The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 3 March 2017, 04:18 AM   #1
syahriltaher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
Would my Warranty Cover Broken Stitches on Leather Loop?

Guys,

My 8 months old Safari has problem due to broken Stitches on the leather loop....would the AP Service Center cover this under warranty?

Anybody has experience before?

Regards,

Sent from my SM-N920K using Tapatalk
- Rolex RG Daytona 116505 - Rolex SS Submariner "Hulk" - Rolex SS Sky Dweller "Black Dial" - Rolex SS GMT Master II 16710 "Coke" - Rolex GMT Master II CHNR "Rootbeer" TT - Rolex SS Daytona Ceramic 116500LN "Black Dial" - Rolex 126710 "New Batman" 2022 - Rolex SS/WG Datejust 41 126334 "Blue Roman" - Panerai "PAM 88" GMT - Omega New Moonwatch 3861
syahriltaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2017, 04:46 AM   #2
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Don't think warrany works for straps, bracelets are covered but straps no
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2017, 10:30 AM   #3
PJ S
Banned

The strap is considered a consumable, but there’s always the old adage of “if you don’t ask, you won’t get” – so you might as well give it a shot.
The worst that can happen is you’ll be no worse off than you are at present.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2017, 11:30 AM   #4
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Give them a ring and see

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2017, 01:20 PM   #5
gummy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: AP PP Rolex
Take a lead from Alex...and just ask

I had a 42mm Black dial that had a crack in the leather band at the bend. It was very noticeable to me.

Had a service done under warranty at no charge mentioned the strap as I was checking the watch in over the phone and she simply said - taken care of.

Watch was back in no time at all and all taken care of under warranty.

I love AP service - the best.
gummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2017, 07:49 AM   #6
lianghee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam, AP, Rolex
Most likely AP will replace a new one FOC. The leather strap on my 42mm grey theme was peeling off and AP ordered a new strap to replace it foc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lianghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 12:10 PM   #7
syahriltaher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
Guys....

Heres some interesting updates on this matter:

I visited the service center in Jakarta, but the response was not as expected. They refused to assist me, even when I told them that I willing to pay for the loop...

So I decided to write to AP Customer Service in Geneve and Singapore:

"Dear Audemars Piguet,

I had been dreaming of owning a Royal Oak Offshore Safari. Finally, last August I could purchase one in USA.

However, since last December, I noticed that the stitches on the loop of my leather strap became very loose and I am quite worried that it could finally tear apart and I could easily endanger my watch. So I stopped wearing my watch. I didn't have time to come earlier to Jakarta Service Center. This afternoon I had the time so I came to the AP Jakarta to ask for their assistance to repair the stitches on the loop of my leather strap.

However, I was very surprised with their reaction. They refused to help me even to do a simple repair on the stitches of the strap loop. They said I have to  buy new strap (USD 1,000) instead of repairing couple of stitches on the loop of my 7 months old strap.

I asked them what should I do in order to get AP's attention or assistance? Would it help if I call AP Singapore or AP Switzerland? They answered rudely AP Singapore or AP Switzerland won't pay attention on this "small" problem.

I had been dreaming of buying this watch, now after few months of wearing it I could no longer use it because of the stitches problem on the strap loop. They call this as a "small" problem. What an amazing customer service...

I would really appreciate if AP Switzerland or AP Singapore could help me on this matter so I can enjoy wearing my ROO Safari again.

Best Regards"

And they gave very good response as per the below emai:

"Dear Mr. Taher,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We highly appreciate the interest you show in Audemars Piguet.

We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment with the service provided and would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to restore your faith in Audemars Piguet. 

Your comments have been forwarded to the concerned department, who will promptly look into this matter. 

At the same time, we kindly ask for more details on your timepiece and the service center that you visited, may we get your confirmation that your timepiece is serial number: I85900-xxxx-xxxx and may we kindly ask for which service center have you been visited in Jakarta for our further follow up?

Upon the completion of our internal investigations, we will immediately get back to you in order to resolve this issue.

Please rest assured that customer satisfaction is always our greatest concern.

Yours sincerely"

And then I received the 2nd email:

"Dear Mr. Taher,

Warmth greetings from Audemars Piguet.

Thank you very much for your detailed information. 

Please rest assured that your case is being well taken care and the responsbile person in the service center-  Yodhi Ramadhani 
will contact  you shortly to offer further assistance to you.

We are very sorry for your experience and we sincerely wish you enjoy wearing our timepiece for many years to come.

Yours sincerely "

And last week I re-visited the service center in Jakarta, and to my surprise, they even provided me with the new strap for free ...

So I decided to write the following email to them:

"Dear Monique,

Just would like to inform you, that the strap has been replaced with the new one today. Many thanks for the supreme customer service that you have shown. This is just beyond my wildest imagination as I thought AP would replace/repair only the loop.

Once again many thanks for your best customer service.

Best regards "

Conclusion:

Satisfactory with AP Geneve and Singapore but dissapointed with AP Jakarta....

Sent from my SM-N920K using Tapatalk
- Rolex RG Daytona 116505 - Rolex SS Submariner "Hulk" - Rolex SS Sky Dweller "Black Dial" - Rolex SS GMT Master II 16710 "Coke" - Rolex GMT Master II CHNR "Rootbeer" TT - Rolex SS Daytona Ceramic 116500LN "Black Dial" - Rolex 126710 "New Batman" 2022 - Rolex SS/WG Datejust 41 126334 "Blue Roman" - Panerai "PAM 88" GMT - Omega New Moonwatch 3861
syahriltaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 02:55 PM   #8
sssteel
"TRF" Member

Wonderful! Nice outcome, and congrats for getting that taken care of! :)
sssteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 03:11 PM   #9
CSY
Banned

I think u really teach them (AP Jakarta) a lesson what is customer service.
CSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2017, 03:19 PM   #10
thsiao
"TRF" Member

Beautiful story and kudos to AP for taking care of their customers. That's how it should be when you are talking about luxury timepieces.
Old 2 May 2017, 12:54 AM   #11
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
AP service is top notch, had a problem with the case on my diver, replaced free of charge and no hassle, they really want their customers to be happy
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2017, 02:01 AM   #12
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Great outcome! Glad you have your ROO back on your wrist!

Service from AP Switzerland and APSC Clearwater has always been superb. Its very reassuring to know that when something goes wrong or its time for service that you'll be very well taken care of.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote