The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 September 2020, 01:47 AM   #91
jamztio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandog View Post
People complaining that the new Sub lineup was underwhelming clearly dont understand Rolex Horology. There is almost never significant changes in the Submariner, the Submariner has almost always been a perfect watch so only very subtle or invisible changes are needed from time to time. If you want a new watch with an all new look go buy an Apple watch that will be obsolete and replaced in 2 years, or an Omega who pump out new dials every 4 months. Rolex did it right and has been doing things right for a long time.
Agreed 100%, my thought exactly. Rolex isn't known for big flashy changes. i myself didn't expect too much of a change other than slimmer case and updated movement.
I'm just a bit disappointed that the blue bezel Sub isn't in steel. But I guess it'll always be reserved for WG.

I was actually really surprised that they came out with those OP with stella inspired dials. Good development from Rolex to me.
jamztio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 02:24 AM   #92
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsbad69 View Post

OK boomer

New subs are awesome! Can't wait to see in person.
I’m not a boomer, I’m younger. I just expressed an opinion and you’re welcome to do the same. I’m just not a fan of the multiple colors and I only wear watches that have a date function - personal preference. If the new colors were DJ41s then I might have a different take, who knows. And I am certainly not a fan of watches being released that only a handful of people can actually get their hands on before they land in the grey market.
SFBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 02:31 AM   #93
imsayingthough
"TRF" Member

more changes then i was expecting honestly.
imsayingthough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 02:31 AM   #94
mgd55
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 16570
I’d wear a 124060. Think the changes to the proportions and movement are positive. Don’t understand why but the black dial doesn’t work when compared with the Smurf, better proportions or no. And taking away the Hulk dial is a shame too.

OP colors might be better in person but I sure don’t look at them and think “Rolex” even though I know historically they’ve had a lot of color in the lineup (it’s been a while though, so now it just seems inconsistent with the brand somehow). I doubt we’ll see many of these on wrists anyway given that I’ve spotted only one OP on a wrist anywhere (and it was a black dial)...so what I’m saying is it’s probably not important.

Not a big showing but at least I feel like I’d have to hesitate before declining to buy a new Sub (great watch, just too ubiquitous in NYC and I like other options more), which hasn’t been the case for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mgd55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:07 AM   #95
HiDive
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Seadweller50
Well then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewatchguy82 View Post
Well hell they make 100 different colors in the 40mm pro diver.
Well then never buy one again and move on to another more respectable brand. I think most of what they have done is first barely noticable, the colors are fine and the movement and lugs are vastly improved.
HiDive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:10 AM   #96
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
I think they’ve nailed the sub. Only disappointment for me is the lack of alternative colours on non date which isn’t very daring.

Re the size I reckon it’ll
Look identical in person and the 41 will be across the ‘teeth’ of the bezel which seems to overhang a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:16 AM   #97
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandog View Post
People complaining that the new Sub lineup was underwhelming clearly dont understand Rolex Horology. There is almost never significant changes in the Submariner, the Submariner has almost always been a perfect watch so only very subtle or invisible changes are needed from time to time. If you want a new watch with an all new look go buy an Apple watch that will be obsolete and replaced in 2 years, or an Omega who pump out new dials every 4 months. Rolex did it right and has been doing things right for a long time.
Agree 100%. Rolex is about perfecting and refining, not about "taking a leap". Slow and methodical, indestructible brand that commands their market. Omega would love to have Rolex's problems.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:22 AM   #98
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Good year in my humble opinion.
Old 2 September 2020, 06:15 AM   #99
bazin
"TRF" Member

9 March 2020, in respect to the Yacht Master II, I predicted the next on this forum.........

..." Generally in the future Rolex will show more diversity in color and appearance and more watches will show some kind of model name on the bezel.
Besides the new Rolex watches will show both distinguished and characteristic model accents; this will be required by the market commonly soon." .....

relevant post:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...6#post10441326
bazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 08:01 AM   #100
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Disagree op, I think they did the right thing across the board
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 11:51 AM   #101
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Disagree op, I think they did the right thing across the board
Genuinely interested to hear why you think so?
SFBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 11:58 AM   #102
JRique
"TRF" Member

If they made it in 40mm nobody would complaint its not 41, incredible how a company like rolex can mess things up.
JRique is offline   Reply With Quote