The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 30 November 2023, 08:02 AM   #1
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
My small collection of pens

Hi all,
I’m not into the pens game at all. I just want to share what luxury pens I have and would like to hear your opinion about them. Can you tell me also where are my pens classified in the pens manufacture hierarchy?

Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 11:17 AM   #2
SoylentGreenChi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, Rolex, Sinn
Both are Montblanc, so that would put them among the top of the hierarchy among mainstream pens. Given Montblanc’s status, the brand gets outsized amounts of haters are well as boosters - similar to Rolex. If both of those pens are ballpoint, rather than fountain pens, that would put you outside of most every enthusiast conversation from the jump.

Nice pens, btw, I have the one on the left in bright red. I like the design, but the ink flow is terrible (it’s a fountain pen).
SoylentGreenChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 04:37 PM   #3
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoylentGreenChi View Post
Both are Montblanc, so that would put them among the top of the hierarchy among mainstream pens. Given Montblanc’s status, the brand gets outsized amounts of haters are well as boosters - similar to Rolex. If both of those pens are ballpoint, rather than fountain pens, that would put you outside of most every enthusiast conversation from the jump.

Nice pens, btw, I have the one on the left in bright red. I like the design, but the ink flow is terrible (it’s a fountain pen).
Thank you
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 10:32 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I am a Mont Blanc fan and probably have 7-10 at any given time. Enjoy the look, feel and writing with them.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2023, 03:11 PM   #5
sah
"TRF" Member

Watch: OmegaPO, Sub
Quote:

Are you sure its a fountain pen? Looks like a roller ball (or ballpoint) which usually skips for me after a few weeks if it is a Montblanc refill. Would like to know how to get more mileage out of the $18 refill when cheaper ones last longer.
sah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2023, 11:19 PM   #6
SoylentGreenChi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, Rolex, Sinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sah View Post
Are you sure its a fountain pen? Looks like a roller ball (or ballpoint) which usually skips for me after a few weeks if it is a Montblanc refill. Would like to know how to get more mileage out of the $18 refill when cheaper ones last longer.
Yeah, it’s this model: https://penfabrik.com/en/products/mo...er-mark-newson

Runs super dry. Don’t know what’s wrong with your rollerball refills, that should be low to no maintenance.
SoylentGreenChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2023, 12:24 AM   #7
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
Quote:
Yeah, it’s this model: https://penfabrik.com/en/products/mo...er-mark-newson

Runs super dry. Don’t know what’s wrong with your rollerball refills, that should be low to no maintenance.
Try a wetter ink. The inks from Sailor or Pilot might help.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2023, 03:20 PM   #8
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Anyone have any info

on this Mont Blanc, I think I purchased it about 20 years ago or so, any thought appreciated.

Thanks

montblanc.jpg

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 12:31 PM   #9
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
on this Mont Blanc, I think I purchased it about 20 years ago or so, any thought appreciated.

Thanks

Attachment 1408344
That is a Montblanc Doue Ballpoint. Nice, nice pen. Sterling cap. New they sell retail for about $400.00 to $500.00.
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2024, 10:42 PM   #10
Rolexwatchman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1968 View Post
Hi all,
I’m not into the pens game at all. I just want to share what luxury pens I have and would like to hear your opinion about them. Can you tell me also where are my pens classified in the pens manufacture hierarchy?

Quite remarkable for just an admirer, great collection by the way.
Rolexwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2024, 01:45 PM   #11
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
I have a Starwalker midnight also. That was my first nice pen! Bought it from World Lux before they went out of business. It was on sale and I was in such a hot fizz to put in an order that I made sure I called right when they opened that morning. Out in the wild, that pen is pretty much the only one I see from my collection. I've heard good things about the Mark Newson "M". I've never handled one but it's supposed to be rather good. As far as the manufacturer hierarchy goes, the pen world is kind of weird. Your Montblancs very nice pens that can be used daily. I would rotate through all of my pens and use each daily for a full ink fill. I broke a spine on my Visconti Watermark and had to send it back to Italy for repair. Your Montblancs are pretty much bullet proof. You can use them with no fear and no one is going to hassle you for rocking a Montblanc. If they do, you're legally allowed to slap them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Starwalker.jpg (106.2 KB, 63 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote