The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 24 April 2009, 08:43 AM   #1
3 Rings

Watch: Bluesy Sub, EXP II
Why am I not able to access...

the for sale forum? I am trying to get in touch with the guy selling the Explorer II in MD/DC!! What gives?
3 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 08:45 AM   #2
AIKO
"TRF" Member

You need a minimum number of posts here first. I think 15. Participate a bit more and you should be OK.
AIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 08:48 AM   #3
3 Rings

Ah....gotcha. I keep forgetting that, though I've been reading this forum for a couple years, I just started posting. Thanks.
Old 24 April 2009, 08:50 AM   #4
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
READ THE RULES!!

Rule # 1 reads:

"A member must have a minimum of 15 posts and have been a member of TRF for at least 15 days before being allowed to post on the Sale Board."

Rule #3 reads:

"All negotiations relating to the sale and purchase of the watch should be conducted through PMs or e-mail. DO NOT CONDUCT PRICE NEGOTIATIONS IN THE OPEN."

Are we clear about this now?

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 08:53 AM   #5
Chris B
"TRF" Member

Like most things, when in doubt read the rules / instructions

Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 08:55 AM   #6
3 Rings

Wow....well....I don't recall saying anything about negotiating a price in the open..I needed to tell him that I was getting a busy signal when I called the number in his post...but hey, yeah, if you can sleep better at night talking to people like this...then yeah, we're clear.

Wow again.
Old 24 April 2009, 08:57 AM   #7
jbird257

could have handled that better
jbird257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 09:00 AM   #8
rmcarlton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird257 View Post
could have handled that better
Mighty harsh on the fella don't you think.
rmcarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 09:02 AM   #9
RKA
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Pepsi - Sub
I agree the bold print was more than a little over the top for that question. Kind of a surprise to me after reading this site for over a year.
RKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 09:48 AM   #10
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKA View Post
I agree the bold print was more than a little over the top for that question. Kind of a surprise to me after reading this site for over a year.
The thing about it is this Keith. The FS section is where we have the most problems. Even after posting the rules in two stickies at the top of the FS section, we get questions like this all of the time.

We also get members who can get upset and say it's unfair when we pull their ad because they fail to post a picture or a price with their ad.

Beleive it or not, it happens on a daily basis. It's why we restricted access there. It's also why we do't allow any posts there.
Old 24 April 2009, 10:00 AM   #11
jbird257

see that was handled nicely
Old 24 April 2009, 10:01 AM   #12
3 Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
The thing about it is this Keith. The FS section is where we have the most problems. Even after posting the rules in two stickies at the top of the FS section, we get questions like this all of the time.

We also get members who can get upset and say it's unfair when we pull their ad because they fail to post a picture or a price with their ad.

Beleive it or not, it happens on a daily basis. It's why we restricted access there. It's also why we do't allow any posts there.
Well..if you note a little further up in the thread I noted that I had forgotten the 15 post rule because I have been sniffing around here for so long. The other issue was inferred by your colleague who presumed a little too much. It would have been easier if one of you would just say there was an overreaction. I suspect thats going to be a little too much to ask..
Old 24 April 2009, 10:02 AM   #13
3 Rings

OK...sorry...that was mean....I'm done. I'm going to post my 15 posts tonight and hopefully buy myself a EII.
Old 24 April 2009, 10:36 AM   #14
jbird257

Much better
Old 24 April 2009, 10:39 AM   #15
jbird257

I just read this whole thing again, 3 rings i was not talking about you, rockrolex was totaly out of line you shoulnt be apoligizing
Old 24 April 2009, 11:14 AM   #16
respect
Banned

in the immortal words of Stephanie Tanner, "How rude!"
respect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 11:23 AM   #17
RKA
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Pepsi - Sub
I guess I just expected a less blasting response to a new poster. I was also somewhat taken back by Rockrolex refering to his real name as "God". I have been treated so well here in the past year. I ask alot of what I am sure must be simple questions to some of you with much more Rolex history. I have been treated with respect and what I am sure is patience. I was just surprised at the response to a member with 12 post at the time.
RKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 11:55 AM   #18
Dr.B
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS White Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex View Post
READ THE RULES!!

Rule # 1 reads:

"A member must have a minimum of 15 posts and have been a member of TRF for at least 15 days before being allowed to post on the Sale Board."

Rule #3 reads:

"All negotiations relating to the sale and purchase of the watch should be conducted through PMs or e-mail. DO NOT CONDUCT PRICE NEGOTIATIONS IN THE OPEN."

Are we clear about this now?

Easy bro.....
We sometimes miss the obvious.....
......and what's up with your name being "GOD".....

The English word for “God” has become a source of confusion for Christians since at least the Anglo-Saxon era.

GOD - The English word God is identical with the Anglo-Saxon word for “good,” and therefore it is believed that the name God refers to the divine goodness.

Word origin: God - Our word god goes back via Germanic to Indo-European, in which a corresponding ancestor form meant “invoked one.” The word’s only surviving non-Germanic relative is Sanskrit hu, invoke the gods, a form which appears in the Rig Veda, most ancient of Hindu scriptures: puru-hutas, “much invoked,” epithet of the rain-and-thunder god Indra.

Now if the sources noted above are accurate, then the word that we use for the Supreme Being, God, comes from a very pagan origin. Thus the word god is used generically by many different religions to refer to their deity or “invoked one.”

I could go on......but in short....sorry brother...you ain't God...
However, if you were spanish, and your name was "Jesus"......oh hell lets not start this again.......
Dr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 12:02 PM   #19
criggs19
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
I just love Internet tough guys.
criggs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 12:02 PM   #20
Alan111
"TRF" Member

Chil-out "God" ... Give the new guy a break.. we've all been there
Alan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 12:07 PM   #21
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
See how nice we are here.......

On other forums, most of these posts, where you air your true feelings and opinions, would have been deleted , or the members banned, or both...

But we are more civilized............... A kinder, gentler forum..

Everybody feel better ????

Here....these should help.........

The OP could have pm'd the seller at any time....he doesn't have to wait.. My goodness......that might be in the board stickys too......
Old 24 April 2009, 12:10 PM   #22
Dr.B
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS White Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.B View Post
Easy bro.....
We sometimes miss the obvious.....
......and what's up with your name being "GOD".....

The English word for “God” has become a source of confusion for Christians since at least the Anglo-Saxon era.

GOD - The English word God is identical with the Anglo-Saxon word for “good,” and therefore it is believed that the name God refers to the divine goodness.

Word origin: God - Our word god goes back via Germanic to Indo-European, in which a corresponding ancestor form meant “invoked one.” The word’s only surviving non-Germanic relative is Sanskrit hu, invoke the gods, a form which appears in the Rig Veda, most ancient of Hindu scriptures: puru-hutas, “much invoked,” epithet of the rain-and-thunder god Indra.

Now if the sources noted above are accurate, then the word that we use for the Supreme Being, God, comes from a very pagan origin. Thus the word god is used generically by many different religions to refer to their deity or “invoked one.”

I could go on......but in short....sorry brother...you ain't God...
However, if you were spanish, and your name was "Jesus"......oh hell lets not start this again.......
Sorry, I'm on my third glass of wine...
Dr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2009, 01:22 PM   #23
vh_bu98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum YM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
The OP could have pm'd the seller at any time....he doesn't have to wait.. My goodness......that might be in the board stickys too......
That would be true if we assume that the OP knew how to PM. I sent a PM to another user on here about a year ago. That user just replied to me recently stating that he just figure out the PM system.

I used to be a moderator myself back in the BBS days with Fido-net, so I can understand the frustration when people don't follow the rules. But being in IT where I deal with end users on a daily basis, I also know that not everyone is tech savvy either.

A moderator should be patient and try to be helpful and explain things in a calm and professional manner.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
vh_bu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2009, 12:01 AM   #24
Hamish
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5575
God,

I am now an Atheist….
Hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2009, 12:42 AM   #25
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

I can totally empathise with Ed.

When you get the same daft question for the ten thousandth time it does get the mojo flowing a bit.

I also note that it was posted in the incorrect forum anyway.
Old 25 April 2009, 01:28 AM   #26
Rolex116520
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona & Deepsea
Jesus !!! I really thought this was a cool forum with friendly and helpful people . I shall now read all rules and regulations before ever posting anything again . You never know , I do not want a run in with the almighty ones ...
The poor guy was only trying to get his hands on a nice Rolex , I presume that is one of the reasons this forum exists .
He nearly got crucified and excommunicated .
Rolex116520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2009, 01:31 AM   #27
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex116520 View Post
Jesus !!! I really thought this was a cool forum with friendly and helpful people . I shall now read all rules and regulations before ever posting anything again . You never know , I do not want a run in with the almighty ones ...
The poor guy was only trying to get his hands on a nice Rolex , I presume that is one of the reasons this forum exists .
He nearly got crucified and excommunicated .
That's very kind of you.
Old 25 April 2009, 10:39 AM   #28
dkpw
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 & 214270
Like Vu - I'm in IT. Like the Mods, it's only natural to stray from one's normal compassionate, patient self when users fail to follow simple instructions, use elementary logic or innate common-sense. With that in mind, here are some rules I would like to send to my users - but can't summon the courage - maybe on my last day...

1. When you call us to have your computer either moved or serviced, please be sure to leave it buried under half-a-ton of postcards, baby pictures, stuffed animals, boxes, smelly shoes and childrens’ art. We don’t have a life, and therefore find it deeply moving to live vicariously by being privileged to catch a fleeting glimpse of yours.

2. When your computer shows you an error message - DO NOT TAKE A NOTE OF IT EVER. We like to play guessing games.

3. When we say we’ll be there immediately - do not believe us. Leave your desk, go to that meeting or have a coffee. We also like to play guess the screen saver password. Especially when the screen saver is one you downloaded from freescreensaversandviruses.com and installed without our say so, in contravention of the IT security policy.

4. When I.T. sends out an E-Mail marked High Importance, DO NOT READ IT! DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY! We were just testing the mail systems and practising our typing.

5. When you send urgent e-mail to IT informing us of a problem, please ensure you type it all in UPPERCASE. It is a little know fact that the mail server has been configured to send such items ahead of lower case mail. It’s also easier on the eye, for those of us who stare at monitors all our waking hours.

6. Please wait until the lunch hour to finish your work and then call IT with that problem you have been waiting for a convenient moment to discuss with us. We exist only to serve. Food is bad.

7. When anything with a plug on it stops working please call us. We know everything.

8. Number 7 also applies when you are at home.

9. Numbers 7 & 8 also applies to all your friends and relatives. We have plenty of time and like to travel.

10. When the printer won’t print, send the job another 20 times. Print jobs frequently get sucked into black-holes.

11. After that print job still has not come out, send it to all the other printers in the company. One of them is bound to get through.

12. Don’t attempt to learn the technical name for anything. We know exactly what you mean when you say: ‘My thingy blew up’

13. Don’t use on-line help to try and figure out anything on your own. We enjoy it when you misuse terms. IT is a different language and your attempts to speak it only serve to lower your esteem in our eyes.

14. When the space bar on you keyboard does not work any more, blame it on the recent mail upgrade. Keyboards were designed to work with muffin crumbs, nail clippings and ½ a cup of coffee in them.

15. When you see a message saying ‘Are you sure’? click the ‘Yes’ button as fast as possible.

16. When you see us on the phone on a private call, please sit down at the corner of our desk and stare at us until we hang up. We don’t have private lives – we exist to serve.

17. Feel free to make statements like: ‘I don’t know anything about that stupid computer crap!’ We love to hear our particular area of professional expertise referred to as ‘Stupid Crap’.

18. When it is time to change the toner cartridge on your printer, call us. Changing toner can be an extremely complex task. Hewlett-Packard actually recommends that it be performed only by a professional engineer with at least a masters degree in Nuclear Physics.

19. If you are senior management, when something is wrong with your computer, have your assistant call us. We enjoy getting details from a third party who has no idea what the original problem was.

20. When you receive a 30MB MPEG file, send it to everyone you know as a mail attachment. We have bandwidth to spare and plenty of hard drive space, too. Feel satisfied you have shared.

21. When you bump into us at the shops, feel free to ask questions about the problems you are having with your personal system at home. We really don’t have a life outside of the office. We exist to serve.

22. Don’t bother to tell us when you move computers on your own. Computer names and inventory lists are mere inconveniences.

23. When you do bring your personal machine from home in for us to look at in our ’spare time’, leave all documentation and driver disks at home. We have everything for every possible configuration here at the office.

24. When your friend gives you a bootleg copy of the latest video game and says: ‘Be Careful, I think it has a virus on it.” Bring it to work to test. We have flawless virus protection and software licenses mean nothing.

25. Don’t worry that sharing your iTunes collection over the network will slow down the real work going on in the office. We have gigabits of bandwidth to spare – especially for the wireless users. Once again copyright is just a word.

I could go on and on but what would be the point? Nobody ever listens.

David
dkpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2009, 02:37 PM   #29
USP45Tim
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570T
Good stuff to know.
USP45Tim is offline   Reply With Quote