The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 July 2020, 02:24 AM   #1
Frank McKay
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysoprano100 View Post
Thats my dream watch, sadly I cant buy one because is impossible to use it in Chile, country where I live.

I can, but I have modesty.

At the moment, my 24x7 watch is a stainless steel Sub
Why is it impossible to use/wear in Chile?
Frank McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 10:12 AM   #2
tonysoprano100
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKay View Post
Because to use the Rolex President is to say “I m rich”

Here in Chile to be rich is not nice for others.

Its my dream watch, but I dont want to buy a watch for home, I want to use it.

Its sad....I was thinking on a white gold or platinum, but its not the same magic.
tonysoprano100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 04:04 PM   #3
Low-Key
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysoprano100 View Post
Because to use the Rolex President is to say “I m rich”

Here in Chile to be rich is not nice for others.

Its my dream watch, but I dont want to buy a watch for home, I want to use it.

Its sad....I was thinking on a white gold or platinum, but its not the same magic.
I’m not sure which part/region of Chile you live in, but I can’t say I agree. First, the YG President is definitively a less low-key look, absolutely. This is where the beauty of the platinum model comes in, because it totally flies under the radar (as would a WG model, for similar reasons), where that’s near-impossible with the former. Being a Millennial, I strove for the YG President as a grail piece, thinking there may not be utility for the ‘elusive’ platinum President. But when I got the YG, I quickly realized that a platinum one would allow me to wear a President under most circumstances, where YG/fluted might be a bit conspicuous and, therefore, limited in certain settings. So, I added a 118206 (6.25” wrists) that I love, and have different uses for them accordingly. I really enjoy their unexpectedly juxtaposed personalities (relative to each other).

If you’re up in Providencia/Las Condes/La Dehesa/Lo Barnechea, you can very easily get away with either model. I lived there myself for a few years post-Y2K (service work), but only in the humbler/lower-lying sections of Santiago, on the less-cosmopolitan side of the Rio Mapocho. Being that I knew ahead-of-time that I’d be serving down that way, I, too, left all my watches stateside. Truth be told, I would’ve been fine using a SS tool watch while there (other than maybe on the Micro), but hindsight being what it is...
Low-Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2020, 12:10 AM   #4
tonysoprano100
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Key View Post
I’m not sure which part/region of Chile you live in, but I can’t say I agree. First, the YG President is definitively a less low-key look, absolutely. This is where the beauty of the platinum model comes in, because it totally flies under the radar (as would a WG model, for similar reasons), where that’s near-impossible with the former. Being a Millennial, I strove for the YG President as a grail piece, thinking there may not be utility for the ‘elusive’ platinum President. But when I got the YG, I quickly realized that a platinum one would allow me to wear a President under most circumstances, where YG/fluted might be a bit conspicuous and, therefore, limited in certain settings. So, I added a 118206 (6.25” wrists) that I love, and have different uses for them accordingly. I really enjoy their unexpectedly juxtaposed personalities (relative to each other).

If you’re up in Providencia/Las Condes/La Dehesa/Lo Barnechea, you can very easily get away with either model. I lived there myself for a few years post-Y2K (service work), but only in the humbler/lower-lying sections of Santiago, on the less-cosmopolitan side of the Rio Mapocho. Being that I knew ahead-of-time that I’d be serving down that way, I, too, left all my watches stateside. Truth be told, I would’ve been fine using a SS tool watch while there (other than maybe on the Micro), but hindsight being what it is...
Nice you know Chile. I live in the Region de Los Lagos.
I work as merchant and I deal too much with people of middle-low class.

I m thinking on the WG Like you said.....do you think is fine for Chile?
Old 26 July 2020, 10:16 AM   #5
tonysoprano100
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I sent you a pm
Old 26 July 2020, 03:49 PM   #6
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you
Quote:

I’m guessing too dangerous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT
BumbleB is offline   Reply With Quote