The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 April 2019, 07:54 PM   #1
Wingslogo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky Dweller
AD Review- Hamilton Jewelers (Princeton, NJ)

Hamilton Jewelers in Princeton New Jersey - it was very impressive they were having a big wedding band sale and the shop was full.

They had their Rolex case is fully stocked. They had several yachtMaster variations, a few a steel and gold pieces such as Daytona & sky dweller and a large variety of the date just models, presidents, day dates.

Possibly the most I’ve seen in one place ever.

I met David Kaster the vice president and he was very smooth we even went outside together to look at the sky dweller in natural sun light there were no high pressure sales tactics. They offered to clean my Submariner, drinks, etc.

Someone here on the forum told me to ask for Karen and they she was very appreciative I also met Yvonne. They offered their opinions on different pieces without being snooty or obnoxious.

They just had a welcoming presence I was on a very short time crunch but we made arrangements to possibly purchase a yacht Master for my wife. They were very accommodating.

———

I have the privilege to travel around almost every weekend to a different part of the country I make it a hobby to stop by local ADs and see what they have.

It is true I am seeing a lot of yacht masters hit the case but nothing else to exciting.

I have seen some very very bad ADs from Indiana to New York City AND even in my own backyard of Nashville they are awful.

Hamilton Jewelers - A family owned a business for over 100 years has two locations in Princeton New Jersey in Palm Beach Florida they absolutely deserve your business if you choose to go through an AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wingslogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 08:43 PM   #2
Stig722
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV - HULK
Went in there 3 weeks ago and asked to be added to the waiting list for a hulk. Basically laughed me out of the shop. Will never do business with them.
Stig722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 08:46 PM   #3
Wingslogo
"TRF" Member

Isn’t that amazing? How you can have two extreme different experiences?

I’ve been treated poorly in Nashville and few other locations; perhaps because I was interested in what they had in the case.

Old 14 April 2019, 10:47 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Thanks for the review.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 10:50 PM   #5
RichM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
Been there myself. Very nice folks. Never bought anything. Thanks for the review.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 10:56 PM   #6
MTBer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig722 View Post
Went in there 3 weeks ago and asked to be added to the waiting list for a hulk. Basically laughed me out of the shop. Will never do business with them.

Out of curiosity, when you went in and asked for the Hulk, were you wearing the one you already own?
MTBer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 10:58 PM   #7
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Bought a Panerai from them a long time ago. Very cordial experience.

They had a watch at their now closed Red Bank store which I bought on impulse. The next day, I noticed on the internet that it was advertised at a substantially lower price at one of their competitors. I went back and showed it to them. They matched the price. They said that they wanted a customer for life. I appreciated their prompt solution and I will continue to shop at their NJ and Florida stores.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 10:59 PM   #8
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
But no SS sports in stock. So what else is new. Clearly Rolex is forcing folks to buy TT or PM if they want a watch. Simple as that.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 11:16 PM   #9
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBer View Post
Out of curiosity, when you went in and asked for the Hulk, were you wearing the one you already own?
Sounds like he went in and without a prior relationship, expected to purchase a watch he could flip, and then was confused why they wouldn’t add him to a waiting list.

I’ve been to Hamilton for over a decade now and have always enjoyed purchasing from there. While it is a business, I’ve felt they have always treated me like family. In the suppy challenged times we’re in I think ADs are trying to balance between making their year and keeping their doors open, and also taking care of the existing clients who have always been there, but may not be “whales” per se. I have seen them do well in the latter, better than I’ve seen from other ADs.
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 11:33 PM   #10
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcash2 View Post
Hamilton Jewelers in Princeton New Jersey - it was very impressive they were having a big wedding band sale and the shop was full.

They had their Rolex case is fully stocked. They had several yachtMaster variations, a few a steel and gold pieces such as Daytona & sky dweller and a large variety of the date just models, presidents, day dates.

Possibly the most I’ve seen in one place ever.

I met David Kaster the vice president and he was very smooth we even went outside together to look at the sky dweller in natural sun light there were no high pressure sales tactics. They offered to clean my Submariner, drinks, etc.

Someone here on the forum told me to ask for Karen and they she was very appreciative I also met Yvonne. They offered their opinions on different pieces without being snooty or obnoxious.

They just had a welcoming presence I was on a very short time crunch but we made arrangements to possibly purchase a yacht Master for my wife. They were very accommodating.

———

I have the privilege to travel around almost every weekend to a different part of the country I make it a hobby to stop by local ADs and see what they have.

It is true I am seeing a lot of yacht masters hit the case but nothing else to exciting.

I have seen some very very bad ADs from Indiana to New York City AND even in my own backyard of Nashville they are awful.

Hamilton Jewelers - A family owned a business for over 100 years has two locations in Princeton New Jersey in Palm Beach Florida they absolutely deserve your business if you choose to go through an AD.

This is my AD and has been for a while. In addition, I find their service department to be top notch. They serviced my 16610, for under 900 bucks. They asked me about replacing the bezel and a polish, and things like that. I simply declined. 60 days later I had it back running +2 per day. About 8 months later it was running fast. I took it in, they kept a it for a couple days opened it up, checked it out. Diagnosis, magnetized. They took care of it, no charge. I took my wife’s concord (not bought there) and over the years replaced the entire movement twice (it was quartz) in the past 5 years. Also no charge.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 11:55 PM   #11
mlgonal
"TRF" Member

This is my AD as well. They are wonderful to deal with. I’ve bought multiple Cartier pieces, multiple Tags, fine jewelery, and my SS skydweller and SS ceramic Daytona there. Top notch shop. They treat you like family and are realistic with wait time expectations. Ask for Lauren.
mlgonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:09 AM   #12
WAK4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changing
Quote:
Curious how the interaction went.

I've been a customer of theirs for over 10 years and spent a decent chunk on Patek, AP and other brands in addition to Rolex, and it's a good place to deal with IMO. Courteous, professional, and fair.

Even if truly laughed out of the store, I'd appreciate the honesty. They could easily take your name and toss it right after you leave.

Have to understand their side as well....how many random people call in or stop by asking for the same thing? I can tell you it is a lot. Common for me to be in the store and see it.

They are as frustrated as we are over the lack of inventory. Even with my history I have yet to get a whiff of when my SS Pepsi may arrive. Sucks, but it's the world we are in now.
WAK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:27 AM   #13
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

It must have been your charming southern drawl. When I asked about purchasing a 43k Patek Philippe I got the bs line of have you ever done business with us before. Since the answer was no I was felt like an outcast.
10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:30 AM   #14
casadecamporolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
I am also very familiar with Hamilton Jewelers in Princeton; they are a fourth generation business owned by the Siegel family. I purchased a Rolex watch years ago from Marty and have met his son Hank. They are fair, honest and reputable.
casadecamporolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:41 AM   #15
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Why are you reviewing multiple AD's here on TRF at the same time in different parts of the country ????

Save your reviews for yelp - This is not what TRF is about
Duey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:41 AM   #16
WAK4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
, I find their service department to be top notch. .
Great point, and one I failed to point out in my other post.

Fantastic folks on the service team
WAK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:48 AM   #17
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
I think the folks there are nice. Ive not bought anything from there yet but would like to
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:49 AM   #18
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Hamilton is a class act from top to bottom. From President to Manager to SA. They stand toe to toe with any Rolex AD in the country IMO in terms of professionalism, honesty, customer service, and navigating these odd times. They do their best to sniff out flippers and perhaps this is the reason for some of the negative views on this thread (not saying posters are flippers). Like most smaller market family-owned ADs, I suspect they prefer to play the long game and develop long term clients, favoring locals (however that is defined).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:55 AM   #19
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

They are not my nearest AD in NJ, but I have been to their Princeton location to have a Panerai serviced that had been magnetized. They actually needed to send it out to Panerai. They were extremely responsive and despite it being a relatively simple fix on their part, they went above and beyond to make sure it was performed properly.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:57 AM   #20
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
I have made several purchases from Hamilton Jewelers, and agree with most of the posters; they are friendly and professional. I have always felt welcome and never experienced any snobbery.
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:59 AM   #21
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Hamilton is a class act from top to bottom. From President to Manager to SA. They stand toe to toe with any Rolex AD in the country IMO in terms of professionalism, honesty, customer service, and navigating these odd times. They do their best to sniff out flippers and perhaps this is the reason for some of the negative views on this thread (not saying posters are flippers). Like most smaller market family-owned ADs, I suspect they prefer to play the long game and develop long term clients, favoring locals (however that is defined).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree with your assessment. There are plenty of genuine bad experiences, but most I have come across come down to an individual salesperson or the mindset of larger chain ADs. I have been fortunate in that in all the places I have lived, they have been family owned and easy to deal with. That said, I haven't been in an AD since the stainless steel shortage really got bad. ADs are in a position in the US they have not been in before. Things also may return to the way they were. Other ADs may regret the manner in which some customers have been treated during this "shortage" if things trend in another direction.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 01:02 AM   #22
Wingslogo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duey View Post
Why are you reviewing multiple AD's here on TRF at the same time in different parts of the country ????

Save your reviews for yelp - This is not what TRF is about

Duey- I travel every weekend. I rely on the forum for people to share their experiences and tell me who to ask for.

I have purchased 3 Rolex in the past year.

I love reading the posts when others post about their experiences. I thought I would share mine.

A few days ago I was in NYC and there have been dozens and dozens of posts from people asking about where to shop in NYC

If I can help someone by sharing my experience, I would be happy.

If the moderators want to flag my posts, that is fine. In the meantime, I think you should skip my posts when they are reviews. I’m sorry they upset you!

Old 15 April 2019, 04:59 PM   #23
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Haven’t you already got one?
Also what purchase history do you have with this AD?
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 09:40 PM   #24
1kw
"TRF" Member

Have purchased several rolex, panera, beitling watches, Yurman and diamond jewelery (for wife) here over the years however when I go in now I can't get any of the rolex models I would want. Even though I have spent 6 figures here , there attitude is what have you purchased recently in the last year. So I walk in and walk out because they refuse to sell me what I would want. I think your better off buying from the grey dealers than buying pieces you don't really want just to get what you want. The sales people there are snobish which I don't get because they can't afford what they are trying to sell.
1kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 11:26 PM   #25
jeffnnj
"TRF" Member

ADs are like online dating sites. You walk in and happen to purchase a Sub on your first visit and they’re great. I was on match.com for a long time. Sucked. Met my fiancée and I have to tell you, the site was amazing :)

jeffnnj is offline   Reply With Quote