The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 26 July 2020, 07:43 AM   #61
suligeo
2024 Pledge Member

Is the bracelet from buyer genuine?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 26 July 2020, 09:30 AM   #62
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by erhein View Post
How about if seller refunds $412.50 to buyer. Buyer then advertises the bracelet for sale. Even in the condition it's in, it must be worth at least a couple/few hundred dollars. Seller and buyer then split the sale price. Everybody walks away, probably down a couple of hundred dollars, and anyone who reads this thread is free to draw his/her own conclusions.

Uh, because seller denies the truth of buyers allegations. So why would he do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 July 2020, 09:31 AM   #63
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
Jeff does not have it in him to buy a bracelet and claim it’s different and try to return it.

Wait, I thought didn’t have a dog in the fight ...

Old 26 July 2020, 09:33 AM   #64
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Old adage that is important to remember in business ... the client/customer is always right. In this case, that's Jeff.

Even if TempoKing is 100 precent convinced he's done nothing wrong here, he should take the bracelet back and issue a full refund. That's what good sellers do, even if they think the buyer is unreasonable or super picky or just insane.

I'm not necessarily taking sides, but that seems like the prudent thing to do here, regardless of the facts, especially because of the relatively small amount of money involved.

Just my 2 cents.

Totally agree — if you make a making a living doing this, better to eat the $825 than have your name drug through by a pastor.

Old 26 July 2020, 10:03 AM   #65
BaliBryan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 RED, OP39,PAM
What could be the op’s motive here? Order a bracelet all the way from Greece swap out good links with beaten up ones? Then send it back for a refund? Then post all of this? Doesn’t make sense.
Old 26 July 2020, 10:07 AM   #66
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Hmmm. This is two different bracelets IMO. If the seller sold multiple of this bracelet, then a mix up would make sense. But apparently that is not the case.

The photos from the seller are horrendous and essentially what we see when someone is trying to hide something. But, the comparison between the original photos and the buyers photos are so drastic, there is no way someone could slide that by a buyer. The photos from the seller are consistent with his other photos. Which are way overexposed and hard to make out details.

It would be very strange for a buyer to buy a mint bracelet, try to swap it for a hammered bracelet and try to post pictures and return it against a seller. I just don’t know what that possibly accomplishes. The buyer has risk with this thread as well, now when he sells a future watch people will remember this thread. I don’t see it happening.

I don’t love the sellers response in this thread and I’m sure i won’t be the only one that steers clear. I’m 100% positive a different reaction would have come out of the various other sellers i have worked with here. First, would have been absolute shock at how something like this could happen. I’m so sorry, here are the original pics! I haven’t sold another bracelet in months...etc.

My guess- bracelet was shipped from someone else using Tempokings label. Tempoking bought it from someone he has used before, trusted condition and shipped it. Likely with the best of intentions and the mixup was made by that person. That person sent tempoking these pics and they mixed up bracelets when they shipped it out. Tempoking added his standard over saturated filter to the pics, and posted it for sale.

Old 26 July 2020, 10:18 AM   #67
BaliBryan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 RED, OP39,PAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
Hmmm. This is two different bracelets IMO. If the seller sold multiple of this bracelet, then a mix up would make sense. But apparently that is not the case.

The photos from the seller are horrendous and essentially what we see when someone is trying to hide something. But, the comparison between the original photos and the buyers photos are so drastic, there is no way someone could slide that by a buyer. The photos from the seller are consistent with his other photos. Which are way overexposed and hard to make out details.

It would be very strange for a buyer to buy a mint bracelet, try to swap it for a hammered bracelet and try to post pictures and return it against a seller. I just don’t know what that possibly accomplishes. The buyer has risk with this thread as well, now when he sells a future watch people will remember this thread. I don’t see it happening.

I don’t love the sellers response in this thread and I’m sure i won’t be the only one that steers clear. I’m 100% positive a different reaction would have come out of the various other sellers i have worked with here. First, would have been absolute shock at how something like this could happen. I’m so sorry, here are the original pics! I haven’t sold another bracelet in months...etc.

My guess- bracelet was shipped from someone else using Tempokings label. Tempoking bought it from someone he has used before, trusted condition and shipped it. Likely with the best of intentions and the mixup was made by that person. That person sent tempoking these pics and they mixed up bracelets when they shipped it out. Tempoking added his standard over saturated filter to the pics, and posted it for sale.

That’s possible but the op suspects that it’s the same clasp advertised in the photos because of the condition and clasp code.
Old 26 July 2020, 10:31 AM   #68
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I see you've been on TRF for seven years. I don't know you Jeff or TempoKing however I have no reason to disbelieve anything your saying. That being said it sounds like you got screwed. If he (TempoKing) made a mistake somehow he certainly would have came clean with you by now. Thats a shame as he seems to have made some good deals with others.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 26 July 2020, 10:33 AM   #69
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaliBryan View Post
That’s possible but the op suspects that it’s the same clasp advertised in the photos because of the condition and clasp code.
Exactly
Old 26 July 2020, 10:34 AM   #70
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Wait, I thought didn’t have a dog in the fight ...

Lol. I don’t. But I’m just sharing my experience with the buyer. I didn’t bury the seller. But I can see how it looks like I’m rooting for the buyer. I’m not.

Old 26 July 2020, 10:49 AM   #71
wb55
"TRF" Member

It looks pretty poor for the seller to say the matter is closed for him and then not give a f. If I was him and my name was being dragged through the mud for something I didn't do I wouldn't just be like meh, the matter is closed for me, bye. I'd fight for my name.
Old 26 July 2020, 02:49 PM   #72
tike71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsthetime? View Post
Maybe someone in customs swapped it out?
This could be very plausible and makes more sense than the buyer or seller pulling a fast one. Customs agent opens and inspects package, coincidentally has a watch that uses the same bracelet, and swaps the new for the old. It explains why there's a missing link, because the one the customs agent had is sized to his wrist.

PS it's quite alarming for the seller to dismiss this allegation so quickly and not gaf about the things being said after.
Old 26 July 2020, 02:51 PM   #73
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfullm42 View Post
That is exactly why I am so confused. That and also why would he become so combative when all I did was take pictures, send them, and ask for my money back because the bracelet clearly didn’t arrive in the same condition as advertised.

Also why would I waste my time posting this thread? I do a hundred + deals a year all over forums, Facebook and IG, $825 in the grand scheme of things isn’t going to change my life, but it is still $825. I’m just as confused as you are and I don’t want anyone else to have this happen to them
I've been following Jeff on Instagram for a while now and he is not the sort to lie to get a refund on a bracelet.

Jeff, the advertisement seemed to have a red sticker on the clasp - was there one when you received it?

TempoKing, a longer detailed response is warranted here. Understandably you have your side - a full explanation/description to assure the community of your integrity and what happened here would be appreciated. Short brief terse responses are not normal in situations like this. Did you pack the bracelet yourself or did someone do that for you. Do you have photos of the bracelet before being sent and being packed? Is the packaging that Jeff received the same as when you sent it? Was the screw sticking out? All of these don't add up.
Old 26 July 2020, 02:58 PM   #74
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tike71 View Post
This could be very plausible and makes more sense than the buyer or seller pulling a fast one. Customs agent opens and inspects package, coincidentally has a watch that uses the same bracelet, and swaps the new for the old. It explains why there's a missing link, because the one the customs agent had is sized to his wrist.

PS it's quite alarming for the seller to dismiss this allegation so quickly and not gaf about the things being said after.
Occam would disagree with this scenario.

I would now expect T, as the seller, to step up and shed more light on the history of this transaction?

Old 26 July 2020, 03:32 PM   #75
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tike71 View Post

After reading about both, the buyer and sellers reputations, this is the first thought that came to mind, especially because as you mentioned "the missing link".
Old 26 July 2020, 04:19 PM   #76
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
This is a disappointing read. Hope it gets resolved.
Old 26 July 2020, 06:00 PM   #77
Andad

Watch: A few.
It looks as if the correct decision has now been made regarding Tempoking.

The ball is in now his court to sort out this situation with Jeff.

Old 26 July 2020, 07:50 PM   #78
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

The seller has handled this badly. The behaviour of the seller (or a scammer who was impersonating them, however difficult to believe that might be) guarantees that their reputation is now around the bend. A pity for all parties.

This isn't the first thread about a seller with a stellar reputation committing suicide in public.
Old 26 July 2020, 08:26 PM   #79
Jocke

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
It feels a bit like Tempoking put the lid on if it is as he says, then he should have defended himself in public, I think. If nothing else, he should
have contacted the buyer via PM and tried to come up with a solution. The Internet can ruin a long-standing good reputation in 10 minutes.

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Old 26 July 2020, 08:36 PM   #80
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

Tempoking has been kicked from the court for good. I hope there would be resolution in sight for you both.
Old 26 July 2020, 08:51 PM   #81
Jocke

I see now Tempoking is banned and I guess it says it all.

Old 26 July 2020, 08:58 PM   #82
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
I see now Tempoking is banned and I guess it says it all.
Things happen , many years ago I had good dealings with Steve Mu...., remember him.
Old 26 July 2020, 09:01 PM   #83
Jocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatty View Post
Things happen , many years ago I had good dealings with Steve Mu...., remember him.
You mean the guy who shot himself in the foot, literally? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Old 26 July 2020, 09:53 PM   #84
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
You mean the guy who shot himself in the foot, literally? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yep , now in jail I believe
Old 26 July 2020, 09:55 PM   #85
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatty View Post
Yep , now in jail I believe
No, dead. A sad demise.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Old 26 July 2020, 09:57 PM   #86
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
No, dead. A sad demise.
dP
Sorry to hear that

When he started selling watches I bought a great Tudor sub from 1964 off home , was perfect
Old 26 July 2020, 10:46 PM   #87
VonSlingshot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaholic_user View Post
Tempoking has been kicked from the court for good.
Good.

The admins here need to keep this vigilance up.
If one is so cavalier to toss their rep over an $850 item...... well, let’s not even think of the possibilities above that pricepoint.

Thank you admins.
Old 26 July 2020, 11:52 PM   #88
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
Occam would disagree with this scenario.

I would now expect T, as the seller, to step up and shed more light on the history of this transaction?

Who us occam

Old 26 July 2020, 11:53 PM   #89
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
It looks as if the correct decision has now been made regarding Tempoking.

The ball is in now his court to sort out this situation with Jeff.

What decision was made re seller

Old 26 July 2020, 11:53 PM   #90
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Makes me think a 3rd party was involved here (and not a wayward customs agent. Has anyone actually heard of that happening?). Thats the only logical explanation for all of this.
Closed Thread