The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 April 2024, 11:51 PM   #211
ErichKeane
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: Gaston, OR
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
Full set minus white hang tag 116710 BLNR dated 2020 just sold on Moda for 10,600.
Wow! I'm seeing a handful of BLNRs in mid-12k range these days. In December I picked up a 21x Polar Explorer II for ~$9k and a BLNR for ~$13.5k, and both were 'best deals I'd seen in a while & since', but now I'm seeing 'better for cheaper' in a few places (both at that price 'could use' a service).

That said, I'm glad to see it! I just wish a BLRO would get cheap enough to add into my watch case!
ErichKeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 11:59 PM   #212
rushca01
"TRF" Member
 
rushca01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Indiana
Watch: GMT BLRO
Posts: 1,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichKeane View Post
Wow! I'm seeing a handful of BLNRs in mid-12k range these days. In December I picked up a 21x Polar Explorer II for ~$9k and a BLNR for ~$13.5k, and both were 'best deals I'd seen in a while & since', but now I'm seeing 'better for cheaper' in a few places (both at that price 'could use' a service).

That said, I'm glad to see it! I just wish a BLRO would get cheap enough to add into my watch case!
Im right there with youI just my 116710 BLNR December 2013 COMPLETE set unpolished for 13.7I almost bid on this one just because. Kind of hoping a 116610 hulk comes up
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 12:25 AM   #213
messikens
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: SFO
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Watch market bottomed out last Tuesday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That joke never gets old does it
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 01:05 AM   #214
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member
 
GGGMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Itinerant
Watch: 79010sg
Posts: 8,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
That joke never gets old does it

It just Never does!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2024, 11:15 PM   #215
messikens
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: SFO
Posts: 1,087
Going to take this opportunity to ask for a few latest price decrease quotes and hope some connected folks can help me out (without shutting this thread down):

26393QT
26240 blue / black

What are the latest and greatest quotes you're seeing?
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2024, 12:24 AM   #216
Vince_76
"TRF" Member
 
Vince_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,681
26240 Black is in the low to mid 40s and blue in the high 40s
__________________
AP 15500ST (Silver) // ♛ Rolex 126334 (Blue Roman, Fluted, Jubilee) // Ω Moonswatch (Mission to Pluto) // G-Shock GA2100-1A1
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2024, 09:27 PM   #217
messikens
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: SFO
Posts: 1,087
Thank you sir!

Maybe this thread stays open a bit longer... Any 26393 news as well?
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 12:55 AM   #218
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member
 
offrdmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Real Name: Matt
Location: Wine Country, Ca
Posts: 5,872
Its not going to bottom out as long as dealers are stuck with pieces that they paid too much for and are unwilling to take the hit. They will keep inflating the prices by selling the watches to other dealers on credit at the inflated price in order to show that they are still selling at higher prices. These watches never actually sell but just move from one dealer to another. They are hoping that if the consumer sees that these watches are being moved at the higher price then maybe other watches in their inventory will sell to unsuspecting consumers at the higher price. Its called price manipulation.
__________________
TRF Member 11738
offrdmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 03:40 AM   #219
Vince_76
"TRF" Member
 
Vince_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Thank you sir!

Maybe this thread stays open a bit longer... Any 26393 news as well?
Mint fullset marked as sold at $29.5k

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Its not going to bottom out as long as dealers are stuck with pieces that they paid too much for and are unwilling to take the hit. They will keep inflating the prices by selling the watches to other dealers on credit at the inflated price in order to show that they are still selling at higher prices. These watches never actually sell but just move from one dealer to another. They are hoping that if the consumer sees that these watches are being moved at the higher price then maybe other watches in their inventory will sell to unsuspecting consumers at the higher price. Its called price manipulation.
Yeah, a lot of price manipulation going on. Only thing Id add is that the buck has to stop somewhere - debt will come due, and liquidity will be needed by dealers. When that is, who knows
__________________
AP 15500ST (Silver) // ♛ Rolex 126334 (Blue Roman, Fluted, Jubilee) // Ω Moonswatch (Mission to Pluto) // G-Shock GA2100-1A1
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 06:28 AM   #220
Vince_76
"TRF" Member
 
