The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 July 2017, 02:36 AM   #31
Leeq
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=Scout77;7737317]

The strap looks SO GOOD on your watch. So clean and sporty love it!
Leeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2017, 11:00 AM   #32
Scout77
"TRF" Member

Thanks leeq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scout77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2017, 12:57 AM   #33
c_robbs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by presario View Post
Hey Scout77,

I had the same issue. When I first purchased the velcro Rubber B strap, I wanted to return it because it would snag on clothes and rip the flap open. And I had HUGE doubts about wearing it around my 18-month-old daughter.

But I loved the idea. Because I have small wrists, it's been very difficult for me to find the perfect fit with rubber tang buckles. I have the Rubber B tang was well and it's either too tight or too loose because of the spacing of the holes. Also, I HATE the long overhang of extra strap that is visible to me when I look at my watch, again, due to my small wrists.

So I had massively high hopes that the velcro Rubber B strap was the perfect option for me.

After trying the Rubber B velcro on my SD4K, I instantly fell in love with it. I got the perfect fit with infinite adjustments with no ugly overhang. But Rubber B did overlook one small and easy safety feature that would ensure worry free enjoyment of the strap - a KEEPER.

So I took one of the keepers off my Rubber B tang strap and added it to my velcro strap and BOOM, I found my perfect strap. You kinda have to stretch the keeper a little to engage it but after it's on, it's rock solid. Also, the fit of the keeper that sandwiches the two straps and velcro is actually perfect so the keeper doesn't slider around at all. I love it so much that I just ordered my second velcro strap for my 5 digit watches and asked them to include a keeper.

I'd call RubberB and ask them to send you a rubber keeper as well. After you install it, all your worries will be over. I absolutely love my RubberB velcro strap now. It's like I have a rubber velcro glidelock!

Pictures don't seem to do the strap justice. Nice!!!
c_robbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2017, 06:52 PM   #34
fmc000
Banned

Quote:

Just... perfect!
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2017, 05:01 AM   #35
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout77 View Post
I love the super clean, sleek and "professional" look. However, I'd be too scared of wearing my YM and SD43 on one of these. I'd be constantly scared of losing the watch and that would ruin the experience.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 01:26 PM   #36
Fearesq
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
I love the super clean, sleek and "professional" look. However, I'd be too scared of wearing my YM and SD43 on one of these. I'd be constantly scared of losing the watch and that would ruin the experience.
Why?
Fearesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 03:36 PM   #37
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearesq View Post
Why?
Velcros don't feel secure, they end up losing their binding properties and become too easy to peel off as they get dirty.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 06:03 PM   #38
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
These pix are amazing. Question: I got a rubber b strap for my yachtmaster today (after reading up on it on these forum threads.

I just went through the black cardboard envelope again and can't find any spring bars? Should I contact rubber b? I'm new at this strap changing business and frankly skittish about scratching my watch in the process and want to use he right equipment (waiting on delivery of Bergeon pliers) and the exact right materials from rubber b.
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 06:39 PM   #39
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstan9 View Post
These pix are amazing. Question: I got a rubber b strap for my yachtmaster today (after reading up on it on these forum threads.

I just went through the black cardboard envelope again and can't find any spring bars? Should I contact rubber b? I'm new at this strap changing business and frankly skittish about scratching my watch in the process and want to use he right equipment (waiting on delivery of Bergeon pliers) and the exact right materials from rubber b.
You use the original Rolex springbars with your YM. Only the SD4K needs replacement springbars

Tape up the top, side and bottom of the lugs with electricians tape or masking tape before removing the bracelet and fitting the rubber strap.

Split the bracelet at the clasp first, place the watch crystal down on a soft surface with the bracelet extended, use the pliars to compress the spring bar and slide the watch head slowly away from the end link keeping the pliars stable and compressed (don't pull the end link away from the watch head) and you'll be fine

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 10:49 PM   #40
dr35mm
"TRF" Member

Watch: BB58
Quote:

What YM is it? Would love to see some pics when you're done, you know, enabling pics

Present: BB58 | BB36 | GMW-B5000D-1JF | 6900-PT80

Past: 16610LN | 16622 | 116610LN | 214270
dr35mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 11:00 PM   #41
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr35mm View Post
What YM is it? Would love to see some pics when you're done, you know, enabling pics

Here's my 17 year-old 35mm SS/PL Yacht-Master. Can't wait to get the Rubber B on it and share pictures!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6248.jpg (276.5 KB, 509 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6223.jpg (259.3 KB, 513 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6238.jpg (279.8 KB, 513 views)
Old 22 August 2017, 11:03 PM   #42
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
You use the original Rolex springbars with your YM. Only the SD4K needs replacement springbars

Tape up the top, side and bottom of the lugs with electricians tape or masking tape before removing the bracelet and fitting the rubber strap.

