The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 September 2020, 01:27 PM   #1
djyolky
Banned

PAM01351 - possible first Panerai

Hi all.. I went into the boutique today and tried on a variety of 44mm. watches. Luckily the Carbotech 1616 don't sing to me, but I found I loved the PAM01351.

It felt extremely comfortable/balanced and somewhat light, but still had that substantial, solid feel.

I understand some don't like the blue seconds hand but I things it looks quite nice. Is this a good reference for my first (and probably only) Panerai?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 05:25 PM   #2
Crashblue
"TRF" Member

Todays first and only Panerais for me are the simple 8 day movement models from the Luminor or Radimor series except the ones with fake brown patina lume.

The 1616 isn´t a first and only Panerai model, MAYBE if you have 5+ watches from other brands which aren´t so specific.
Crashblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:22 AM   #3
Mobert19
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashblue View Post
Todays first and only Panerais for me are the simple 8 day movement models from the Luminor or Radimor series except the ones with fake brown patina lume.

The 1616 isn´t a first and only Panerai model, MAYBE if you have 5+ watches from other brands which aren´t so specific.
Most of the 8 days have the fake patina so not much choice there
Mobert19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 11:44 AM   #4
djyolky
Banned

I'm now reconsidering. One of the things I like about Panerai is the ability to change straps so easily for different looks. Having all brown dial really limits the color options for straps.

The PAM 1313 (blue face with white numbers), or the 1312 (black face). I'm not a fan of either the blue or black leather straps they come with, but I could've find many other beautiful straps to throw in either of those.

Any comments for or against either the 1313, or 1312?

Old 10 September 2020, 12:08 AM   #5
L_S_SHOE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN, 16800
I have a 351 and I don’t really think the tobacco dial prevents you from going with black or grey straps. Similarly, you’ll find people wearing black-dialed PAMs and submariners on brown leather not infrequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
L_S_SHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 12:11 AM   #6
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_S_SHOE View Post
I have a 351 and I don’t really think the tobacco dial prevents you from going with black or grey straps. Similarly, you’ll find people wearing black-dialed PAMs and submariners on brown leather not infrequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks dude!

Old 12 September 2020, 06:21 AM   #7
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by djyolky View Post
I'm now reconsidering. One of the things I like about Panerai is the ability to change straps so easily for different looks. Having all brown dial really limits the color options for straps.
i wear all kinds and colors of straps on my 232, which has a tobacco dial. amazing

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2020, 09:18 AM   #8
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcourt View Post
i wear all kinds and colors of straps on my 232, which has a tobacco dial. amazing
I appreciate your feedback, thanks.

Old 18 September 2020, 12:07 PM   #9
demarcom
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai
Quote:

The PAM 1313 (blue face with white numbers), or the 1312 (black face). I'm not a fan of either the blue or black leather straps they come with, but I could've find many other beautiful straps to throw in either of those.

I have a 1312 and love it 17-17.5cm wrist.. it have a 3rd party strap that is Amaretto in color. I plan to put a deposit to purchase the 1313 this week. So they are both my favorite PAMs. Check out Iris Thomas Handmade on Etsy. amazing straps, and after I got the one for the PAM and bought one for my Bronze Tudor BB. Going with a blue strap from Thomas on the 1313. Stock blue Alligator strap doesnt do it for me.
demarcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 12:17 PM   #10
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demarcom View Post
I have a 1312 and love it 17-17.5cm wrist.. it have a 3rd party strap that is Amaretto in color. I plan to put a deposit to purchase the 1313 this week. So they are both my favorite PAMs. Check out Iris Thomas Handmade on Etsy. amazing straps, and after I got the one for the PAM and bought one for my Bronze Tudor BB. Going with a blue strap from Thomas on the 1313. Stock blue Alligator strap doesnt do it for me.
Thank you for the recommendation. Those straps looks quite nice. They aren't overly thick?

Old 21 September 2020, 09:37 AM   #11
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:

I have the exact same hesitation about the 1351. If anyone has pictures of one on different color straps I’d love to see them. I have a hard time imagining any other strap color going well with that dial. I looked at a blue strap in the boutique to match the second hand but it just didn’t work for me.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 03:39 PM   #12
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
I have the exact same hesitation about the 1351. If anyone has pictures of one on different color straps I’d love to see them. I have a hard time imagining any other strap color going well with that dial. I looked at a blue strap in the boutique to match the second hand but it just didn’t work for me.
I've decided to go with the 1312. Black dial and stainless steel. It should be here a week from now, super stoked.

Old 21 September 2020, 10:35 PM   #13
demarcom
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai
Quote:
Thank you for the recommendation. Those straps looks quite nice. They aren't overly thick?

No, I think they are perfect thickness. super soft too. Much better than and OEM Panerai strap, which are very stiff.
demarcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 08:32 PM   #14
johnlcp
"TRF" Member

Quote:

i have the 1313. I wear the 1313 more than my rolex and AP nowadays. 44mm is comfortable to wear on my 16cm wrist, it is a bit heavier than i expected but I really happy with the decision. I like the blue dial and the white hands, lume.
johnlcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 11:40 PM   #15
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlcp View Post
i have the 1313. I wear the 1313 more than my rolex and AP nowadays. 44mm is comfortable to wear on my 16cm wrist, it is a bit heavier than i expected but I really happy with the decision. I like the blue dial and the white hands, lume.
That blue dial is very nice indeed. I ended up going with the black dial 1312. Now I just have to patiently wait for the shipping.

I'm looking at straps now. I really like the look of the Deluca leather strap, in particular, the vintage Swiss ammo strap. https://www.dalucastraps.com/product...tch-Strap.html

Also looking at some straps by Wotancraft https://www.wotancraft.tw/product/01-02-01-51

I'm open to anyone's strap recommendations as well, let the games begin!