The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 June 2019, 10:53 AM   #1
42itus
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
42itus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Real Name: Thomas
Location: Honolulu
Watch: 116519LN
Posts: 1,310
Watch Holder Base Thingy

This thread about tightening screws made me think about something I saw at my Omega Boutique when he was sizing my bracelet. I normally do it myself but this one has the screws and pins so I didn't want to hassle with the tiny screw heads. And it's always fun to go there and have a drink.

Anyway, does anyone know what that round base is that holds the bracelet on it's side? It's a white plastic base that looks like a potato slicer for lack of better term. It's basically a grid that allows you to rest the watch on it's side while you unscrew it. Not particularly useful but can come in hand if the screw is difficult to remove.

Anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about?
42itus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 11:30 AM   #2
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member
 
RJRJRJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,600
https://www.esslinger.com/watch-brac...-link-remover/
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 11:33 AM   #3
Greg 59
"TRF" Member
 
Greg 59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
This thread about tightening screws made me think about something I saw at my Omega Boutique when he was sizing my bracelet. I normally do it myself but this one has the screws and pins so I didn't want to hassle with the tiny screw heads. And it's always fun to go there and have a drink.



Anyway, does anyone know what that round base is that holds the bracelet on it's side? It's a white plastic base that looks like a potato slicer for lack of better term. It's basically a grid that allows you to rest the watch on it's side while you unscrew it. Not particularly useful but can come in hand if the screw is difficult to remove.



Anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about?
Do you mean this?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Greg 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 11:33 AM   #4
42itus
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
42itus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Real Name: Thomas
Location: Honolulu
Watch: 116519LN
Posts: 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Thanks!
42itus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 11:34 AM   #5
42itus
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
42itus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Real Name: Thomas
Location: Honolulu
Watch: 116519LN
Posts: 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregShakeshaft View Post
Do you mean this?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yes. Thanks!
42itus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright 2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.