The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 August 2020, 02:16 AM   #61
Juan Luis
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Undecided
Someone correct me if I am wrong. Tudor and Rolex are two separate companies that are owned by the foundation. They do their own thing but the foundation will not permit the smaller brand from negatively affecting the top brand. That being said. A Tudor in-house movement is not a Rolex movement. Great quality is a given coming from the standards of the foundation that owns both brands.
Juan Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2020, 11:25 AM   #62
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
You are reading it wrong.

Tudor, with investors, has started up an international company to produce movements, and to provide movements, to those watch manufacturers that will fall into Swatch/ETA companies decision to stop providing movements to non-Swatch companies.

Tudor's new company is named Kenissi, and has invited investors, like Chanel, who have bought into it to ensure that they, too, will have movements available into the future.

Tudor will be moving out of the Rolex building and will construct their own watch making facilities, jointly, with their new movement making company, all on Rolex property.

So, like Rolex used their in-house movement maker Aegler to provide movements, Tudor will use their in-house movement maker Kenissi, to provide movements going into the future.

Since Tudor is Rolex, you can be sure that there will be a huge Rolex engineering influence in Kenissi movements.

Thanks flr sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2020, 11:31 AM   #63
CedCraig
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post
So my significant other is doing a paper and decided to do it on the watch industry (my influence 😂).
Will be curious to hear more about her research. She’s probably found out by now that Tudor sources cases, dials, hands, crystals, and bracelets from third-party Swiss suppliers. We already know about Kenissi making movements for Tudor and some others.

The very few articles I’ve read talk extensively about the assembly and testing that go on at the Tudor facility, but information about components sourcing is a well-guarded secret.

Will you post the paper when it’s done?

Btw the Horological Society of New York has an interesting YouTube video called “Producing a Proprietary Watch Movement, by Maria & Richard Habring.” Richard talks a lot about supply chains and how they developed their movements. Some of that might be related to what your significant other is researching.
CedCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2020, 12:31 AM   #64
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseShu View Post
Based on the BBGMT date wheel issue, they're off to a bad start.

Assuming that Kenissi is doing this GMT movement, could we possibly see GMT models for other member brands in the future?
+1

I wonder if kenissi was involved with the gmt. All new movements will have kinks to be worked out but they way Tudor has handled the issue is ridiculous.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote