The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 2 April 2020, 02:22 PM   #31
hrm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Troy242 View Post
Again, good decision sir. This thing looks ridiculously good when the sun is out ..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thats the best picture I've seen of the dial. Looks amazing.
hrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 05:20 PM   #32
ocN55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage
blue panda, no comparison imo
ocN55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 08:06 AM   #33
trojanrolex
"TRF" Member

I just sized my bracelet and only had to remove one link. I don't have large wrists.

Do Audemars come with short bracelets? Does the 26315ST in general come with shorter bracelets?
Old 4 April 2020, 08:24 AM   #34
hrm
"TRF" Member

Has anyone added the leather strap to their 26315?
hrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 10:47 AM   #35
gejay99
"TRF" Member

I'll take any, love me some Royal Oaks.
gejay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 09:09 PM   #36
MF_FM
"TRF" Member

got a call from my local AD a couple days ago, they got a 26331 panda and a 26315 grey in stock (was hoping for a blue dial 26331, or a panda 26315), oh well, I went ahead to visit the shop today

I got mine first AP and first luxury watch today with the grey dial, originally I was opting for a panda dial, but then when I saw the grey dial in person today, it looks amazingly good, in any lighting, especially after I got it and seeing it in sun light, the grey dial is truly amazing in person, picture can not justify the beauty of the dial, the AP dealer also had a 26331 white/black panda, tried it on, a bit too big for my 150mm wrist, the 38mm 26315 sits just right and perfect (removed 3 links for me)

can’t go wrong with either 26315 panda or grey dial, like one of the member said above, the grey is timeless, very versatile, low key, the panda dial looks great no doubts about that, and you can see it far away, the grey dial is something very different, it is a piece where you have to see it in person to appreciate the look.
MF_FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 11:48 PM   #37
MF_FM
"TRF" Member

here some pictures

(since i had only 1 post on this forum, i can't post any link, you guys can copy and paste to see the pictures, sorry for the trouble

imgur com/QxAb9LH

imgur com/hlAYUMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_FM View Post
got a call from my local AD a couple days ago, they got a 26331 panda and a 26315 grey in stock (was hoping for a blue dial 26331, or a panda 26315), oh well, I went ahead to visit the shop today

I got mine first AP and first luxury watch today with the grey dial, originally I was opting for a panda dial, but then when I saw the grey dial in person today, it looks amazingly good, in any lighting, especially after I got it and seeing it in sun light, the grey dial is truly amazing in person, picture can not justify the beauty of the dial, the AP dealer also had a 26331 white/black panda, tried it on, a bit too big for my 150mm wrist, the 38mm 26315 sits just right and perfect (removed 3 links for me)

can’t go wrong with either 26315 panda or grey dial, like one of the member said above, the grey is timeless, very versatile, low key, the panda dial looks great no doubts about that, and you can see it far away, the grey dial is something very different, it is a piece where you have to see it in person to appreciate the look.
MF_FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 12:52 AM   #38
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_FM View Post
here some pictures

(since i had only 1 post on this forum, i can't post any link, you guys can copy and paste to see the pictures, sorry for the trouble

imgur com/QxAb9LH

imgur com/hlAYUMR

Wow looks great on you - congrats and wear in good health

HYG; Your pics attached

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 03:02 PM   #39
Oneallen
"TRF" Member

I like the grey in long term. Can’t go wrong with either though.
Oneallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 05:40 AM   #40
ca2021
"TRF" Member

I'm having the same debate as well, was offered an allocation of my choice for early next year. I already have a blue jumbo and white panda daytona, the ruthenium is very different from these and beautiful, the panda is striking as well.

My SA and the boutique manager are guiding towards the ruthenium. They both independently mentioned that they feel that the ROC ruthenium dial is different than anything else AP has produced and also much more versatile. Both said that they didn't understand the panda craze and that they have had clients inquire about panda to ruthenium dial swaps. My wife thinks the ruthenium looks "richer" and will better transition from casual to business attire.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
ca2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 08:07 AM   #41
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Have the blue panda and have seen the grey several times. Nothing beats the silvery white dial against the blue subdials. Arguably the best combo of colors on the ROC. Grey pops in certain lights but under many lights looks a bit washed out/too monochromatic IMO. But you can’t go wrong!
Old 11 December 2021, 09:05 AM   #42
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Definitely panda. The contrast is amazing. Surprised so many here prefer the grey.
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 01:01 PM   #43
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2021 View Post
I'm having the same debate as well, was offered an allocation of my choice for early next year. I already have a blue jumbo and white panda daytona, the ruthenium is very different from these and beautiful, the panda is striking as well.

My SA and the boutique manager are guiding towards the ruthenium. They both independently mentioned that they feel that the ROC ruthenium dial is different than anything else AP has produced and also much more versatile. Both said that they didn't understand the panda craze and that they have had clients inquire about panda to ruthenium dial swaps. My wife thinks the ruthenium looks "richer" and will better transition from casual to business attire.

You take the grey, and please tell your SA to pass the blue panda on to me
The blue panda is at the top of my wish list with my boutique, they mentioned to me I wouldn't likely get one til 2023 or later.
Really can't go wrong with either. I also have the same 116500LN and do personally love those sharp color contrasts that pandas give, while the grey is very elegant and refined. Enjoy it either way (and seriously, If they do want to pass the panda along I would be very keen to buy it)
Zazzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 06:54 PM   #44
Noak
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Panda offers much better contrast, looks stunning and wears slightly larger than the grey, visually. Sometimes when an SA offers you a certain dial color and says it suits you, it may not be in your best interest, so it’s better that you be the judge of that. Grey is also less popular and more readily available, maybe there is a reason for that.

I like the 26315ST panda a lot, actually more so than Daytona’s panda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Noak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 07:47 PM   #45
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Isn’t the white blue subdial a boutique only edition?
felfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 10:37 PM   #46
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by felfyre View Post
Isn’t the white blue subdial a boutique only edition?
Yes, it is a boutique only edition, and long-term this is the one that has been a) harder to get and b) appreciated/moved more on the secondary market.

That said, both 38mm iterations are awesome.
Old 13 December 2021, 11:38 PM   #47
pjm1289
"TRF" Member

I love my 26315 grey. I tried on the panda 26331 black dial at the boutique when I went to inquire about purchasing a piece, and it was nice to look at, but my personal style is more suited to monotone. In any case, I recently saw the 26315 panda at a watch meet up... I can see why people love it, though if I had it, I could see myself growing out of it.
pjm1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 01:28 PM   #48
ca2021
"TRF" Member

Both are boutique only.
Old 23 December 2021, 01:44 PM   #49
7sins
"TRF" Member

My vote is for the grey dial, tried on a friend's recently and absolutely loved it, the dial is amazing in person!

Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 02:23 PM   #50
ca2021
"TRF" Member

I ended up requesting the blue panda and received the call earlier this week on the arrival of my allocation. I was able to see both the blue panda and ruthenium (marketing piece) side by side at the boutique and decided to pass on the blue panda and wait for a ruthenium allocation next year.

Both pieces are beautiful and after seeing them side by side in the flesh, I felt the ruthenium was just visually striking and pictures did not do it justice. The blue panda was very nice as well but not the stunner I was expecting though it does photograph very well. They both also had a very different feel to them on the wrist, the blue panda was very ROC and sporty while the ruthenium wore more like a classic RO.

Also, while trying them both on I felt that the blue panda dial was visually smaller due to the blue chapter ring and its reflection in the mirror polished rehaut. The ruthenium had the complete opposite effect due to the silver chapter ring blending into the rehaut and expanding the dial presence. The overall case wore perfectly in my opinion and was very similar to the jumbo.

I suppose I may have been a bit biased going into this as I had originally requested a 26317BC which is also monotone. As I wasn't allocated my desired piece, I was allocated a 26239BC which is beautiful but the frosted gold was a bit to flashy for my tastes and therefore declined.

I appreciate all the thoughts and it is nice to be in the company of other enthusiasts.
Old 23 December 2021, 10:02 PM   #51
only1swami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I ended up requesting the blue panda and received the call earlier this week on the arrival of my allocation. I was able to see both the blue panda and ruthenium (marketing piece) side by side at the boutique and decided to pass on the blue panda and wait for a ruthenium allocation next year.

Both pieces are beautiful and after seeing them side by side in the flesh, I felt the ruthenium was just visually striking and pictures did not do it justice. The blue panda was very nice as well but not the stunner I was expecting though it does photograph very well. They both also had a very different feel to them on the wrist, the blue panda was very ROC and sporty while the ruthenium wore more like a classic RO.

Also, while trying them both on I felt that the blue panda dial was visually smaller due to the blue chapter ring and its reflection in the mirror polished rehaut. The ruthenium had the complete opposite effect due to the silver chapter ring blending into the rehaut and expanding the dial presence. The overall case wore perfectly in my opinion and was very similar to the jumbo.

I suppose I may have been a bit biased going into this as I had originally requested a 26317BC which is also monotone. As I wasn't allocated my desired piece, I was allocated a 26239BC which is beautiful but the frosted gold was a bit to flashy for my tastes and therefore declined.

I appreciate all the thoughts and it is nice to be in the company of other enthusiasts.
how long between request and getting the call? did you have a history?
only1swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 10:03 PM   #52
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
I prefer the white dial but I doubt I will ever get one from AP Boutique.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 02:53 AM   #53
7sins
"TRF" Member

I will say at 38MM ROC this should be on the radar too
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
Old 24 December 2021, 05:46 AM   #54
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
I will say at 38MM ROC this should be on the radar too
Very nice. Not quite as mind-blowing as I had expected when we tried it, but worth the price of admission (and no, this one wasn't for sale, I asked. They kept it around for a number of months as a demo piece )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26315_Ice.jpg (153.3 KB, 174 views)
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2021, 08:35 AM   #55
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Very nice. Not quite as mind-blowing as I had expected when we tried it, but worth the price of admission (and no, this one wasn't for sale, I asked. They kept it around for a number of months as a demo piece )
Would love to hear your thoughts as why it wasn't as mind-blowing? I have yet to see it in person
Old 24 December 2021, 01:25 PM   #56
ca2021
"TRF" Member

Yes, have significant history. I originally requested an allocation for the 26317BC above, given that it is a limited piece all allocations were already done by the time I made my request.
Old 24 December 2021, 01:36 PM   #57
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

All day every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24 December 2021, 02:42 PM   #58
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Would love to hear your thoughts as why it wasn't as mind-blowing? I have yet to see it in person
It just seemed the ice blue wasn't quite as interesting in real life under the boutique lighting as it appears in pictures, even my crappy cell phone pic attached above. One of the rare APs that may look better in pictures than in real life (but that's all relative. I would have bought it on the spot, had it been for sale - yet I didn't have to cry myself to sleep that evening when it wasn't).
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26315 , 26315st , 38mm , panda , roc