The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 4 September 2011, 04:41 PM   #1
Tommysol
"TRF" Member

PAM 339 Rumors - Come on guys enough is enough!

Not one OWNER has reported any problems. If they have a problem and talked to Panerai about it...why is no owner reporting their findings?

The only thing I have seen is a little white residue on the case after wearing. Possibly more noticeable because the entire case is brown composite? Watches get dirt and residue on them all the time...they simply wipe off and nobody makes a big deal about it.

Did anyone simply wash the watch and then report the findings?

Did you know if you take a pencil eraser and rub it on a Panerai titanium watch case that it will turn a little milky white for a while..until you wash it and let it oxidize. Then it looks normal. So should Panerai issue a bulletin saying that be careful around pencil erasers?

The Panerai "service bulletin" pictures that were circulating were more bogus than a $3 bill!

It amazes me that Panerai collectors who do not own the watch and have never seen anything other than a few pictures...jump to these ridiculous conclusions.

I have talked to several 339 owners and have had one now for over 9 months and everyone has had zero problems with the watch and its case.

This watch has had a history of misinformation since it was announced 2 years ago:
(1) Panerai had problems with the composite material and therefore the watch will never be made.
(2) Panerai lost the use of the "Marina Militare" name and therefore the watch was going to be without the "MM" designation.
(3) Panerai is going to only make 250 with the "MM" on the dial. No more will be built.
(4) Panerai is going to build 250 with the "MM" on the dial and the rest will be without "MM" on the dial.
(5) Panerai is going to make the 339 a regulation production model the next year without the "MM' dial. This rumor came from a prototype watch at a Panerai showing.
(6) The PAM 339 will discolor when alcohol comes in contact with the watch. Some owner dipped his composite buckle in a glass of scotch and voila...nothing happened. But that didn't stop the rumors about alcohol!
(7) Someone posted the caseback of the PAM 339 and it looked like the watch it was drug across a parking lot and then said the caseback was defective? Nobody ever asked him/her what happened to the case that made it look like that. Must have been the alcohol again..but not scotch..maybe vodka?
(8) The "white" case phenomenon suddenly appeared and it was assumed that it was caused by the sweat of only certain individuals and not others...as if some owners had a special kind of sweat! If I wore a steel Panerai all day while riding a bike/golfing/running and I finished on a hot day..I bet there may be some "white" stuff on the watch...like sweat! As I said earlier...did anyone report the condition after they ran water over the watch?

All of the above rumors have proven false. Do you actually expect Panerai to respond to a whole forum about these "rumors"? If they did...they would not have time to build the watch and get it in the hands of customers who want the watch despite all these ridiculous rumors. If I did not know better...I bet Panerai threw out these rumors...it certainly made the watch "special"and possibly a way of selling 1500 pieces easier at $15000/each. Guys..that is $22.5 million...on ONE watch! These rumors certainly help make the watch more noticeable. After ALL of the rumors are dispelled...collectors will then say....."I need to get a PAM 339..it is going to be historical in the long run because of its rocky start"

What i think is the most ironic about this 339 case discoloration rumor is that the most popular watch of the 2011 is going to be the....

PAM 382 Bronzo!!!!

...and mainly for the fact that the bronze will change colors and develop a different patina. Panerai is telling collectors that upfront and strangely people are lining up for the exact same thing that they hate about the PAM 339!

Oh well...waiting for the next PAM 339 rumor...
Tommysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2011, 06:48 PM   #2
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysol View Post
The Panerai "service bulletin" pictures that were circulating were more bogus than a $3 bill!

1/ they do have an issue with the MM dial, try to buy one in Italy ... they are not allowed to sell these in Italy
Or just go to the Panerai website. You'll find ever LE ever made.... now try to find the 339. It isn't there! Strange, not ?

2/ That service bulletin is 100% genuine. I know the guy who made that pic at an AD. He's a good friend of mine and he's also somebody who collects Panerai and onther watches since decades !

3/Right now I have a 339, not my watch but from a friend. I'm wearing it for one week. This is a picture I took yesterday.
Look at the back. Call it white, silver, light brown ... whatever you want but it is NOT the same color as the case, is it ?

FYI, I have had a few Panerai since my interest in watches started growing (and I will buy Panerai in the future.) We're talking about more or less 20 years and I'm posting on sites like these since more than 10 years (Timezone was the first)
Just to let you know I'm not a troll or a newbie.
Old 4 September 2011, 07:06 PM   #3
Ugog
"TRF" Member

sorry for a newbie question but is the new pam 386 made of the same composite material as the 339?
Ugog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2011, 07:22 PM   #4
Tommysol
"TRF" Member

Well...let me add to your comments....

#
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
1/ they do have an issue with the MM dial, try to buy one in Italy ... they are not allowed to sell these in Italy
Or just go to the Panerai website. You'll find ever LE ever made.... now try to find the 339. It isn't there! Strange, not ?

Might be an Italy thing...does not mean that they will not be sold in every other country...right? Nothing wrong with the dial...sorry. Not a dial problem...maybe a selling problem in one country. BTW...The PAM 339 has not been on the Panerai website for 9 months...before most deliveries were made. Did you notice it IS in the PAM SE catalogue last year?

2/ That service bulletin is 100% genuine. I know the guy who made that pic at an AD. He's a good friend of mine and he's also somebody who collects Panerai and onther watches since decades !

Again...you heard it second hand and did not see the actual bulletin and also did not have the AD confirm that bulletin was authentic.

3/Right now I have a 339, not my watch but from a friend. I'm wearing it for one week. This is a picture I took yesterday.
Look at the back. Call it white, silver, light brown ... whatever you want but it is NOT the same color as the case, is it ?

Again..you are not the other. Your picture only shows some white residue...did you try to wash it with water? Also...you could have laid the watch down in chemical lab table. Again this is NOT your watch...you do not state how the watch got discolored..when it started to discolor etc.

I guess all those "T" dial owners should send them back to Panerai to get the dials replaced...since they do not have any lume remaining...I would think that is a major defect?

FYI, I have had a few Panerai since my interest in watches started growing (and I will buy Panerai in the future.) We're talking about more or less 20 years and I'm posting on sites like these since more than 10 years (Timezone was the first)
Just to let you know I'm not a troll or a newbie.
Old 4 September 2011, 07:53 PM   #5
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
#

Again...you heard it second hand and did not see the actual bulletin and also did not have the AD confirm that bulletin was authentic.

this is not something I heard second hand, This guy is my best friend, we see each other almost every week , when one of us buys a new watch, we both go to the shop, we made and make citytrips only to see watches .... if he says he saw it at AD xxxx, I guarantee you he did see it ! (and he is a VERY well known Paneristi, I don't know if he posts over here but on Paneristi every older member knows him very well)

Again..you are not the other. Your picture only shows some white residue...did you try to wash it with water? Also...you could have laid the watch down in chemical lab table. Again this is NOT your watch...you do not state how the watch got discolored..when it started to discolor etc.

He has several watches and this 339 is a watch he bought about 3 months ago. In these 3 months he wore it more or less 1 month. How it discolored ? JUST BY WEARING IT !!!

This is a pic I just made. On your request I washed it of with water, cleaned it with a soft towel and took this pic

I guess all those "T" dial owners should send them back to Panerai to get the dials replaced...since they do not have any lume remaining...I would think that
Old 4 September 2011, 08:12 PM   #6
RanHong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not one OWNER has reported any problems. If they have a problem and talked to Panerai about it...why is no owner reporting their findings?

The only thing I have seen is a little white residue on the case after wearing. Possibly more noticeable because the entire case is brown composite? Watches get dirt and residue on them all the time...they simply wipe off and nobody makes a big deal about it.

Did you know if you take a pencil eraser and rub it on a Panerai titanium watch case that it will turn a little milky white for a while..until you wash it and let it oxidize. Then it looks normal. So should Panerai issue a bulletin saying that be careful around pencil erasers?

It amazes me that Panerai collectors who do not own the watch and have never seen anything other than a few pictures...jump to these ridiculous conclusions.

I have talked to several 339 owners and have had one now for over 9 months and everyone has had zero problems with the watch and its case.

This watch has had a history of misinformation since it was announced 2 years ago:
(1) Panerai had problems with the composite material and therefore the watch will never be made.
(2) Panerai lost the use of the "Marina Militare" name and therefore the watch was going to be without the "MM" designation.
(3) Panerai is going to only make 250 with the "MM" on the dial. No more will be built.
(4) Panerai is going to build 250 with the "MM" on the dial and the rest will be without "MM" on the dial.
(5) Panerai is going to make the 339 a regulation production model the next year without the "MM' dial. This rumor came from a prototype watch at a Panerai showing.
(6) The PAM 339 will discolor when alcohol comes in contact with the watch. Some owner dipped his composite buckle in a glass of scotch and voila...nothing happened. But that didn't stop the rumors about alcohol!
(7) Someone posted the caseback of the PAM 339 and it looked like the watch it was drug across a parking lot and then said the caseback was defective? Nobody ever asked him/her what happened to the case that made it look like that. Must have been the alcohol again..but not scotch..maybe vodka?
(8) The "white" case phenomenon suddenly appeared and it was assumed that it was caused by the sweat of only certain individuals and not others...as if some owners had a special kind of sweat! If I wore a steel Panerai all day while riding a bike/golfing/running and I finished on a hot day..I bet there may be some "white" stuff on the watch...like sweat! As I said earlier...did anyone report the condition after they ran water over the watch?

All of the above rumors have proven false. Do you actually expect Panerai to respond to a whole forum about these "rumors"? If they did...they would not have time to build the watch and get it in the hands of customers who want the watch despite all these ridiculous rumors. If I did not know better...I bet Panerai threw out these rumors...it certainly made the watch "special"and possibly a way of selling 1500 pieces easier at $15000/each. Guys..that is $22.5 million...on ONE watch! These rumors certainly help make the watch more noticeable. After ALL of the rumors are dispelled...collectors will then say....."I need to get a PAM 339..it is going to be historical in the long run because of its rocky start"

What i think is the most ironic about this 339 case discoloration rumor is that the most popular watch of the 2011 is going to be the....

PAM 382 Bronzo!!!!

...and mainly for the fact that the bronze will change colors and develop a different patina. Panerai is telling collectors that upfront and strangely people are lining up for the exact same thing that they hate about the PAM 339!

I know i ain't touching any 339 for sure. $22.5 million for 1500 watches with cases that could potentially discolor/chip is a big ask, wouldnt you agree?
RanHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2011, 08:29 PM   #7
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranhong View Post
i know i ain't touching any 339 for sure. $22.5 million for 1500 watches with cases that could potentially discolor/chip is a big ask, wouldnt you agree?
+1
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2011, 09:06 PM   #8
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

It's always tough to know what to believe on the internets....that being said, the discoloration and pitting pictures are pretty bad. I'm not 100% convinced as to what the issue is (defect, owner mishandling), but, I'm concerned enough not to ever get a PAM "composite".

Given the extent to which Panerai acknowledges its Internet fan base, I think it can't just ignore this issue. It's not like they should respond to every rumor, but, something as ugly as this should be addressed, IMHO.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2011, 11:13 PM   #9
rolexcd

Watch: Daytona SS Black D
[QUOTE=unknown;2716477]2/ That service bulletin is 100% genuine. I know the guy who made that pic at an AD. He's a good friend of mine and he's also somebody who collects Panerai and onther watches since decades !

this is not something I heard second hand, This guy is my best friend, we see each other almost every week , when one of us buys a new watch, we both go to the shop, we made and make citytrips only to see watches .... if he says he saw it at AD xxxx, I guarantee you he did see it ! (and he is a VERY well known Paneristi, I don't know if he posts over here but on Paneristi every older member knows him very well)

He has several watches and this 339 is a watch he bought about 3 months ago. In these 3 months he wore it more or less 1 month. How it discolored ? JUST BY WEARING IT !!!

This is a pic I just made. On your request I washed it of with water, cleaned it with a soft towel and took this pic

I fully support the comments by "unknown" above on the whitening issue of case back.

I bought my PAM 339 in June 2011 in China and the same issue happens to mine. I have written to Panerai via email and they sent me with reply asking me to take the watch to their dealer and service centre for inspection.

I have discussed with a few owners in Hong Kong and they all have the same issue.

We have not created the story.
rolexcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2011, 12:30 AM   #10
B. Doggy
"TRF" Member

Interesting thread.
Old 5 September 2011, 12:35 AM   #11
ancs88

Seems like there is some discoloration on the crown too!
ancs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2011, 01:19 AM   #12
GoreX5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & PAMS
Anyone know if those affected with these type of issues are from owners of 339's that have been distributed in Asia? Could be isolated to a certain batch of watches released and may not be affecting all the 339's sold. In any case, I'd still buy one if available at MSRP.

W.G.
Old 5 September 2011, 01:36 AM   #13
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreX5 View Post
Anyone know if those affected with these type of issues are from owners of 339's that have been distributed in Asia? Could be isolated to a certain batch of watches released and may not be affecting all the 339's sold. In any case, I'd still buy one if available at MSRP.

W.G.
I'm talking about European pieces
Old 5 September 2011, 02:46 AM   #14
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreX5 View Post

W.G.

It seems like mr. Rolexcd is referring to his 339 in China and Mr. Unknown's in Europe.
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2011, 02:48 AM   #15
barstoolman
Banned

Quote:

PAM 382 Bronzo!!!!

Fairly typical response from people who buy a product that has some known problems and they were fortunate enough not to have the problem with that product.

I've seen this rationale often in auto industry............transmission or other types of problems in high performance vehicles even after manufacturers have issued TSBs, people without the problem claim the problem is the fault of the owner of the car, i.e. improper shifting, warming up etc.

There is obviously a problem with "some" 339s........whats the big deal in acknowledging that???? To compare the "Bronzo's" known quality (its marketed as such) of color changing to a desirable patina vs the 339 discoloring to a blotchy mess is hardly the same.
barstoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2011, 03:12 AM   #16
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancs88 View Post

Seems like there is some discoloration on the crown too!
I took a better look at the crown, no problem here
must be the reflection of the caseback
Old 5 September 2011, 04:05 AM   #17
Tommysol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barstoolman View Post
Fairly typical response from people who buy a product that has some known problems and they were fortunate enough not to have the problem with that product.

I've seen this rationale often in auto industry............transmission or other types of problems in high performance vehicles even after manufacturers have issued TSBs, people without the problem claim the problem is the fault of the owner of the car, i.e. improper shifting, warming up etc.

There is obviously a problem with "some" 339s........whats the big deal in acknowledging that???? To compare the "Bronzo's" known quality (its marketed as such) of color changing to a desirable patina vs the 339 discoloring to a blotchy mess is hardly the same.
Exactly my point! If BMW has a problem with 3 cars out of the 15,000 they produce....it is no big deal! Products made by man are not perfect and there will be a few outliers. Does that make all BMW's defective? Should BMW go on a BMW forum and report that .0012% of their cars were defective? Wouldn't it be easy just to settle with those 3 customers and move on.

More to your point....I was in the auto business for over 25 years. I have always found that certain people will never be pleased with their product..regardless of what the facts state. They "find" things to dislike about the car and obsess with every detail and manufacturer response. Not all customers think that way...but there are many that will not be pleased regardless the outcome.

What I am illustrating in my post is the ridiculous amount of speculation about the case problems determined from a few pictures and "anonymous" posters. in the one example above, the poster was simply wearing a watch that was his friend's watch. He stated it was 3 months old and he had been wearing it for a week. Did he see the change take place while wearing the watch? The owner may work in a chemical lab and laid the watch down on a lab table. Why do you assume the case is defective? Do you just ignore the other 700 owners that do not have the problem? Assume the case does lighten up over time...is that a real problem? Does it affect the wearability? Does it not tell time as well? Don't other products change appearance over time...like a car's paint fading, glass chipping and tritium dials turning yellowish and losing its intended luminosity?

What I find the most interesting is that no one really cares that another 700 owners have reported zero problems with the watch and love it. These rumors are started from a few people and these same people have not reported Panerai's actions or findings.

As I stated in my first post..PAM 339 owners should pray that the case is defective! If that is the case...I would be a happy owner....just like the T dial owners, the non-matching #'s owners, etc!
Old 5 September 2011, 10:24 AM   #18
rolexcd

I consider that the current case is not the same as good quality products like BMW.

1) I was attracted to buy the PAM 339 mainly due to the special feature of the "composite" material regarding its durability which has been used as a marketing tool by the company. We are talking about a limited run of 1,500 (not 15,000) and even 20 pieces with this issue should not be considered as isolated event! In the case of BMW, technical issue will definitely followed by safety recall and I am sure that BMW will inform the customers proactively and arrange to fix the issue. Currently, I cannot feel the same on the PAM 339.

2) I don't expect any parts of the case will discolour. Cannot compare with PAM 382 since the colour changing effect of the bronze material is well expected based on the company's information. However, I cannot find any similar information from the company on the PAM 339. I am buying a PAM for its durability which I expect the same will extend to its appearance. If I am buying a watch for the sake of reading time, I will go for a Casio, not a watch worth of more than USD15K!

3) I buy a watch to use, not as a collector item. If someone is pleased with the colour changing effect of the PAM 339 and will be pleased to own one as its case will discolour and consider that this "unique" feature is a gift, I will be pleased to sell mine one to him/her at cost!

4) I am sure that a lot of the current owners of the PAM 339 who experience this issue is the result of normal use. Till now, the released ones should not pass 1,000 by a lot. Also, you can locate a fair number of brand new version in the web therefore this issue would only be under-estimated.

5) I am stating this issue is not for the sake of complaining. All I want is a durable watch and its case colour should not change. I am sure that "all" owners / users of the PAM 339 deserve this guarantee.
Old 5 September 2011, 03:30 PM   #19
Tommysol
"TRF" Member

5) I am stating this issue is not for the sake of complaining. All I want is a durable watch and its case colour should not change. I am sure that "all" owners / users of the PAM 339 deserve this guarantee.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is not the watch for you then...since not ALL owners got a perfect one. I have never had "all owners are pleased with a perfect product" as a criteria in buying any product.

Again...I think you missed the whole point of my post. One or two complaints....while 700 have not complained? That is what I cannot understand.

In fact your entire post is based on a few complaints and you are judging both the composite material and Panerai as a company in one fell swoop...without knowing any first hand information. You seem very pissed off and you do not own the watch!! Life is too short to be pissed at a company that messed up a few watches....assuming they were even messed up at all. Vote with your pocketbook and do not buy any Panerai until they give you a FULL explanation of a watch that you do not own. If there is this much doubt in your mind...why even try to find out the issues?...just say pass...and save $15K.

What I find most amusing about your post is your "I don't expect any parts of the case will discolour" statement. How would you come to that conclusion? If I come to the conclusion that my watch is not effective and I say " I don't expect my caseback to discolor nor do I think any other casebacks to disclor"....how am I wrong? I guess it is coming from a guy that got a good watch huh? Well..yes...but it is also just my opinion...just like you have your opinion. The facts will trump the opinion.

As to Panerai not responding....let's assume you are a car dealer....you have one customer complaining about a paint defect on his/her car.....and it is really bad. You have sold 500 of these same models with zero problems. Do you then put a full page ad in the paper saying that we had one paint problem and that you should be aware that buying a like care may be disappointing? You simply would handle the problem vehicle with that customer and move on. Sure the manufacturer would look into what caused the paint defect and do the right thing accordingly. But how do you know that Panerai has not already done that or is in the process of doing that?

I love the watch and if there is a problem...I know that Panerai do the right thing! I haver zero worry with the watch and am a happy owner. I just would hate to see you or anyone else pass on a great watch based on a few questionable complaints.
Old 5 September 2011, 04:33 PM   #20
rolexcd

Quote:
5)
Maybe this is not the watch for you then...since not ALL owners got a perfect one. I have never had "all owners are pleased with a perfect product" as a criteria in buying any product.

Again...I think you missed the whole point of my post. One or two complaints....while 700 have not complained? That is what I cannot understand.

In fact your entire post is based on a few complaints and you are judging both the composite material and Panerai as a company in one fell swoop...without knowing any first hand information. You seem very pissed off and you do not own the watch!! Life is too short to be pissed at a company that messed up a few watches....assuming they were even messed up at all. Vote with your pocketbook and do not buy any Panerai until they give you a FULL explanation of a watch that you do not own. If there is this much doubt in your mind...why even try to find out the issues?...just say pass...and save $15K.

What I find most amusing about your post is your "I don't expect any parts of the case will discolour" statement. How would you come to that conclusion? If I come to the conclusion that my watch is not effective and I say " I don't expect my caseback to discolor nor do I think any other casebacks to disclor"....how am I wrong? I guess it is coming from a guy that got a good watch huh? Well..yes...but it is also just my opinion...just like you have your opinion. The facts will trump the opinion.

As to Panerai not responding....let's assume you are a car dealer....you have one customer complaining about a paint defect on his/her car.....and it is really bad. You have sold 500 of these same models with zero problems. Do you then put a full page ad in the paper saying that we had one paint problem and that you should be aware that buying a like care may be disappointing? You simply would handle the problem vehicle with that customer and move on. Sure the manufacturer would look into what caused the paint defect and do the right thing accordingly. But how do you know that Panerai has not already done that or is in the process of doing that?

I love the watch and if there is a problem...I know that Panerai do the right thing! I haver zero worry with the watch and am a happy owner. I just would hate to see you or anyone else pass on a great watch based on a few questionable complaints.
I am sure that most Panerai owners would expect a perfect product. If not, one will not spend a few thousands dollar on a watch. More importantly, cheaper watches got very good quality nowadays and I cannot see any reasons why I should not expect good quality from Panerai. Is this a really big ask? I AM NOT super rich and I therefore consider that I deserve good quality from buying a Panerai. I have confidence in Panerai since I own a few of them now. Therefore, I raised this issue to ensure that the company is aware of the issue.

Again, I am not complaining towards the brand itself as I still own another few pieces of the watch and I will still be buying the same brand in the future. I am asking for a solution to this issue from the company. I did not start the other thread within this forum and thaaks to another member, I became aware that this issue is not something uncommon and a few members have been expressing their concerns on this issue.

Also, please stop emphasising that only a "few" people would have this issue. Please go through the different web-sites and I can easily tell you that you can easily locate more than 10 BNIB PAM 339 for sale at this moment. As such, a fair amount of the current "owners" of PAM 339 are still within the owning stage without really using the watch therefore they "could" be more of this whitening issue amont the 1,500 pieces.

As you can see from the other thread, we have somehow stopped our discussion on this issue for a few days already. All a sudden, I have seen this post and I disagree with your comments that all PAM 339 owners with this discolouring issue should basically shut up and take it as life that this issue does not deserve any discussions within the forum. This is what I don't agree.

I own a PAM 339 myself!!! Yes, I am pissed off with this issue since I spent what I consider as a significant sum on a watch which I want to enjoy as a daily wear but not sure if the discolouring effect will also spread to the case rather than just the case back.

By the end of the day, I think members of this forum are allowed to raise their concerns and "personal" views on issues that they have heard of about a watch and that is why I have been enjoying this forum since I first joined. If we are not allowed to do so, I would like the moderators to tell us so therefore we will only mention good things about the different brands in this forum from now on.
Old 5 September 2011, 05:07 PM   #21
RanHong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
"questionable complaints''? if you really think the actual pics of the defective cases are questionable, then i wouldnt know how to respond to your opinions now imagine the paint of your new bmw faded/changed colour after 3 weeks, you take some photos of it to show the dealer, and his response is 'your complaint is questionable'
RanHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2011, 05:09 PM   #22
rolexcd

[QUOTE=Tommysol;2718139]5)

I, again, strongly dis-agree with the above statement. If I expect a quality issue with my PAM 339 (I am not sure if you would agree that the discolouring effect is a quality issue. May be, you consider not.) after I bought the watch, this is not the watch for me then.

I would say 99% of the members in this forum would want a perfect watch regardless of the amount they spend. As a customer, we all deserve to receive the best quality product. Do I expect a lot of issues with a watch that I spent with USD50? At USD50, I can then expected to take up all the defects which would come with it because I only spend USD50 for the watch?
Old 5 September 2011, 05:10 PM   #23
rolexcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanHong View Post
"questionable complaints''? if you really think the actual pics of the defective cases are questionable, then i wouldnt know how to respond to your opinions now imagine the paint of your new bmw faded/changed colour after 3 weeks, you take some photos of it to show the dealer, and his response is 'your complaint is questionable'
100% agree
Old 5 September 2011, 05:11 PM   #24
Tommysol
"TRF" Member

Let me respond to your statements...

As you can see from the other thread, we have somehow stopped our discussion on this issue for a few days already. All a sudden, I have seen this post and I disagree with your comments that all PAM 339 owners with this discolouring issue should basically shut up and take it as life that this issue does not deserve any discussions within the forum. This is what I don't agree.

I never said you are not entitled to your opinion....just think it is ridiculous the amount of fear in these posts. It is a watch for christ sakes!

I own a PAM 339 myself!!! Yes, I am pissed off with this issue since I spent what I consider as a significant sum on a watch which I want to enjoy as a daily wear but not sure if the discolouring effect will also spread to the case rather than just the case back.

I assume you are one of the owners that do not wear your PAM 339...since you keep referring to these guys. Why don't you talk about YOUR watch and whether you have any problems. That is an intelligent discussion. Looking at a few posts of watch pictures and jumping to conclusions is the whole point of my post. If your watch is not affected by this discoloring issue...why are you pissed? You now worried that the watch you bought for $15K may not be worth $25K now that this news has come out? Just trying to understand why you are pissed when it did not affect YOUR watch?

By the end of the day, I think members of this forum are allowed to raise their concerns and "personal" views on issues that they have heard of about a watch and that is why I have been enjoying this forum since I first joined. If we are not allowed to do so, I would like the moderators to tell us so therefore we will only mention good things about the different brands in this forum from now on.[/QUOTE]

As I said, some hard facts FROM OWNERS and not fear/rumor would be a much more intelligent discussion. Just my opinion.
Old 5 September 2011, 05:22 PM   #25
rolexcd

Quote:

I never said you are not entitled to your opinion....just think it is ridiculous the amount of fear in these posts. It is a watch for christ sakes!

I assume you are one of the owners that do not wear your PAM 339...since you keep referring to these guys. Why don't you talk about YOUR watch and whether you have any problems. That is an intelligent discussion. Looking at a few posts of watch pictures and jumping to conclusions is the whole point of my post. If your watch is not affected by this discoloring issue...why are you pissed? You now worried that the watch you bought for $15K may not be worth $25K now that this news has come out? Just trying to understand why you are pissed when it did not affect YOUR watch?

By the end of the day, I think members of this forum are allowed to raise their concerns and "personal" views on issues that they have heard of about a watch and that is why I have been enjoying this forum since I first joined. If we are not allowed to do so, I would like the moderators to tell us so therefore we will only mention good things about the different brands in this forum from now on.
As I said, some hard facts FROM OWNERS and not fear/rumor would be a much more intelligent discussion. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I think you have missed some of my posts within the other thread. Yes, my PAM 339 case back is discolouring as well. No fear / rumor from my end at all from Day 1. 100% experience by myself!!!
Old 5 September 2011, 05:26 PM   #26
rolexcd

[QUOTE=Tommysol;2718257]It is a watch for christ sakes!

Yes, it is a only watch but I need to save up in order to own one as it is worth USD15K!!!!!

If "it is a watch for christ sakes" only, why can't you allow some of us to express our opinion based on our personal experiences from the usage of the watch. I don't see the need / reason for "enough is enough".
Old 5 September 2011, 06:17 PM   #27
Tommysol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexcd View Post
As I said, some hard facts FROM OWNERS and not fear/rumor would be a much more intelligent discussion. Just my opinion.
Sorry, I think you have missed some of my posts within the other thread. Yes, my PAM 339 case back is discolouring as well. No fear / rumor from my end at all from Day 1. 100% experience by myself!!![/QUOTE]

Let me ask you what/who you are specifically mad at? What are you specifically worried about with your watch? Please explain..I honestly would like to know.

Seems you could sell your watch now for $15k, get your money back and move on with your life. Seems to be more about money to you and you would hate to sell a watch that may end up being very collectible...huh? For me...I will enjoy my watch and not worry about something that has zero effect on my happiness in life.
Old 5 September 2011, 07:52 PM   #28
rolexcd

Quote:
Sorry, I think you have missed some of my posts within the other thread. Yes, my PAM 339 case back is discolouring as well. No fear / rumor from my end at all from Day 1. 100% experience by myself!!!
Let me ask you what/who you are specifically mad at? What are you specifically worried about with your watch? Please explain..I honestly would like to know.

Seems you could sell your watch now for $15k, get your money back and move on with your life. Seems to be more about money to you and you would hate to sell a watch that may end up being very collectible...huh? For me...I will enjoy my watch and not worry about something that has zero effect on my happiness in life.[/QUOTE}

Don't worry as I think I have said enough.
Old 5 September 2011, 09:00 PM   #29
chazha
"TRF" Member

Watch: mickey watch
This entire thread could just be "if you buy a 15k watch with defects just be happy and move on"

Why make it so complicated.. :)

If I bought a 15k watch and things like this happens I would commit some serious crime... In Italy! :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Old 5 September 2011, 09:05 PM   #30
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
Sounds like more than a rumor to me