Split the bracelet at the clasp first, place the watch crystal down on a soft surface with the bracelet extended, use the pliars to compress the spring bar and slide the watch head slowly away from the end link keeping the pliars stable and compressed (don't pull the end link away from the watch head) and you'll be fine
This is tremendously helpful advice. Still waiting on the pliers : ( but will post pix once I've got the new strap on my faithful and beautiful Yacht-Master!

Many thanks!
Old 22 August 2017, 11:40 PM   #43
dr35mm
"TRF" Member

Watch: BB58
Quote:
Here's my 17 year-old 35mm SS/PL Yacht-Master. Can't wait to get the Rubber B on it and share pictures!

Looks great! It's always nice to meet a fellow Yachtmaster fan. Mine is 13 y/o and its the 40mm. Here's with oyster and with everest tang buckle. Still find myself curious of the velcro.

Present: BB58 | BB36 | GMW-B5000D-1JF | 6900-PT80

Past: 16610LN | 16622 | 116610LN | 214270
dr35mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 11:53 PM   #44
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr35mm View Post
Looks great! It's always nice to meet a fellow Yachtmaster fan. Mine is 13 y/o and its the 40mm. Here's with oyster and with everest tang buckle. Still find myself curious of the velcro.

I love the SS/PL Yacht-Master. The tone on tone, the perfect hint of red, the way the dial looks flat in some light and glitters in the sun. My BLNR screams bling "Rolex" but the yachtmaster flies under the radar, noticed only by fans, in my experience.

Seeing yours on the Rubber b band makes me all the more impatient!

: )

Old 22 August 2017, 11:55 PM   #45
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:

One more (I'm sure dumb : ) question. I do crossfit and use athletic tape to protect my wedding ring from scratches. It's thicker and more pliable than masking tape and pulls off with no residue. I'm assuming this will work just as well?

Old 23 August 2017, 12:13 AM   #46
luvan12
"TRF" Member

I ordered one last week and am excited to receive it! Such a well put together product.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Velcro .jpg (67.6 KB, 489 views)
luvan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2017, 12:17 AM   #47
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
One more (I'm sure dumb : ) question. I do crossfit and use athletic tape to protect my wedding ring from scratches. It's thicker and more pliable than masking tape and pulls off with no residue. I'm assuming this will work just as well?

Probably - although I'm not familiar with that lind of tape

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2017, 10:41 AM   #48
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Rubber B Velcro

Quote:
Probably - although I'm not familiar with that lind of tape

I couldn't wait for the pliers (they're still en route from Switzerland--an eBay purchase) so I asked my AD if they wouldn't mind. My rep, Mario at Shreve & Co here in San Francisco graciously agreed to help me out (I've had my Yacht-Master for 17 years -- I don't change straps often : )

As usual, the super pro team at Shreve & Co. couldn't have been nicer and I got to watch a process that was, as I expected from these forum threads, more involved and technically difficult than I think this newbie could've easily done.

Here's my 'new' 17 year-old Rolex!

Old 24 August 2017, 11:21 AM   #49
fania123
"TRF" Member

Looks great, although I could never see myself removing the oyster bracelet.
fania123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2017, 01:23 PM   #50
osamu
"TRF" Member

Cool, I haven't heard too much about the velcro strap, definitely i'd consider it should I buy another Rubber B. Anyone else request a keeper for the strap? that seems almost a necessity.

I have the tang version of the Rubber B but with an aftermarket deployant on my 16570. I never cared for the look of the Rubber B with the 5-digit clasp, since it has the extra link on there, and makes switching back easier. I do have a similar problem where it's a bit too loose/tight depending on which hole i'm at, but with a rubber strap it doesn't slide around too much that I don't mind it a bit loose compared to a bracelet where I really need a perfect fit.
osamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2017, 02:30 PM   #51
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fania123 View Post
Looks great, although I could never see myself removing the oyster bracelet.
I thought that too for 17 years! : )

It was these forums that taught me, hey, if I don't like it that stunning SS bracelet can be put right back on. So why not?

