The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 February 2020, 01:11 AM   #1
Mr Singh
"TRF" Member

ROC 41mm Discontinued

So I have been trying to buy a 41mm Royal Oak Chronograph in Rose Gold, Ref #26331OR.OO.1220OR.01 and have contacted a number of AD’s on availability.

I have been told that this has been discontinued now by AP by two of the AD’s in London. Has anyone heard any rumours regarding this? Still showing available on the website though.

I suspect as as per Basel World 2019 where AP updated the RO movement and dials, they maybe looking to do the same for the Chronographs at Basel World 2020?

Would be good to see if anyone has any news as would prefer to wait for the newer model if they are changing it. Will also be interesting to see if they go back to single colour dials rather than the current two tone dials.
Mr Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 01:38 AM   #2
uracowman
"TRF" Member

Not surprised. I had inside word from a very reputable source about a year ago that this was coming.

The only thing that threw me off was the new 2020 AP SKU list. I took a peek at that about a month ago and the new SKUs added for the non-released watches didn't resemble an ROC SKU.

Soon to come: AP 26401 RG, AP 15202OR, Patek 3940G
uracowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 01:40 AM   #3
sdh1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 LN
Does anyone know if it is all ROC 41's or just the gold one?
Old 20 February 2020, 02:40 AM   #4
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
I just picked up the ROC in rose gold yesterday at the NYC boutique. They had both brown dial and blue in RG on strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 February 2020, 02:59 AM   #5
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
AP doesn’t attend Basel - and no longer attends SIHH.

The new releases will likely just trickle into the lineup as they are ‘ready’.

Not surprised - as we’ve been waiting for the in house - integrated Chrono movement to matriculate to the ROCs...perhaps this is the year.

RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 03:36 AM   #6
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
I knew 2020 may be the year for the new integrated chrono movements. I probably will have a bit of buyer's remorse if there is a sapphire caseback on the updated ROCs.

That said, I'm pushing the very upper limit of what I can get away with size-wise with the 26331, and the sapphire is likely to add some girth. So, I'll have to tell myself what I have is a better fit
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 03:57 AM   #7
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
I knew 2020 may be the year for the new integrated chrono movements. I probably will have a bit of buyer's remorse if there is a sapphire caseback on the updated ROCs.

That said, I'm pushing the very upper limit of what I can get away with size-wise with the 26331, and the sapphire is likely to add some girth. So, I'll have to tell myself what I have is a better fit
Just remember, whatever happens, yours will not be made anymore. Hence it suddenly becomes more special.
NYG1121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 04:16 AM   #8
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post

That's a fair point. Display caseback would be cool but I wouldn't want mine to be any thicker. Unless the new movement was slimmed down, which I understand will be hard given how low profile the current calibre is, it could end up more like a ROO size.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 20 February 2020, 09:02 AM   #9
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Now the Code is out of the way the ROC should have its long awaited day in the sun.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 10:27 PM   #10
Mr Singh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh1980 View Post
Does anyone know if it is all ROC 41's or just the gold one?
When I spoke to the AD they told me the Stainless Steel have also been discontinued.

Got to say though Bucherer concession in Selfridges London are not very helpful or knowledgeable at all. Make their own rules up and even told me I’d have to spend circa £10,000 on Bucherer watch and/or jewellery in order for them to even consider allowing me to purchase a stainless steel AP! So would avoid this AD for sure.
Old 20 February 2020, 10:39 PM   #11
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
When I spoke to the AD they told me the Stainless Steel have also been discontinued.

Got to say though Bucherer concession in Selfridges London are not very helpful or knowledgeable at all. Make their own rules up and even told me I’d have to spend circa £10,000 on Bucherer watch and/or jewellery in order for them to even consider allowing me to purchase a stainless steel AP! So would avoid this AD for sure.
AP House is only five mins walk from Selfridges, just FYI.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2020, 10:50 PM   #12
Mr Singh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
AP House is only five mins walk from Selfridges, just FYI.
Thanks, will pop in next time I venture into London :)
Old 21 February 2020, 06:30 AM   #13
UK AP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
I noted this thread last evening, as this is gonna be my next AP, I am looking at the blue dial, so was very querulous, I had to work in London today, so decided to call in to Harrods boutique and ask about it, I have a long relationship with AP and was told that there has been no information from AP head offices regarding being discontinued, or any replacement, but hey u never know😐

Thanks
UK AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2020, 09:28 AM   #14
Mr Singh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK AP View Post
I noted this thread last evening, as this is gonna be my next AP, I am looking at the blue dial, so was very querulous, I had to work in London today, so decided to call in to Harrods boutique and ask about it, I have a long relationship with AP and was told that there has been no information from AP head offices regarding being discontinued, or any replacement, but hey u never know😐

Thanks
Strange they told you that. I have a WhatsApp conversation with one of the ladies that works in there from yesterday confirming it has been discontinued. Don’t want to put a screenshot up for privacy reasons obviously
Old 21 February 2020, 03:02 PM   #15
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Strange they told you that. I have a WhatsApp conversation with one of the ladies that works in there from yesterday confirming it has been discontinued. Don’t want to put a screenshot up for privacy reasons obviously
I would believe a boutique over an AD.
fullofboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2020, 06:06 PM   #16
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIII View Post
AP doesn’t attend Basel - and no longer attends SIHH.

The new releases will likely just trickle into the lineup as they are ‘ready’.
Why wouldn't we simply assume they'll do their own big bang event?

Those types of events really work, in my opinion. Many collectors (myself included) like to plan accordingly. Trickles are tough to keep track of.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2020, 08:16 AM   #17
Mr Singh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofboats View Post
I would believe a boutique over an AD.
From what I understood the concession in Harrods is an AP boutique. Happy to stand corrected, but they hold the blue dial pieces which, apparently, only boutiques stock
Old 22 February 2020, 09:12 AM   #18
dr3ziz
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I just got my ROC from Harrods a couple of weeks ago , had quite a lengthy discussion they did not mention that there is any change in the model this year

dr3ziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2020, 10:24 AM   #19
Covello
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, IWC, No
I'm pretty sure I saw at 41mm rose gold in a case at the Beverly Hills boutique today.
Covello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2020, 11:05 AM   #20
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
I'm really curious how they are going to fit the inhouse chrono while not compromising the thinness of the ROC. It will be good if they can mod/improve the movement to make it thinner.
Old 22 February 2020, 04:51 PM   #21
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam. There was a lengthy thread a few months back started by a member was has since been banned. Literally no one was able to verify that OP’s rumour with several TRF members checking with their boutiques etc.

AP will at some point update their ROC with the in-house movement, but when exactly is anyone’s guess.

fullofboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 02:57 AM   #22
uracowman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofboats View Post
This topic has been discussed ad nauseam. There was a lengthy thread a few months back started by a member was has since been banned. Literally no one was able to verify that OP’s rumour with several TRF members checking with their boutiques etc.

AP will at some point update their ROC with the in-house movement, but when exactly is anyone’s guess.

The only thing I'll say here is the source who provided me the information a while back is well regarded in the industry and speaks to Francois on a semi-regular basis. He/she wouldn't lie to me about this.

My last conversation with this person backs up the OP's claim but the only counter I'll say here is the 2020 AP reference list that was released for this year. I didn't see a new ROC chrono looking reference on there, so it's a toss up for now.

Soon to come: AP 26401 RG, AP 15202OR, Patek 3940G
uracowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 05:50 AM   #23
Xerxes77
Banned

My AD don’t tell me this but it’s possible.
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audemars piguet , roc , roc royal oak chronograph , rose gold