The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 June 2017, 06:49 AM   #1
Scout77
"TRF" Member

Rubber B Velcro

Hi all . I just want to see if anyone out there has any experience with the new rubber B Velcro strap ? I recently received one as a birthday gift . I had wanted a rubber B strap for my sub for a while and seeing the new high tech Velcro strap on their website I thought it might be a good option , so asked for one for my birthday, It was interesting and different concept .. but I have to say I am so disappointed in the product . It peels open so easily , when removing my jacket , taking off my jumper , the Velcro catches and simply peels open ...I nearly lost my watch off my wrist on day one , it was on my watch fir 2 days before I took it off completely.

I then contacted Rubber b to see if they may allow me to exchange my strap for a tang buckle . Explaining it was a gift. Their reply was no as the strap had been worn . And I should try turning the strap around . They then attached pictures of Raphael nadal wearing the strap in some sort of wankey statement of the products quality ....

I have to say after all the hype , this product is a total gimmick and a colossal rip off , Followed up by lame customer service .

Anyone had a similar experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scout77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 08:40 AM   #2
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout77 View Post
Hi all . I just want to see if anyone out there has any experience with the new rubber B Velcro strap ? I recently received one as a birthday gift . I had wanted a rubber B strap for my sub for a while and seeing the new high tech Velcro strap on their website I thought it might be a good option , so asked for one for my birthday, It was interesting and different concept .. but I have to say I am so disappointed in the product . It peels open so easily , when removing my jacket , taking off my jumper , the Velcro catches and simply peels open ...I nearly lost my watch off my wrist on day one , it was on my watch fir 2 days before I took it off completely.

I then contacted Rubber b to see if they may allow me to exchange my strap for a tang buckle . Explaining it was a gift. Their reply was no as the strap had been worn . And I should try turning the strap around . They then attached pictures of Raphael nadal wearing the strap in some sort of wankey statement of the products quality ....

I have to say after all the hype , this product is a total gimmick and a colossal rip off , Followed up by lame customer service .

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks for the heads up; will steer clear of this option.
imperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 01:22 PM   #3
Santiago79
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner a
Love Mine

I guess everyone is different. I wore my Deepsea on vacation on a Rubber B Velcro recently and LOVED it. It never felt like it wanted to open even when swimming. Thank goodness! I am very happy with the comfort of it as well.

I'm just guessing, but, it sounds like you may have one size too big, which I can imagine would leave the tip sticking out a bit. That might be why your strap catches and opens. I thought of this when I was reading your post, because my Velcro strap does not have any hangover. The tip stays down on the soft part.

Anyway, here a few pics...
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_7560.PNG (107.4 KB, 2469 views)
File Type: png IMG_7559.PNG (106.3 KB, 2476 views)
File Type: png IMG_7556.PNG (106.5 KB, 2467 views)
Santiago79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 02:07 PM   #4
presario
"TRF" Member

Hey Scout77,

I had the same issue. When I first purchased the velcro Rubber B strap, I wanted to return it because it would snag on clothes and rip the flap open. And I had HUGE doubts about wearing it around my 18-month-old daughter.

But I loved the idea. Because I have small wrists, it's been very difficult for me to find the perfect fit with rubber tang buckles. I have the Rubber B tang was well and it's either too tight or too loose because of the spacing of the holes. Also, I HATE the long overhang of extra strap that is visible to me when I look at my watch, again, due to my small wrists.

So I had massively high hopes that the velcro Rubber B strap was the perfect option for me.

After trying the Rubber B velcro on my SD4K, I instantly fell in love with it. I got the perfect fit with infinite adjustments with no ugly overhang. But Rubber B did overlook one small and easy safety feature that would ensure worry free enjoyment of the strap - a KEEPER.

So I took one of the keepers off my Rubber B tang strap and added it to my velcro strap and BOOM, I found my perfect strap. You kinda have to stretch the keeper a little to engage it but after it's on, it's rock solid. Also, the fit of the keeper that sandwiches the two straps and velcro is actually perfect so the keeper doesn't slider around at all. I love it so much that I just ordered my second velcro strap for my 5 digit watches and asked them to include a keeper.

I'd call RubberB and ask them to send you a rubber keeper as well. After you install it, all your worries will be over. I absolutely love my RubberB velcro strap now. It's like I have a rubber velcro glidelock!

Old 15 June 2017, 03:33 PM   #5
Scout77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by presario View Post
Hey Scout77,

I had the same issue. When I first purchased the velcro Rubber B strap, I wanted to return it because it would snag on clothes and rip the flap open. And I had HUGE doubts about wearing it around my 18-month-old daughter.

But I loved the idea. Because I have small wrists, it's been very difficult for me to find the perfect fit with rubber tang buckles. I have the Rubber B tang was well and it's either too tight or too loose because of the spacing of the holes. Also, I HATE the long overhang of extra strap that is visible to me when I look at my watch, again, due to my small wrists.

So I had massively high hopes that the velcro Rubber B strap was the perfect option for me.

After trying the Rubber B velcro on my SD4K, I instantly fell in love with it. I got the perfect fit with infinite adjustments with no ugly overhang. But Rubber B did overlook one small and easy safety feature that would ensure worry free enjoyment of the strap - a KEEPER.

So I took one of the keepers off my Rubber B tang strap and added it to my velcro strap and BOOM, I found my perfect strap. You kinda have to stretch the keeper a little to engage it but after it's on, it's rock solid. Also, the fit of the keeper that sandwiches the two straps and velcro is actually perfect so the keeper doesn't slider around at all. I love it so much that I just ordered my second velcro strap for my 5 digit watches and asked them to include a keeper.

I'd call RubberB and ask them to send you a rubber keeper as well. After you install it, all your worries will be over. I absolutely love my RubberB velcro strap now. It's like I have a rubber velcro glidelock!

That's a fantastic solution ! How didn't I think of that 🤦*♂️thanks for sharing . Hopefully they'll still sell me one after the rather shitty email I sent them earlier 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Old 15 June 2017, 03:33 PM   #6
mtb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky/Sea/Land
Hi,

May I check if it was the V113CD you have there, and if you are using aftermarket springbars?

Quote:
After trying the Rubber B velcro on my SD4K, I instantly fell in love with it.
mtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 03:56 PM   #7
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:
Hopefully they'll still sell me one after the rather shitty email I sent them earlier 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Hopefully you get it squared away
Bigsykedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 04:28 PM   #8
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...Your Thoughts
Velcro is a "Rip - Off"... but in a good way...
Seriously it does look comfortable. If Richard Mille can "pull it off", why not ?
brmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 04:47 PM   #9
presario
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's a fantastic solution ! How didn't I think of that ��*♂️thanks for sharing . Hopefully they'll still sell me one after the rather shitty email I sent them earlier ��*♂️��*♂️

Haha, thanks! Dang, sorry to hear they sent you a nasty email. I hope they do the right thing and send you a keeper. They should ship all of them with a keeper from now on.
Old 15 June 2017, 04:52 PM   #10
presario
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb View Post
Hi,

May I check if it was the V113CD you have there, and if you are using aftermarket springbars?
I'm using the V113 - A/1 size. It's the XS option. I have 6.25" wrists and was right at the cutoff for XS to S. Because I didn't want overhang, I went with the XS. Works perfectly for my wrist size.

Also, I'm using the springbars that RubberB provides with each strap they sell. Hope that helps!
Old 15 June 2017, 04:53 PM   #11
presario
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmeyers View Post
Velcro is a "Rip - Off"... but in a good way...
Seriously it does look comfortable. If Richard Mille can "pull it off", why not ?
Haha, I agree!
Old 15 June 2017, 07:34 PM   #12
Scout77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm using the V113 - A/1 size. It's the XS option. I have 6.25" wrists and was right at the cutoff for XS to S. Because I didn't want overhang, I went with the XS. Works perfectly for my wrist size.

Also, I'm using the springbars that RubberB provides with each strap they sell. Hope that helps!

I didn't get any spring bars with my strap ?? Am I missing something?

Old 15 June 2017, 08:25 PM   #13
presario
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I didn't get any spring bars with my strap ?? Am I missing something?

You're supposed to. It comes attached to the Rubber B sticker seal in a little tiny bag. It might have fallen off and floating around the bottom of the black cardboard envelop. But you should have gotten a pair.
Old 15 June 2017, 09:31 PM   #14
mtb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky/Sea/Land
Rubber B Velcro

So far I am only aware of thinner springbars supplied for SD, but not other models, as they use the same endlink design as Daytona (CD version, with a white dot marked on the endlinks) for the SD to accommodate the tight tolerance.
mtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2017, 02:04 AM   #15
presario
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb View Post
So far I am only aware of thinner springbars supplied for SD, but not other models, as they use the same endlink design as Daytona (CD version, with a white dot marked on the endlinks) for the SD to accommodate the tight tolerance.
Ahh that makes sense. I get my 5 digit reference Rubber B Velcro tomorrow so I'll double check. Thanks!
Old 16 June 2017, 02:58 AM   #16
dr35mm
"TRF" Member

Watch: BB58
I enjoy wearing my YM on rubber, actually I've been using it more on rubber than oyster. Big time Everest band fan but maaan that velcro looks amazing! I bet fit and comfort are out of this world!

Present: BB58 | BB36 | GMW-B5000D-1JF | 6900-PT80

Past: 16610LN | 16622 | 116610LN | 214270
dr35mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2017, 05:38 AM   #17
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I like the concept but I wear my Rolex in the shower and would assume Velcro would retain moisture longer. I do love my rubber b though.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2017, 06:41 AM   #18
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Thanks for the post, I've been thinking about one of these....
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2017, 10:11 AM   #19
ttomczak
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: The Beach
I saw these, but I am worried about the eventuality of Velcro wearing out... And it does after a while...

If you wind it, it tells pretty good time
(Paul Newman)
ttomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2017, 06:38 AM   #20
sager
"TRF" Member

Rubber B Velcro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttomczak View Post
I saw these, but I am worried about the eventuality of Velcro wearing out... And it does after a while...

Looks very interesting and comfortable to me as well. I'm sure the velcro will wear out eventually but I assume it will take at least 5 years until it wears out?

Correct?

sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2017, 10:59 AM   #21
Scout77
"TRF" Member

Topic update ... after contacting Rubber B again, and explaining the solution provided to me on this forum . They kindly agreed to send me 2 Rubber B "keepers", this should hopefully stop the strap catching and all will be well again . Thanks Rubber B & Thanks again forum folk

Old 18 June 2017, 11:04 AM   #22
UnicoJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Always!
So bottom line question for those Rubber B owners who've had both....Rubber B tang or velcro?
UnicoJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2017, 11:22 AM   #23
Scout77
"TRF" Member

I will be interested to see the answer , I guess it'll come down to different strokes for different folks , I will only be able to speak on the Velcro strap once I've worn it a little longer with the new set up . Will post another update in a couple of weeks .

Old 18 June 2017, 11:27 AM   #24
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicoJG View Post
So bottom line question for those Rubber B owners who've had both....Rubber B tang or velcro?
I liked tang
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 10:25 AM   #25
Scout77
"TRF" Member

Well after now wearing by sub with my Rubber B for the last couple of weeks ... I have to say it is the most comfortable strap I have worn the watch on,to date . After my initial disappointment with the Velcro strap coming undone when taking off a jacket or sweater , I was given an elegant solution on the forum , of using a keeper . Rubber b kindly sent my a couple and now I can enjoy the strap in confidence. I guess the up shot is , with this strap , sizing is especially important.if it's too big the tip catches and you'll need a keeper . It's true the watch won't fall of the wrist , the strap will catch on the titanium loop, but still ... you don't want it to come undone at all really ! Any way I'm waffling ... upshot is comfortable strap , a bit over priced , but then again we all bought rolex so can't really moan about that... it has to be worn with either the original spring bars or correct size diameter replacements for a perfect fit otherwise there is a little space in the connection. I like the look of the Velcro over the tang now ,but still can't beat the security of the buckle I think . and am happy to wear my watch on this strap confidently now daily :) I can honestly say I love it

Old 8 July 2017, 10:26 AM   #26
Scout77
"TRF" Member

Old 8 July 2017, 11:37 AM   #27
dr35mm
"TRF" Member

Watch: BB58
Looks great! I'll wait for a red one!!

Present: BB58 | BB36 | GMW-B5000D-1JF | 6900-PT80

Past: 16610LN | 16622 | 116610LN | 214270
dr35mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2017, 10:54 PM   #28
thg
"TRF" Member

Watch: THC & THBB
Nice! I love the Velcro option unfortunately only available for Rolex. I got the one made for Tudor and fixed the OEM deployant buckle to it and am very happy with looks and fit. Don't recall seeing any springbars, will recheck the plastic and black package sit came in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2017, 02:09 AM   #29
lopez784
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many
I have the GMT master 2 and bought the velcro for it and it fits beautifully. Rubber B made that watch strap with great quality.
lopez784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2017, 01:29 PM   #30
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Cool strap but there is no way in heck I would be in the water with a velcro strap. Every velcro strap I have ever owned the velcro either wears out or fills up with fuss so it stops grabbing like it should.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote