The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 4 April 2021, 09:04 AM   #31
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by R44 View Post
If anyone wants to see what a NOS 16750 looks like I can post up a couple of pictures of mine. It’s a 1988 full set including original receipt. When I’ve shown it to people they have been gobsmacked by the condition and especially the sharpness of the case. Original green sticker still in place. Real NOS watches leave you in no doubt they have never been cleaned up / polished. I was offered a substantial amount for mine a couple of years back but didn’t want to sell. I’ve also got an immaculate matte 16750 (just the watch with no papers/ box) and I turned down €20,000 for that last year. I think the buyer was bored of looking for the right watch and being disappointed, I thought the offer was on the high side but couldn’t bring myself to sell it as it took quite a while to find.
Interested. why not. lets see.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2021, 09:59 AM   #32
rodisantos17
Banned

Watch: Rolex
At 20k it's a very good price, I would have sold it if I was in your shoes. But it's your choice though.
rodisantos17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2021, 11:46 AM   #33
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan4life View Post
Thank you for the feedback.

My search for a local 16700, 16710 or 16750 continues. It’s been a serious pain the ass, filled with sellers bullshit and missed by a hair bids.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The classic, stickered-up, unworn GMTs are out there. You just need to search harder.

I happened upon this 16700 for sale. From what I know, the seller has been around for a while too.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=756085

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2021, 05:02 AM   #34
R44
"TRF" Member

Pictures of my 16750 1988. May be useful to see what a NOS version of this model looks like. Good luck in the search if you're looking for one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16750 1988 2 RFS.jpg (139.2 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 16750 1988 RFS.jpg (137.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 16750 1988 3 RFS.jpg (148.0 KB, 96 views)
R44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 02:56 AM   #35
R44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodisantos17 View Post
At 20k it's a very good price, I would have sold it if I was in your shoes. But it's your choice though.
€20k offer was for my matte dial 16750 rather than the later 1988 one I've posted pictures up of. Certainly a strong offer but once you sell a watch that has been difficult and protracted to find you can't replace it with spending significant time and energy looking. Going back before I purchased the watch in the pictures I flew from the UK to Germany to buy / collect a full set 16750 that looked great in the detailed photos, it ended up being a wasted trip as when I looked over the watch I wasn't happy with the case.
R44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 03:39 AM   #36
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by R44 View Post
If anyone wants to see what a NOS 16750 looks like I can post up a couple of pictures of mine. It’s a 1988 full set including original receipt. When I’ve shown it to people they have been gobsmacked by the condition and especially the sharpness of the case. Original green sticker still in place. Real NOS watches leave you in no doubt they have never been cleaned up / polished. I was offered a substantial amount for mine a couple of years back but didn’t want to sell. I’ve also got an immaculate matte 16750 (just the watch with no papers/ box) and I turned down €20,000 for that last year. I think the buyer was bored of looking for the right watch and being disappointed, I thought the offer was on the high side but couldn’t bring myself to sell it as it took quite a while to find.
There isn't quite anything like a near mint, unpolished 16750 set - see here. Some detailed photos of your NOS 16750 set would be a nice addition to this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_8280sm.jpg (118.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Img_8309sm.jpg (60.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Img_8307sm.jpg (46.1 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Img_8285sm.jpg (58.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Img_8283sm.jpg (75.6 KB, 53 views)

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is online now   Reply With Quote