It's only been a few hours but I love the new feeling of my trusty rolex.

I've also noticed how much that oyster bracelet weighs! It's a substantial part of the watch. The rubber b bracelet make the watch feel much lighter on the wrist (and I never felt the SS bracelet was heavy). Just a fun, fresh way to make an old dear friend new again.
Old 24 August 2017, 02:32 PM   #52
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I thought that too for 17 years! : )

It was these forums that taught me, hey, if I don't like it that stunning SS bracelet can be put right back on. So why not?

It's only been a few hours but I love the new feeling of my trusty rolex.

I've also noticed how much that oyster bracelet weighs! It's a substantial part of the watch. The rubber b bracelet make the watch feel much lighter on the wrist (and I never felt the SS bracelet was heavy). Just a fun, fresh way to make an old dear friend new again.
And just to clarify, I didn't photograph it but mine is a tang clasp, not Velcro. Velcro isn't an option for my 35mm yachtmaster.
Old 31 August 2017, 08:02 AM   #53
genta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey Scout77,

I had the same issue. When I first purchased the velcro Rubber B strap, I wanted to return it because it would snag on clothes and rip the flap open. And I had HUGE doubts about wearing it around my 18-month-old daughter.

But I loved the idea. Because I have small wrists, it's been very difficult for me to find the perfect fit with rubber tang buckles. I have the Rubber B tang was well and it's either too tight or too loose because of the spacing of the holes. Also, I HATE the long overhang of extra strap that is visible to me when I look at my watch, again, due to my small wrists.

So I had massively high hopes that the velcro Rubber B strap was the perfect option for me.

After trying the Rubber B velcro on my SD4K, I instantly fell in love with it. I got the perfect fit with infinite adjustments with no ugly overhang. But Rubber B did overlook one small and easy safety feature that would ensure worry free enjoyment of the strap - a KEEPER.

So I took one of the keepers off my Rubber B tang strap and added it to my velcro strap and BOOM, I found my perfect strap. You kinda have to stretch the keeper a little to engage it but after it's on, it's rock solid. Also, the fit of the keeper that sandwiches the two straps and velcro is actually perfect so the keeper doesn't slider around at all. I love it so much that I just ordered my second velcro strap for my 5 digit watches and asked them to include a keeper.

I'd call RubberB and ask them to send you a rubber keeper as well. After you install it, all your worries will be over. I absolutely love my RubberB velcro strap now. It's like I have a rubber velcro glidelock!

Hi Presario!

Thx to you, I referred to this thread and asked RubberB to include a keeper/loop when purchasing a velcro strap. No problems! Delivered from Miami (?) to Norway in only two days!!! = happy customer:)

genta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2017, 01:41 AM   #54
Lew_greene
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvan12 View Post
I ordered one last week and am excited to receive it! Such a well put together product.
This looks super nice. When I first learned about rubber straps it was through Everest but it's clear that Rubber B has versatility in the products that they offer.
Lew_greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2017, 06:23 AM   #55
oneilchris555
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wow, this strap looks extremely well put together. Hope your enjoying it!
oneilchris555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2017, 12:34 AM   #56
heng51
"TRF" Member

Rubber B is my favorite out of all rubber strap brands. They are impeccable with design and comfort.
heng51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 02:12 PM   #57
Scout77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genta View Post
Hi Presario!

Thx to you, I referred to this thread and asked RubberB to include a keeper/loop when purchasing a velcro strap. No problems! Delivered from Miami (?) to Norway in only two days!!! = happy customer:)

Fantastic! And what a Stunning watch to wear it on

Scout77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2017, 05:20 AM   #58
luvan12
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Just a quick update that my RB velcro came in! It bought my old sub back to life, super comfy especially when I'm playing golf.
luvan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 08:58 AM   #59
Limestonedan
"TRF" Member

Velcro set up looks great along with keeper. Curious, has anyone thought of the original Rolex Clasp option for RubberB? Or is the reason folks don’t is because it’s a pain to remove clasp from bracelet and re-attach to RubberB?
Limestonedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 11:06 PM   #60
Subbydreamer
"TRF" Member

how big is your wrist bro?
Subbydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote