The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 January 2022, 05:14 AM   #31
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToDie4Rolexes View Post
Got the call from my AD and picked up the Batman. I inquired about purchasing a Jubiliee bracelet as well so I could have both, but was told I would have to give up my Oyster bracelet (and pay the 2.5K USD for the jubilee)

Any advice? Ideally I'd like to keep both Oyster and Jubiliee for versatility but I would be open to a bracelet swap.
have you considered buying the bracelet on the grey market and selling the oyster one ...? seems kind of unfair to return (for free) a bracelet in order to buy a new one. Are you sure the AD is not playing games ?
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 05:24 AM   #32
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno007 View Post
This is so weird. I purchased a BLRO on oyster in December and walked out of the AD with both bracelets. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220124/1399d8d17c953ff2da0fb0eb205c3604.jpg[IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Teach me your ways....
ToDie4Rolexes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 05:26 AM   #33
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
have you considered buying the bracelet on the grey market and selling the oyster one ...? seems kind of unfair to return (for free) a bracelet in order to buy a new one. Are you sure the AD is not playing games ?
Regarding your first question, I contacted both DavidSW and Crown & Caliber and both said they do not sell individual bracelets. Do you have any other suggestions for grey market dealers that may carry it? I would gladly purchase it on the grey assuming it's not an outrageous price hike. The retail is already absurd.

I suppose it's possible my AD is just misinformed or "playing me" but as you can see from others in this thread, they too had the same experience. I also called RSC in NYC this morning and was told the same regarding the exchange (i.e. I have to give back my Oyster).
Old 25 January 2022, 05:26 AM   #34
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think this is Rolex policy, charge like two grand for the bracelet AND make you send it back in. Which is completely bonkers. I assume it’s because they don’t want a lot of loose bracelets out there that counterfeiters to put on fake watches.
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 05:31 AM   #35
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
My AD also let me keep both.
I bought the jubilee pepsi when it first came out and he recently provided me with a oyster for 1900
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 05:47 AM   #36
EagleBear
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
I bought the jubilee pepsi when it first came out and he recently provided me with a oyster for 1900

You Sir are proof that all this BS Rolex is feeding everyone is a joke.
So you were sold a 79200 Oyster bracelet for the BLRO on jubilee that is great news congratulations mate well done. ;)
EagleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 05:48 AM   #37
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can you introduce me to your AD
Old 25 January 2022, 05:50 AM   #38
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBear View Post
You Sir are proof that all this BS Rolex is feeding everyone is a joke.
So you were sold a 79200 Oyster bracelet for the BLRO on jubilee that is great news congratulations mate well done. ;)
that is correct my AD ordered me the bracelet for the pepsi he supplied me with the jubilee bracelet.
I was able to keep both bracelets and the oyster bracelet was 1900 dollars.
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 06:00 AM   #39
EagleBear
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
that is correct my AD ordered me the bracelet for the pepsi he supplied me with the jubilee bracelet.

Well there you have a gentleman
Thanks for chiming in and shedding some light on it Manny.
EagleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 06:51 AM   #40
carlmartin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:

This is super interesting. First time hearing about this way around. This suggests that the entire replace thing is ultimately up to each individual AD?

Or could it be that yours is actually an oyster equipped gmt, which your ad equipped with a jubilee and had the oyster as an add on?

Ok scratch that, it’s just the wine talking. I can hear how much of a conspiratory theorist I sound like
carlmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 07:17 AM   #41
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Regarding your first question, I contacted both DavidSW and Crown & Caliber and both said they do not sell individual bracelets. Do you have any other suggestions for grey market dealers that may carry it? I would gladly purchase it on the grey assuming it's not an outrageous price hike. The retail is already absurd.

I suppose it's possible my AD is just misinformed or "playing me" but as you can see from others in this thread, they too had the same experience. I also called RSC in NYC this morning and was told the same regarding the exchange (i.e. I have to give back my Oyster).
Kinda surprised by this... have you considered contacting other grey dealers like roman sharf's luxury bazaar, takuya watches or even Chase from Nashville Watches. I find it hard to believe that you can't source a bracelet ... but maybe I am wrong.
Old 25 January 2022, 07:18 AM   #42
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
I think this is Rolex policy, charge like two grand for the bracelet AND make you send it back in. Which is completely bonkers. I assume it’s because they don’t want a lot of loose bracelets out there that counterfeiters to put on fake watches.
sorry but that's nuts. seems like a lot of people have different experiences... very strange but not that I don't believe you
Old 25 January 2022, 07:18 AM   #43
Eagles4133
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 / 114060
I am waiting for someone to complain about your bracelet thread and rephrase that you need a bracelet for your "Batperson".

In all seriousness, it seems up to the AD to place the order.
Eagles4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 08:35 AM   #44
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Kinda surprised by this... have you considered contacting other grey dealers like roman sharf's luxury bazaar, takuya watches or even Chase from Nashville Watches. I find it hard to believe that you can't source a bracelet ... but maybe I am wrong.
No I haven't. I appreciate those names I will take a look and let you know if I have any luck. Thank you.

Quote:
sorry but that's nuts. seems like a lot of people have different experiences... very strange but not that I don't believe you
I had the same experience so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles4133 View Post
I am waiting for someone to complain about your bracelet thread and rephrase that you need a bracelet for your "Batperson".

In all seriousness, it seems up to the AD to place the order.
To be honest, I was hesitant about what to put in the title because of how sensitive people get over the nicknames.
Old 25 January 2022, 12:51 PM   #45
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just contacted all 3. Will let you know if anything comes from it. Thank you again.
Old 27 January 2022, 07:50 AM   #46
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Update:

Chase - Does not have any for sale
Luxury Bazaar - Will contact me for pricing
Takuya - No response yet

Also, still waiting for official word back from my AD. Thanks.
Old 20 March 2022, 11:25 AM   #47
ToDie4Rolexes
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmartin View Post
Ask your AD again.

When they open the system to order, default is the other way around (i.e. adding the oyster), which wont be possible until that configuration has been out a year. In that case "replacement" is the only option. Because of this my AD told be it couldn't be done.

But after double-checking (due to me nagging), they saw that adding a jubilee no longer required "replacement" and could be ordered separately, which I did back in October.

Side note: I have since gotten tired of the jubilee and switched back to oyster :)
But I have the jubilee to change things up should I want to in the future.
***FINAL UPDATE***
I was FINALLY able to get the jubilee bracelet from my AD. Many, many thanks to carlmartin. He was 100% correct. You should be able to order a jubilee bracelet via your AD. Thanks again everyone and good luck.
Old 20 March 2022, 11:29 AM   #48
tarmatimes
"TRF" Member

Glad you found a way around it congrats man
tarmatimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2022, 11:40 AM   #49
Traveling
Banned

Quote:
Got the call from my AD and picked up the Batman. I inquired about purchasing a Jubiliee bracelet as well so I could have both, but was told I would have to give up my Oyster bracelet (and pay the 2.5K USD for the jubilee)

Any advice? Ideally I'd like to keep both Oyster and Jubiliee for versatility but I would be open to a bracelet swap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macnavara View Post
Ill gladly swap my jubilee for your oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrk View Post
It's insane but what other choice do you have
Multiple options. GO with it.

Personally, I'd figure out a way to get both. Different bracelets for different situations. You'll appreciate that.
Traveling is offline   Reply With Quote