The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 September 2020, 06:48 AM   #91
RUpanerai
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam Patek Rolex AP
Negative...
RUpanerai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 07:04 AM   #92
jamie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotway View Post
Just wanted to post a few pictures of the 5164 on the new 5167 RubberB strap. I know there is a small gap but it works. On the wait list for the 5164 straps for early 2021.

Attachment 1170094

Attachment 1170095

Attachment 1170096
That looks great. Weird, when I contacted them, they said it wouldn't work at all for my 5164.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2020, 12:02 AM   #93
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

Great job as always. I've had several for my 5980.
joerivers1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2020, 04:32 PM   #94
Batsu83
"TRF" Member

Green Khaki original strap looks best

If you wear a watch for this price you should wear the orginal one!

If somebody is interested I have one green Khaki left.

Regards
Batsu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 04:51 AM   #95
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
there's another alternative to rubber b. cheaper but just as good.
tempomat from madrid (https://tempomaterials.com/)
got this orange strap from my local retailer, i also got a navy blue strap but haven't installed it on my watch.
it's made for 5167 but fits 5164 too, small gap tho
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 05:52 AM   #96
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackingtime View Post
got this orange strap from my local retailer, i also got a navy blue strap but haven't installed it on my watch.
how easy was it to install? i’m still a few months out from buying a grey 5167a as i’m still saving for it in my budget and like the idea of having a navy blue strap. i think i would order it and ask the place where i buy it grey to install it. my only fear would be me handing them all that money (inflicting premium for 5167a) only for them to chip the hell out of it before i even got to wear it. or do you think i should attempt my self? I have 0 experience changing a strap and this 5167a i am going to buy would be my first patek.
Old 4 December 2020, 06:24 AM   #97
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miami View Post
how easy was it to install? i’m still a few months out from buying a grey 5167a as i’m still saving for it in my budget and like the idea of having a navy blue strap. i think i would order it and ask the place where i buy it grey to install it. my only fear would be me handing them all that money (inflicting premium for 5167a) only for them to chip the hell out of it before i even got to wear it. or do you think i should attempt my self? I have 0 experience changing a strap and this 5167a i am going to buy would be my first patek.
Its an easy job with a springbar tool (including cutting the rubber strap and mounting the deployment clasp) but I would not make my first attempt to do so on an expensive Aquanaut. You could practice on an inexpensive watch and/or give it to a good watchmaker to do it for you. I would not ask a dealer to do so unless they have a watchmaker on staff.

Great watch too, as you know. I got mine from Thanh Do (Takuya) - fine fellow and completely honest.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 06:39 AM   #98
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
Its an easy job with a springbar tool (including cutting the rubber strap and mounting the deployment clasp) but I would not make my first attempt to do so on an expensive Aquanaut. You could practice on an inexpensive watch and/or give it to a good watchmaker to do it for you. I would not ask a dealer to do so unless they have a watchmaker on staff.

Great watch too, as you know. I got mine from Thanh Do (Takuya) - fine fellow and completely honest.
i gotcha. thanks man. i think what i may do is just keep the stock strap for a bit and get a feel from dealer if/how many times they have done this? my fear is them chipping it b4 i wear it so i might just stick with black. we’ll see what happens. still have about 9-10 months to think about it.

Last edited by Mr. Miami; 4 December 2020 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: I do believe this particular dealer has a watchmaker.
Mr. Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2020, 08:28 AM   #99
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

I have a question with regards to the half links on the 5167A stainless steel bracelet. When you buy it from the AD, and the bracelet does not fit perfectly, do you have to pay for the half link (and if yes how much)? I know it needs to be ordered from Patek but who pays for it.
Thanks in advance.
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2020, 11:09 AM   #100
mdtddd2007
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, AP, GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackingtime View Post
That looks really nice...saw their website. Thanks for sharing.
mdtddd2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2020, 12:28 PM   #101
okie4455
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Casio
in my experience changing strap on the aquanaut is not the same as other pateks with traditional spring bar. would definitely recommend having ad install. I had a the 5650 blue strap installed on my 5164r and my ad wouldn't let me touch it with a 10 foot pole.
okie4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2020, 01:01 PM   #102
somthingnew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie4455 View Post
in my experience changing strap on the aquanaut is not the same as other pateks with traditional spring bar. would definitely recommend having ad install. I had a the 5650 blue strap installed on my 5164r and my ad wouldn't let me touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Not sure about other Pateks as I haven’t changed the strap on my other watch, but I did change it on my 5164. I would say it is no different than a Rolex. The metal “studs” only allow it to be pulled out in one direction but it is the same, squeeze and take out. Be careful and you will be fine. I used a Bergeon 7825. I also have a blue band to switch back and forth.
somthingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2020, 01:11 AM   #103
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Quote:
Originally Posted by somthingnew View Post
Not sure about other Pateks as I haven’t changed the strap on my other watch, but I did change it on my 5164. I would say it is no different than a Rolex. The metal “studs” only allow it to be pulled out in one direction but it is the same, squeeze and take out. Be careful and you will be fine. I used a Bergeon 7825. I also have a blue band to switch back and forth.
I use the same "tweezers" 7825 tool and have changed Aquanaut rubber straps at least a dozen times with zero problems. After experience with other watches I don't let an AD do anything on a watch (change straps, add/remove links...) unless they have a qualified watchmaker.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2020, 01:29 AM   #104
Spartan1
"TRF" Member

