The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 January 2022, 12:27 PM   #1
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Icon5 Help Buying Jubilee Bracelet (Batman to Batgirl)

Got the call from my AD and picked up the Batman. I inquired about purchasing a Jubiliee bracelet as well so I could have both, but was told I would have to give up my Oyster bracelet (and pay the 2.5K USD for the jubilee)

Any advice? Ideally I'd like to keep both Oyster and Jubiliee for versatility but I would be open to a bracelet swap.
ToDie4Rolexes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 05:55 PM   #2
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Ill gladly swap my jubilee for your oyster
Old 24 January 2022, 12:53 AM   #3
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Old 24 January 2022, 12:54 AM   #4
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macnavara View Post
Ill gladly swap my jubilee for your oyster
Old 24 January 2022, 07:47 AM   #5
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToDie4Rolexes View Post
Good point ….just saying
Old 24 January 2022, 07:52 AM   #6
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
You can buy extra bracelet without giving your bracelet back to them later in the near future.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 07:55 AM   #7
Feb_29
"TRF" Member

So, Rolex will sell you jubilee for $2.5K and confiscate your oyster that you already payed for? How is that possible???
Feb_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 08:28 AM   #8
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
You can buy extra bracelet without giving your bracelet back to them later in the near future.
That's what I am trying to do. AD told me I need to give back the Oyster bracelet that came with my Batman.
Old 24 January 2022, 08:28 AM   #9
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feb_29 View Post
So, Rolex will sell you jubilee for $2.5K and confiscate your oyster that you already payed for? How is that possible???
Insane right? I was appalled when they told me that.
Old 24 January 2022, 08:51 AM   #10
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's what I am trying to do. AD told me I need to give back the Oyster bracelet that came with my Batman.
My AD said same thing I asked last week……exchange basis only
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 08:59 AM   #11
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
My AD said same thing I asked last week……exchange basis only
Ridiculous
Old 24 January 2022, 09:01 AM   #12
WatchesNBlondes
Banned

I think you have to wait a full year and then you can buy the bracelet.
WatchesNBlondes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 09:04 AM   #13
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchesNBlondes View Post
I think you have to wait a full year and then you can buy the bracelet.
Not according to this poster if you have an Oyster and want to buy the Jubilee. He said you only have to wait if you have Jubilee and want an Oyster. But it's probably YMMV depending on location and AD.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...94&postcount=2

Yes, $2100 + tax

Availability:
1. The oyster option is still within the 12 months lock-up period, which means that as it hasn't gone 12 months since its release, the system only allows for replacement.

2. If your 126710 came on jubilee, you can't add the oyster yet without returning your jubilee (but you will be able to once it has been out more than a year).

3. If your 126710 came on oyster you can order the jubilee as an add (and keep your oyster) on as that configuration has been out more than a year (I have done this)

Hope that helps
Old 24 January 2022, 09:46 AM   #14
bmrk
Banned

It's insane but what other choice do you have
bmrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 10:26 AM   #15
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrk View Post
It's insane but what other choice do you have
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Was hoping to see if anyone else had the same issue. From what I've gathered so far I can:

A) Go to other ADs or contact Rolex directly to see if I can purchase a Jubilee (without submitting my Oyster)

B) Try to purchase a Jubilee bracelet from a grey market dealer

C) See if I can find someone in the predicament (but visa-versa) and wants to swap bracelets.
Old 24 January 2022, 10:04 PM   #16
carlmartin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Ask your AD again.

When they open the system to order, default is the other way around (i.e. adding the oyster), which wont be possible until that configuration has been out a year. In that case "replacement" is the only option. Because of this my AD told be it couldn't be done.

But after double-checking (due to me nagging), they saw that adding a jubilee no longer required "replacement" and could be ordered separately, which I did back in October.

Side note: I have since gotten tired of the jubilee and switched back to oyster :)
But I have the jubilee to change things up should I want to in the future.
carlmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2022, 11:35 PM   #17
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ridiculous
I agree, I do business w the manager only and that’s what they told me…….
Old 25 January 2022, 12:00 AM   #18
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmartin View Post
Ask your AD again.

When they open the system to order, default is the other way around (i.e. adding the oyster), which wont be possible until that configuration has been out a year. In that case "replacement" is the only option. Because of this my AD told be it couldn't be done.

But after double-checking (due to me nagging), they saw that adding a jubilee no longer required "replacement" and could be ordered separately, which I did back in October.

Side note: I have since gotten tired of the jubilee and switched back to oyster :)
Thanks Carl
Old 25 January 2022, 12:39 AM   #19
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ask your AD again.

Called RSC. Was told the same. It's exchange basis only meaning I would have to give up my Oyster for the Jubilee. Suggested I wait a year and follow-up...
Old 25 January 2022, 12:46 AM   #20
carlmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Called RSC. Was told the same. It's exchange basis only meaning I would have to give up my Oyster for the Jubilee. Suggested I wait a year and follow-up...
This is so weird. We have reports on this forum of ADs in multiple countries/locations delivering jub to oyster holders. Here is another example:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=822048

In other cases I would take RSCs word for it but in this case I still suggest to call a few more ADs. Obviously it's possible.
Old 25 January 2022, 12:48 AM   #21
carlmartin
"TRF" Member

Addition: everyone seems to agree it's exchange only for jubilee-->oyster but not the other way around.
Old 25 January 2022, 12:53 AM   #22
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Addition: everyone seems to agree it's exchange only for jubilee-->oyster but not the other way around.
Exactly. The RSC rep looked in the system and made it clear that Oyster was NOT available to order but she didn't see anything for Jubilee (I thought I was about to get lucky here), but then she informed me it was exchange basis only.

I'll follow up with some more ADs.
Old 25 January 2022, 12:54 AM   #23
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have the oyster blnr 3 months old my ad sold me….they said exchange only if I wanted the jubilee and 2100$(roughly) for the jubilee…..I’ll keep asking every 6 months in case policy changes…………….but I have also heard people successfully getting one
Old 25 January 2022, 01:03 AM   #24
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
I have the oyster blnr 3 months old my ad sold me….they said exchange only if I wanted the jubilee and 2100$(roughly) for the jubilee…..I’ll keep asking every 6 months in case policy changes…………….but I have also heard people successfully getting one
Same here. Let me know if you ever have any luck. I'll update this thread if I do as well.
Old 25 January 2022, 03:46 AM   #25
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Thought I’d chime in and share something I just now realized with you all. Ok so we know that the BLRO 126710 was released 4/7/21 on Oyster and was released on Jubilee 4/?/2018 but let’s look at the BLNR for a second. It was introduced on Oyster originally in 2013 and ran until 2018 and released in 2019 on Jubilee with Oyster being brought back 4/7/2021. I know one can argue that the BLRO has seen both options in the past but we are also talking pre ceramic. The BLNR has seen both options in ceramic releases, So should this make a case with bracelet options? I personally think so any thoughts? Carl I really like the way you broke down the availability chart it was very clear whoever shared that with you was properly instructed, which is something that is lacking today and that is a shame to see the lack of standardization and transparency.
The right hand never knows what the left hand is doing and it’s apparent when you talk to multiple RSCs and multiple ADs and just about everyone has a different answer. Seems like they need to invest as much time and effort on customer service and AD communication and they do on their Product. Just my thoughts.
EagleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 03:59 AM   #26
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Here are some phone numbers and the CEOs email address if anyone feels inclined to voice their disappointment in customer service and the secrecy about product availability as well as the surrender with purchase BS…

EagleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 04:25 AM   #27
buffetwarren
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately Rolex does this for dial exchanges as well. You pay extra and they keep the original dial. My guess is they do this for quality control and anti-counterfeiting purposes.
buffetwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 04:51 AM   #28
sunnygps
2024 Pledge Member

I can see why one has to wait to get an Oyster bracelet for BLNR, as Jubilee was introduced last year for that model. However, I don't see why RSC or AD (most don't/can't order parts) will not be able to order Oyster or Jubilee bracelets BLRO as add on and not on exchange bases.

It was easier (for me) to source a Jubilee or Oyster bracelet for 6 digit GMTs prior to introducing BLNR and BLRO on both bracelet options.
sunnygps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 05:06 AM   #29
carlmartin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBear View Post
Thought I’d chime in and share something I just now realized with you all. Ok so we know that the BLRO 126710 was released 4/7/21 on Oyster and was released on Jubilee 4/?/2018 but let’s look at the BLNR for a second. It was introduced on Oyster originally in 2013 and ran until 2018 and released in 2019 on Jubilee with Oyster being brought back 4/7/2021. I know one can argue that the BLRO has seen both options in the past but we are also talking pre ceramic. The BLNR has seen both options in ceramic releases, So should this make a case with bracelet options? I personally think so any thoughts? Carl I really like the way you broke down the availability chart it was very clear whoever shared that with you was properly instructed, which is something that is lacking today and that is a shame to see the lack of standardization and transparency.
The right hand never knows what the left hand is doing and it’s apparent when you talk to multiple RSCs and multiple ADs and just about everyone has a different answer. Seems like they need to invest as much time and effort on customer service and AD communication and they do on their Product. Just my thoughts.

I think you’re on to something with the dates but have to say I don’t really follow how that would create an issue with ordering the jubilee as an add on (or maybe I’m missing the point, English is a second language for me after all)? If anything oyster for the blnr should possibly be available to order for that model? Though I think it has to be the exact same reference, I.e. 126710 being different from 116710.

Regarding OPs question my best guess is that some ADs/RSCs choose to interpret the “exchange only” requirement for the jubilee—> option as being the requirement for the other way around as well.

Hence I still believe the best option for the ones getting negative replies is to keep calling other vendors.

It does remain a fact that it is possible.
Old 25 January 2022, 05:08 AM   #30
Bruno007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB "Bluesy"
This is so weird. I purchased a BLRO on oyster in December and walked out of the AD with both bracelets.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Bruno007 is offline   Reply With Quote