The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 July 2020, 09:38 AM   #1
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Tudor GMT Date Wheel Round 3

Pulled off my 116610LN this morning to change it up and was shocked to see this again!

The date wheel stuck between two days

lol in the past 15 months i have had the date wheel issue 3 times. After the second time Rolex customer service division and my AD actually offered to replace the entire watch in Oct 2019. That replacement watch worked perfectly until today.

Guess we're back to square one

What would you have them do? Keep servicing it or ask them to buy back the watch and trade up to a Datejust or maybe a BLRO if i get lucky??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Date Wheel.jpg (214.6 KB, 1474 views)
Asal94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 09:41 AM   #2
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asal94 View Post
Pulled off my 116610LN this morning to change it up and was shocked to see this again!

The date wheel stuck between two days

lol in the past 15 months i have had the date wheel issue 3 times. After the second time Rolex customer service division and my AD actually offered to replace the entire watch in Oct 2019. That replacement watch worked perfectly until today.

Guess were back to square one

What would you have them do? Keep servicing it or ask them to buy back the watch and trade up to a Datejust or maybe a BLRO if i get lucky??

If they will refund what you paid -OR- give you a credit towards another watch, definitely do it. No way should you have to put up with that three times.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 09:56 AM   #3
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
Wow. I've heard of this happening twice, but not three times. I would suggest calling Tudor directly and getting an answer from them.
Old 14 July 2020, 10:30 AM   #4
horseShu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Aqua Terra
This needs to get more attention.
Why don't the Youtubers cover this?
Afraid they'll anger Tudor and they'll lose whatever special privileges?
horseShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 10:36 AM   #5
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseShu View Post
This needs to get more attention.
Why don't the Youtubers cover this?
Afraid they'll anger Tudor and they'll lose whatever special privileges?
Um.. plenty have covered this matter. In general, it's old news.

Now, someone's Tudor GMT failing 3 times? That's fresh news.
Old 14 July 2020, 10:37 AM   #6
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
You have to wonder what the deal is. Its not like Rolex does not know how to put together a date wheel. I know this is a small sample of the Tudor GMT, but there has been lots of date issues on this model. I would say look Tudor, with all these problems I want to me moved to 1st on the Daytona list or get first dibs on the new releases this year!
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 10:38 AM   #7
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
if they will refund what you paid -or- give you a credit towards another watch, definitely do it. No way should you have to put up with that three times.

Sent from my samsung galaxy s10 using tapatalk
+1
Polarexplorerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 10:43 AM   #8
georgekart
"TRF" Member

There should be a lemon law. And that should fall under it. 3 issues in 15 months is too much. If they offer you to give you refund, take it. If they offer you a credit towards BLRO and perhaps bump you on the list, definitely go for it.
georgekart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 10:46 AM   #9
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Kind of a disappointing issue for a company that made the first date-window watch 75 years ago.
Old 14 July 2020, 10:55 AM   #10
jltait
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200
Didn’t Rolex invent the automatically changing date wheel, like however many decades ago? Wtf.
jltait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 11:46 AM   #11
Mick006
"TRF" Member

I feel for you. What a nightmare. I thought they had this issue sorted.
Mick006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 12:10 PM   #12
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
The Tudor MT5652 movement arrived in 2018, and improvements will be made as the movement gets improved during the product run. I haven't found anyone write up what the actual issue is that is causing this flaw. But I am sure that if you send the watch in for service the service center installs all of the improved parts avaialable as of that date. Purchasing a new watch, depending on when it was manufactured may or may not have all of the latest refinements. Not all watches will fail so they just repair those that get sent into the service center, and add the upgrades to watches being assembled at the time of the updates.
Old 14 July 2020, 12:34 PM   #13
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
If they will refund what you paid -OR- give you a credit towards another watch, definitely do it. No way should you have to put up with that three times.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
Absolutely! I am supposed to speak with the CSR manager at Rolex Canada in Toronto tomorrow. At first I thought i demanding a BLRO was out of the question.. but now i'm going to push for it.

Will let you guys know what Tudor decides to do when i hear back
Old 14 July 2020, 12:41 PM   #14
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado63 View Post
The Tudor MT5652 movement arrived in 2018, and improvements will be made as the movement gets improved during the product run. I haven't found anyone write up what the actual issue is that is causing this flaw. But I am sure that if you send the watch in for service the service center installs all of the improved parts avaialable as of that date. Purchasing a new watch, depending on when it was manufactured may or may not have all of the latest refinements. Not all watches will fail so they just repair those that get sent into the service center, and add the upgrades to watches being assembled at the time of the updates.
That would make sense.. however I forgot to mention that my replacement watch was literally brand new fresh from Switzerland in October 2019 so it should have had the "new and improved" version of that movement. In addition, the watch sat at RSC Toronto for 3 weeks being tested before they even shipped it to my AD for me to collect.

I know the "updated" movement has been around for at least 6-8 months before I got my new watch. Even if they offer to fix it, i'm not trying to have it sit at RSC for 2 months every 6 months. Its pretty much ruined the enjoyment of the piece for me.
Old 14 July 2020, 12:57 PM   #15
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
That's a shame to see this recurring issue. The date it was made doesn't seem to make a difference. Those with & without the date issue both appear across it's manufacturing lifetime. Mine was purchased new in late 2018 and continues to run flawlessly with freakish accuracy.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 01:25 PM   #16
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear this OP.

Mines currently away for repair and my confidence in the brand and the AD is pretty much at zero right now. Stories like yours compound this even further.

If I were you I’d be aiming for a refund or credit to trade up to something else. If mine isn’t fixed soon, I’ll also be trying that route too.

As much as I love the GMT I don’t have the time or patience to deal with this on a regular basis and with new reports of this happening still coming through, it doesn’t sound like they’ve got a grasp on the issue.
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 09:43 PM   #17
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk77 View Post
Sorry to hear this OP.

Mines currently away for repair and my confidence in the brand and the AD is pretty much at zero right now. Stories like yours compound this even further.

If I were you I’d be aiming for a refund or credit to trade up to something else. If mine isn’t fixed soon, I’ll also be trying that route too.

As much as I love the GMT I don’t have the time or patience to deal with this on a regular basis and with new reports of this happening still coming through, it doesn’t sound like they’ve got a grasp on the issue.

Sorry to hear you've got the same issue! Hopefully yours gets resolved soon.

I agree, at first I loved the watch but having it happen 3 times completely ruined it for me. We'll see what they say when i pitch the idea to get the BLRO or another Rolex
Old 14 July 2020, 10:05 PM   #18
mk2jag
"TRF" Member

I have the issue as well and sent mine in through the AD last week. I mentioned that its been a problem with other owners (needing fixing more then once) and they assured me that its been remedied and won't occur. If it does in fact happen after being fixed I will ask them to arrange a BLRO instead and the watch returned...
mk2jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 10:09 PM   #19
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2jag View Post
I have the issue as well and sent mine in through the AD last week. I mentioned that its been a problem with other owners (needing fixing more then once) and they assured me that its been remedied and won't occur. If it does in fact happen after being fixed I will ask them to arrange a BLRO instead and the watch returned...
Haha looks like I am starting a new trend here!

BLRO's for everyone
Old 14 July 2020, 10:13 PM   #20
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Did they quote you how long it would take to carry out the repair?
Old 14 July 2020, 10:13 PM   #21
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

BLRO's for everyone

I mean if they’re handing them out I’ll sure take one
Old 14 July 2020, 10:16 PM   #22
mk2jag
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Did they quote you how long it would take to carry out the repair?
They said it would not take that long since the Rolex service department is up and running and this repair has priority....They said a number of weeks whatever that means but not the 3 months I figured on...
Old 14 July 2020, 10:18 PM   #23
mk2jag
"TRF" Member

Quote:

BLRO's for everyone
Haha yes! but I'd rather my Tudor GMT.....
Old 14 July 2020, 10:23 PM   #24
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
They said it would not take that long since the Rolex service department is up and running and this repair has priority....They said a number of weeks whatever that means but not the 3 months I figured on...

Sounds similar to what they told me...2-3 weeks, and warranty repairs go straight to front of que...after 3 weeks my watch was still in quarantine which is apparently a new ‘ Rolex global policy’...

I’m now in week 4 without the watch and I’m still non the wiser as to what’s going on. The AD doesn’t return calls, doesn’t update when they say they will, ignores texts and emails.
Old 14 July 2020, 10:26 PM   #25
Asal94
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sounds similar to what they told me...2-3 weeks, and warranty repairs go straight to front of que...after 3 weeks my watch was still in quarantine which is apparently a new ‘ Rolex global policy’...

I’m now in week 4 without the watch and I’m still non the wiser as to what’s going on. The AD doesn’t return calls, doesn’t update when they say they will, ignores texts and emails.

Honestly, when i went through the same process in the fall pre-covid the entire process took about 2 months.

I can only imagine it taking longer now
Old 14 July 2020, 10:43 PM   #26
Explorer2polar
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR , Sub C, Exp
The OP has my utmost sympathy its simply not acceptable from Tudor, 3 times with the same issue ! A great looking watch simply spoiled, will Tudors reputation not be damaged by this careless and unnecessary problem ?
Explorer2polar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 10:51 PM   #27
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Absolutely! I am supposed to speak with the CSR manager at Rolex Canada in Toronto tomorrow. At first I thought i demanding a BLRO was out of the question.. but now i'm going to push for it.

Will let you guys know what Tudor decides to do when i hear back
Not sure they will promise you and specific watch, but will maybe credit your purchase price towards any future watch purchase. But honestly a full refund would be appropriate.

Definitely keep us updated. My GMT is with RSC right now for the same issue, first time.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 10:53 PM   #28
Brny11
"TRF" Member

This watch is selling for less than the bb58. I am not sure how that is possible (even though I am proud owner of 58), other then the known date issues that just killed demand and desirability. It’s a shame for Tudor as it had such potential to be a flagship piece. Maybe Tudor should stick to ETA / Valjoux.
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 10:56 PM   #29
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Tudor GMT Date Wheel Round 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
Wow. I've heard of this happening twice, but not three times. I would suggest calling Tudor directly and getting an answer from them.

If it happens twice it will happens ad infinitum. It’s obvious now that The issue with this watch has not been solved for good. Don’t know what Tudor is doing when they got our watches back for date wheel service, maybe they are buying time until they ubdate/change the whole movement

Old 14 July 2020, 11:06 PM   #30
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Unbelievable.

Tudor: WTF?
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote