The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 9 September 2017, 04:38 PM   #1
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Radiomir Firenze Acciaio Florence Boutique Edition

Traditionally I've always been a Luminor type of guy.

Maybe its just the small child deep down somewhere inside of me but whatever it is I just love the interaction with the pull down lever and the oversized cog wheel winder every couple of days - oh, and it looks freakin' awesome too - bonus!

Never really bothered with Radiomir's much, pretty much because of the reason above, just thought of them as sort of 'ok, but not for me thanks' kind of thing.

That opinion changed quite dramatically recently when I stumbled across an internet pic of the Radiomir Firenze Acciaio PAM00672 - WOW!

What an absolute beauty!!!

Unfortunately, I have to accept that this piece will never sit in my humble watch box as its limited to 99 pieces and only available through the Florence boutique, the spiritual home of Panerai.

The case work is hand engraved, so each one of the 99 pieces will be totally unique.

The P3000 hand wound movement has been completely reworked and embellished with ornate designs to compliment the detailed case work - although I am not suggesting for one moment the movement has been hand engraved, but it still looks amazing.

The dial has a fantastic sunburst effect and is a really unusual colour. Not really sure what colour it (grey, charcoal??) but it is stunning none the less.

Little details like the Fleur-de-lis design on the dial and repeated on the gorgeous dark brown calf leather strap make this watch even more special in my eyes.

Just wondered if any forum members had first hand experience with this piece - either through owning one or actually seeing one in the flesh at the Florence boutique?

Would be interesting to hear your comments.

Because of this watch, my opinion generally of the Radiomir range has changed completely.

I even fancy a 690 now as a possible next purchase as that sunburst dial really hits the spot!

More in depth info on this gorgeous 672 can be found on the Panerai website

http://www.panerai.com/en/boutique-s..._pam00672.html

Regards

Attached Images
File Type: png 1319678_png_adapt_880_521.png (68.3 KB, 257 views)
File Type: png 1319681_png_adapt_880_521.png (163.4 KB, 259 views)
File Type: png 1319680_png_adapt_880_521.png (143.3 KB, 263 views)
File Type: png 1319677_png_adapt_880_521.png (209.4 KB, 264 views)
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2017, 04:46 PM   #2
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Beautiful hand-made engraving ensuring that each piece is unique.

As for your upcoming watch quest, to me, a Radiomir has wire lugs, like the 672. The 1940 Rads are quite nice, and the 690 is absolutely amazing, but it's basically a Luminor without the crown guard. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that they are not the same.

Good luck with the hunt.
Cru Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2017, 06:46 PM   #3
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Beautiful hand-made engraving ensuring that each piece is unique.

As for your upcoming watch quest, to me, a Radiomir has wire lugs, like the 672. The 1940 Rads are quite nice, and the 690 is absolutely amazing, but it's basically a Luminor without the crown guard. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that they are not the same.

Good luck with the hunt.
Fair point about the wire lugs - like I say, Id not previously shown much interest in Radiomir's generally.

You make a good point and I must confess its not something Id even considered regards what constitutes a true Radiomir but its a valid argument and one I will take on board.

This is why I love TRF generally, members like your good self pointing out little details I would otherwise not pick up on.

Thanks
Old 9 September 2017, 07:59 PM   #4
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I'm new to Panerai but il chime in. I think the 672 is a beauty and I admire the artistry that goes into the engraving. I'm not sure it would be for me though ... I'd have to see it in the metal. I'd prefer it if the movement was engraved but not the entire case, but again, I'd have to see it.

What I do love about the reference is the sandwich dial with Fleur de lis and Firenze for its historic reference

I'll be in Florence in 2 weeks and hope to drop by the boutique ... Maybe they'll have one to look at
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2017, 10:39 PM   #5
nick c
Banned

Love that piece! Work of art.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2017, 10:44 PM   #6
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post

Good luck with the hunt.
Agree with this....had a 662, thought i'd love it and it turns out i'm not a fan of the 1940's case. problem solved as i sold it and bought a 249, much better.

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2017, 10:52 PM   #7
Maltie
"TRF" Member

Beautifully done, but a bit too much for my taste
Maltie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2017, 03:21 PM   #8
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I'm new to Panerai but il chime in. I think the 672 is a beauty and I admire the artistry that goes into the engraving. I'm not sure it would be for me though ... I'd have to see it in the metal. I'd prefer it if the movement was engraved but not the entire case, but again, I'd have to see it.

What I do love about the reference is the sandwich dial with Fleur de lis and Firenze for its historic reference

I'll be in Florence in 2 weeks and hope to drop by the boutique ... Maybe they'll have one to look at
Please post pics if you do go there. Even if they don't have a 672, just take some general shots of the place - its supposed to be an amazing boutique.

regards
Old 10 September 2017, 06:46 PM   #9
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
Please post pics if you do go there. Even if they don't have a 672, just take some general shots of the place - its supposed to be an amazing boutique.

regards
I sure will

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2017, 05:54 AM   #10
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Pretty amazing craftsmanship for sure
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2017, 12:35 PM   #11
Preeble
"TRF" Member

Very nice watch - the 604 from a couple of years ago was similar and I guess they sold pretty well since they released another engraved watch. These are pricey for sure, but very nice/unique.
Preeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 11:52 AM   #12
wach16
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228239, PAM00684
I love the engraving on the movement...could stare at that all day long

Rolex 228239
PAM00684
wach16 is offline   Reply With Quote