Although they look good, I have a hard time straying from OEM on such an expensive and elegant watch. I’m sure its just me and my OCD!
Spartan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2020, 01:13 PM   #105
seadubs
"TRF" Member

there is no oem blue option for the 5167r correct?
seadubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2020, 03:05 PM   #106
Sheldor
"TRF" Member

Yes only blue for the 5164 not 5167. My AD was able to order me one when I purchased the watch. That being said there is no green for 5164 vs one (although impossible to source) for 5167. I'm actually curious if anyone can source a red for a 5167 based on the signapore edition released last year.
Sheldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 03:37 PM   #107
edhahn44
"TRF" Member

Bump this one up.

Any recent buyers of the Tempomat strap for the 5167? Thinking about getting some but on their pictures it always looks rather crimped at the lugs. Any feedback from owners appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edhahn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2021, 09:54 PM   #108
jfriedkin
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, PP
I've have bought 3 from tempomat. LOVE em. Feels just like the Original.
jfriedkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2021, 07:16 AM   #109
MatteoG
"TRF" Member

I've been able to buy a brown one from my AD for my 5167a but no green or blue
MatteoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2021, 04:18 PM   #110
Flex368
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes!
Not a big fan of the aftermarket straps but the Tempomat blue marbella strap looks nice.
Flex368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 11:45 PM   #111
lsupcar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
The price that I giving you is in US dollar......

Not sure what the going price in Switzerland.....

Another thing I want to mention if you switch to rubber strap, you will need a matching pair of spring bars....... Which will cost $40 each......

IMHO.... I think it's best to buy the bracelet version, then you have a complete set..... Plus having the options to be able to switch around, bracelet or rubber......

Thanks for this information.
But why is it that you cannot swap the spring bars from the bracelet over to the rubber strap?

Bill Z
lsupcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 10:22 AM   #112
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsupcar View Post
Thanks for this information.
But why is it that you cannot swap the spring bars from the bracelet over to the rubber strap?

Bill Z
That because the spring bar on the bracelet version is shorter & the spring bar on the rubber strap version is longer...

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 10:53 AM   #113
lsupcar
"TRF" Member

Interesting. But the distance between the watch lugs is unchanged. It is confusing to me.
If I get multiple colored straps, can I swap bars between rubber straps? Or do they tend to get "bound up" in the rubber and better to have a set for each strap?
I acquired a bracelet version aquanaut yesterday, and ordered the black straps and clasp from the AD. Trying to plan ahead the various ways I can enjoy this watch.
Thanks for letting me know I need to add spring bars to the order list.
Bill Z
Old 26 July 2021, 02:59 PM   #114
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsupcar View Post
Interesting. But the distance between the watch lugs is unchanged. It is confusing to me.
If I get multiple colored straps, can I swap bars between rubber straps? Or do they tend to get "bound up" in the rubber and better to have a set for each strap?
I acquired a bracelet version aquanaut yesterday, and ordered the black straps and clasp from the AD. Trying to plan ahead the various ways I can enjoy this watch.
Thanks for letting me know I need to add spring bars to the order list.
Bill Z
Got nothing to do with the lugs..... The mounting position of the spring bar to the end link.... (bracelet vs rubber)

I wouldn't risk putting the bracelet version spring bar on the rubber strap... You might have a hard time switching it back.....

Once you got the rubber strap spring bar you could use it with any rubber strap such as Rubber B....... Make sure your AD order you a 5167A spring bar..... It also the same part number as 5164A

Also, I highly recommended you to buy a Bergeon 7825 spring bar tweezers....

BTW congratulations on an awesome timepiece......

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2021, 10:42 AM   #115
lsupcar
"TRF" Member

Now I understand.
Thank you for all that.
Old 26 August 2021, 12:02 PM   #116
lsupcar
"TRF" Member

Well, I now have the Bergeon tool and factory rubber strap and clasp to try a swap.
A question for those who have done this themselves. I am thinking the tight gaps of the rubber strap combined with the metal prongs on the end of the strap, may make it difficult to remove or install the strap with one hand while the other is manipulating and squeezing the spring bar without the watch head moving around and causing things to go awry..
Is it recommended to place the watch head in some sort of vise during the change? Or do you just do it free hand?
Thanks.
Old 26 August 2021, 08:36 PM   #117
jfriedkin
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, PP
The aquanaut is the WORST strap in all horology to change. I do it freehand. I have 3 extra straps (Red, Orange, Blue) along with the OEM black. I only change straps as the seasons change. Other "regular" watch I may change straps daily.....

What a pain.
jfriedkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 09:51 PM   #118
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I don’t have an aquanaut but if I did that strap would not grace it…
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2021, 04:40 AM   #119
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Not sure why the rubberB is getting some hate. Just got mine. I like it. Easy to install and fits the watch perfectly
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2021, 11:42 AM   #120
lsupcar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NardinNut View Post
Not sure why the rubberB is getting some hate. Just got mine. I like it. Easy to install and fits the watch perfectly
I'm mot hating. I think the green looks good.
Good job on the change.
Did you also do it freehand so to speak?