you. There's nothing else to discuss or clarify with her on the subject matter; she would have made a move herself, if she was available. Trying to get into her mind and think for two is not only frustrating but also counterproductive. In fact cripples your chances of meeting somebody else, more deserving, who might have been looking for you like for ever.
So don't over analyze it, just move on. And while I can probably relate to how you'd prefer not to set foot into said establishment ever again, I think it would actually reflect poorly on you if you never showed up after what happened.
Old 16 November 2022, 04:26 AM   #68
OYptL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
Don't give up so easily Paul!
If you really, REALLY like her, keep at it, if she's not married, she's 'fair game'.
Women LOVE to be woo'd.
Why not write to her, that's WRITE, not email, text or 'message'...write to her, telling her exactly how you feel. Don't apologise for being you, just open your heart, tell her what you like about her, and lay your feelings out clear and precise.

You've only her to lose!

"Faint heart never won fair lady"

ps. Don't forget to put your address on the letter.....GOOD LUCK!!
With that being said, the environment we live in is totally different than it was not too long ago. The whole “no means no” and “harassment “ ideas are thrown around quite a bit these days.
OYptL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2022, 04:27 AM   #69
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
Ahh, the faint hearted.
Not at all, that’s just straight up weird. Perhaps poll a group of young ladies that exact scenario. Some would literally think you’re a stalker. I was putting it lightly before.

Huge difference between professing your love/admiration for somebody you know on a personal level and doing it in a scenario where the individual is PAID to be nice to you. This is exactly like when I was a bartender in my university days and some creepy ones would take my fellow female bartender’s niceness as flirting.

Again, shoot your shot by all means, that’s entirely reasonable…..but to consider pursuit after rejection is weird, full stop. And if this was common in your lifetime you most certainly made women uncomfortable, with or without them letting you know.

I say this as somebody not chanting womens rights and over the top with it either. It’s just about respecting people’s space and boundaries, in any scenario.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2022, 04:50 AM   #70
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYptL View Post
With that being said, the environment we live in is totally different than it was not too long ago. The whole “no means no” and “harassment “ ideas are thrown around quite a bit these days.
Nowadays novel environment notwithstanding, a "No" should always be taken literally as a "No" and the same applies for unclear answers. Once you've opened your cards, it's up to the other party to make a move. Persisting just to elicit a response could make them feel uncomfortable. And that IS harassment.
Old 16 November 2022, 05:14 AM   #71
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
With my stunning good looks, natural charisma and body of Adonis, rejection is totally alien to me.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2022, 05:30 AM   #72
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
With my stunning good looks, natural charisma and body of Adonis, rejection is totally alien to me.
This is a Rolex man.
Old 16 November 2022, 05:32 AM   #73
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
Nowadays novel environment notwithstanding, a "No" should always be taken literally as a "No" and the same applies for unclear answers. Once you've opened your cards, it's up to the other party to make a move. Persisting just to elicit a response could make them feel uncomfortable. And that IS harassment.
Disclaimer: If you’re looking for a Rolex from an AD, do the opposite. As has been the case since 2017.

Carry on.
Old 16 November 2022, 07:00 AM   #74
OYptL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
You won’t get an argument from me. My point is things used to be different.
OYptL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2022, 07:31 AM   #75
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I’m glad I’m not dating
Moi aussi!

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2022, 06:11 AM   #76
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
To those of you that said I had to go back in the store… I did, (really didn’t have a choice as I had to pick up an order), she wasn’t there. A co-worker said something about her being committed to a mental institution… Or suddenly fleeing to a South American country… something like that.

Sigh….
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2022, 07:15 AM   #77
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
To those of you that said I had to go back in the store… I did, (really didn’t have a choice as I had to pick up an order), she wasn’t there. A co-worker said something about her being committed to a mental institution… Or suddenly fleeing to a South American country… something like that.

Sigh….
Well, you obviously need a refresher on the Hot/Crazy matrix….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pInk1rV2VEg

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2022, 07:42 AM   #78
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post

Sigh….
Ordering something off of the online catalog just to do in-store pick-up and see if she's around...that's a Top Gun level move right there, Paul.
JParm is offline   Reply With Quote