The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 15 July 2020, 10:39 AM   #1
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

Bad experience with dealer Rooney @firstclassdials

Sadly, a deal went sideways. Agreed on a price yesterday with Rooney. His partner sold the watch today to someone else. 40 minutes after he offered to ship the watch he told me the item had sold. His partner sold it. I reminded him that we had a deal from yesterday. He was unfazed and apologized but was unwilling to call me when he was shipping the watch out to the other buyer. I expect these antics from a Craigs list ad but not a professional dealer. Stick with Morgan, Jacek, and Acuna. They are men of their word. Sadly, I would suggest caution with First Class Dials in LA going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gina Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 08:45 AM   #2
watchcrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer II cream
That’s to bad, I‘ve had good luck with FCD.
watchcrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 08:45 AM   #3
cads83
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 18k
I have had many solid deals with @firstclassdials. Perhaps they can still make it right for you.
cads83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 09:02 AM   #4
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

I have done tons of deals with Rooney... all have gone flawlessly... he is a pretty stoic straight up kind of guy... I know they sell through a few channels, just like most dealers, but I would imagine no ill intent was meant... he does work with a partner and I know these kinds of things happen... I think this is more a blip than representative of their typical transaction... I would check back with him because they get new inventory in pretty regularly...

Last edited by jvmartin; 17 July 2020 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: missing word
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 09:48 AM   #5
VintageReloxo
"TRF" Member

Rooney is rock solid. Perhaps, an overlook in the current environment we are facing, and the ability to keep track of all inventory. Deal with confidence.
VintageReloxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2020, 04:29 PM   #6
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Had you sent money? Sometimes it’s just poor timing.
Old 25 July 2020, 07:44 AM   #7
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

I have dealt with him successfully before as well. I looked at the watch a few times over the past month. We agreed on a price on Monday. On Tuesday he told me it was sold. I am local so I was trying to get to Dtla to pick up in person. He did not even call me on the phone or answer my calls. He also had ample time to call me and explain what happened. It was disappointing. Professional dealers do not act in such a manner. Proceed with caution. I don’t think he would scam anyone or anything like that but apparently his word is not as solid as I would have hoped. I use dealers to avoid this BS. This is Craigslist level. Very disappointed. He has my number and is welcome to call anytime and I would amend my complaint but alas, nothing. My advice is proceed with caution. Cheers.

I have dealt with Acuna, Morgan, Chase, HQ, etc. never had this issue before. Sucks.

Too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gina Marie is offline   Reply With Quote