Vince_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,681
Fullset blue skydweller on jubilee sitting at 20.5k. Didn’t realize how much these dropped
__________________
AP 15500ST (Silver) // ♛ Rolex 126334 (Blue Roman, Fluted, Jubilee) // Ω Moonswatch (Mission to Pluto) // G-Shock GA2100-1A1
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 12:30 PM   #221
Radbloke
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Fullset blue skydweller on jubilee sitting at 20.5k. Didnt realize how much these dropped
I'm still quite surprised they're that high. They're essentially a XXXL datejust that the vast majority of wrists can't sport. The other large-sized rolex models tend to sell under retail on the secondary market. Will be interesting to see where they end up in the long term.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 01:57 PM   #222
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member
 
Rolextellstime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Real Name: Ken
Location: Canada
Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Posts: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radbloke View Post
I'm still quite surprised they're that high. They're essentially a XXXL datejust that the vast majority of wrists can't sport. The other large-sized rolex models tend to sell under retail on the secondary market. Will be interesting to see where they end up in the long term.
Exactly my thought as well. I owned a two tone skydweller, it was a gorgeous watch but just too bulky on the wrist and too large that it loses its elegance and wear ability compared to a datejust. I sold it and bought a datejust in 2020 which I still have :)

I love the functional turning besel and the way of displaying months, if they could just reduce it to a 40mm and 12mm or less thin I would jump at it in a heartbeat. Otherwise, the datejust is my preference.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Rolextellstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 02:26 PM   #223
Vince_76
"TRF" Member
 
Vince_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radbloke View Post
I'm still quite surprised they're that high. They're essentially a XXXL datejust that the vast majority of wrists can't sport. The other large-sized rolex models tend to sell under retail on the secondary market. Will be interesting to see where they end up in the long term.
Good point. Id love to have one at retail. The thickness kind of sucks though.
__________________
AP 15500ST (Silver) // ♛ Rolex 126334 (Blue Roman, Fluted, Jubilee) // Ω Moonswatch (Mission to Pluto) // G-Shock GA2100-1A1
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 12:53 PM   #224
Radbloke
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolextellstime View Post
Exactly my thought as well. I owned a two tone skydweller, it was a gorgeous watch but just too bulky on the wrist and too large that it loses its elegance and wear ability compared to a datejust. I sold it and bought a datejust in 2020 which I still have :)

I love the functional turning besel and the way of displaying months, if they could just reduce it to a 40mm and 12mm or less thin I would jump at it in a heartbeat. Otherwise, the datejust is my preference.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Oh for sure, they're an interesting model and I definitely understand the appeal of the movement. They do wear massive though, there's just so much dial and shiny bezel. I try not to judge peoples taste too harshly, but almost every wrist I've seen these on are at least an inch too small. Maybe Rolex thought they'd be too similar looking to the DJ at 40mm? I can see them trading well below retail once the heat dies off. We'll see though.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 08:55 PM   #225
1665fan
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: East coast
Posts: 6,631
YM2 and sky dweller will go down as fails in the future lol
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2024, 11:10 AM   #226
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: USA
Posts: 669
how is the 124060 doing these days? would love to get one around retail price or lower
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2024, 12:20 PM   #227
RTG
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member
 
RTG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Watch: YM42 Ti
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
YM2 and sky dweller will go down as fails in the future lol
By ‘fails’ you must mean Rolex successfully selling and profiting from every Sky-Dweller and YM2 they produced for 12 and 18 years of production? Or by fail you mean Rolex didn’t make it specifically for your wrist?

Fun timepieces for fun people. Not everyone is a clone.
__________________
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
RTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2024, 12:30 PM   #228
Radbloke
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
how is the 124060 doing these days? would love to get one around retail price or lower
Around 10.5 to 11.5 on moda, depending on year and condition. The subs are continuing to tick down, albeit slowly.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2024, 07:27 PM   #229
digitalcrocodile
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 161
The 116710BLNR's don't seem to be moving much at least on DAVIDSW's site.
digitalcrocodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 11:13 PM   #230
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC
Posts: 263
OP 126000 Tiffany Dial Brand New April 2024 Full Set White Tag ETC asking 13.5K on MODA

Same watch... probably a 2023 if I had to guess with DAVIDSW price 17.9K .... WOOF
__________________
Modern: 116610LV / 114300 / AP 15202ST / PP 5065A
Vintage: 1016 - Gilt Chapter Ring Underline + Exclamation Point / 16618 - Black / 1803 Orange Stella Dial
soicanbefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 04:33 AM   #231
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: United States
Watch: Rolex and Patek
Posts: 10,780
I think heading into summer the whole used watch market is slowing except for high demand models. I think there is some well needed rest from the hyperactivity of the last few years. Unless and until trends change in mechanical watch popularity, used prices may fluctuate over time, the current trend will keep prices trading in a range. I do not see a major downfall or surge in used watch prices in the short-term.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 04:35 AM   #232
jb335
2024 Pledge Member
 
jb335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The States
Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Posts: 7,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
I think heading into summer the whole used watch market is slowing except for high demand models. I think there is some well needed rest from the hyperactivity of the last few years. Unless and until trends change in mechanical watch popularity, used prices may fluctuate over time, the current trend will keep prices trading in a range. I do not see a major downfall or surge in used watch prices in the short-term.

Incredibly smart take. Maybe because this is my thinking as well ; )


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 09:38 AM   #233
gates
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: az
Watch: LVc
Posts: 216
when people lose their jobs and inflation keeps weakening the consumer then watches are low on the list of where the dollars have to be spent, personally Im not buying anything until it is below msrp, specifically the 228238 or 228235 (high demand ones)- I MIGHT buy one when they hit 2018-19 prices - low 30's for example and maybe not even then if the economy does what I think its going to do
gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 12:20 PM   #234
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by gates View Post
when people lose their jobs and inflation keeps weakening the consumer then watches are low on the list of where the dollars have to be spent, personally Im not buying anything until it is below msrp, specifically the 228238 or 228235 (high demand ones)- I MIGHT buy one when they hit 2018-19 prices - low 30's for example and maybe not even then if the economy does what I think its going to do
And what do you suspect the economy will do? Genuinely curious because I sense rumblings but the stock market is at all time highs. I know that the market isnt the economy, but stillhome prices are still stupid high, as are car prices.
ThatOtherGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 01:01 PM   #235
gates
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: az
Watch: LVc
Posts: 216
i'm a home builder so I see things from that perspective - I believe we are going to have some kind of economic crisis, either a dollar problem (losing reserve currency status), a runaway inflation problem, or a global depression. I believe we are in the early innings of a global recession now and debt based systems go in cycles - the entire world is on this system and we're in the late innings on this one. If you look at history we usually have a big ass war about now - if you havnt then go read Strauss and Howes "The Fourth Turning", we are in the Winter phase...

We are currently $35 trillion in debt that they admit to, and we are deficit spending $1 trillion dollars every 100 days, the world is liquidating our bonds and all the central banks are buying gold hand over fist, the writing is on the wall for anyone who cares to look. Back on the subject - I think we are going to be able to buy luxury watches a hell of cheaper in 12 month.

You asked and thats my .02
gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 01:50 PM   #236
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 497
^ I’ll check out the book. Thanks for your perspective!
ThatOtherGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2024, 09:36 AM   #237
Vince_76
"TRF" Member
 
Vince_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,681
Silver 26240st 50th anniversary fullset great condition went at auction for $37.2k

Below retail and moda auctions are typically inflated.
__________________
AP 15500ST (Silver) // ♛ Rolex 126334 (Blue Roman, Fluted, Jubilee) // Ω Moonswatch (Mission to Pluto) // G-Shock GA2100-1A1
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 06:40 PM   #238
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: USA
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Silver 26240st 50th anniversary fullset great condition went at auction for $37.2k

Below retail and moda auctions are typically inflated.
We are finally at below retail! Once we see blue and green dial ROs at retail price or lower, we will know the flippers are mostly gone
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
Batmannr1
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

My Watch LLC

OCWatches

DavidSW Watches

Wrist Aficionado

Takuya Watches

Asset Appeal


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright 2004-2024, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.