The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 December 2017, 02:53 AM   #181
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I remember going when I was four, but the specifics aren't really the point. Yes, I get that vacation money is gone and you have "nothing to show for it". But how far do we take this? How about not going on a honeymoon and instead buying a nice watch? How about forgetting about all travel and buying a birkin? Anyway, my only point was there is value in creating memories with your family and it is not always a dollars and cents calculation. I mean, I assume you could have bought another nice watch with the trip to Mexico you just went on but I assume you would not characterize it as having nothing to show for it?
wasn't going into all that. I am not sure what my priorities are to be completely honest. I am grateful that right now I dont really need to make that choice. if it came down to it, I really dont know. I also dont have kids, so it is hard to compare.

was just curious about your statement.

and lmao, could have bought one for me and the wife.

and fwiw, I absolutely love Disney.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2017, 03:41 AM   #182
NothingToSeeHere
"TRF" Member

Well, if you are already taking 2-3 vacations a year with the family and you spend ample free time with them, and you're still feeling like you should have taken a 4th vacation instead of a watch, I'd say don't beat yourself up. There's a point where you've done enough and it's perfectly fine to do something special for yourself. Don't forget how well Rolex hold their value too.

But if you bought a watch before you had all the basics covered (home owner, decent car, vacations, eat out when you want, nice comfortable life) then yeah I agree with your remorse.

It reminds me of loooong ago when I was in an apartment in my early 20s. I had a neighbor. Married, 2 kids. Living in a 3 bedroom apartment that probably cost $1100 a month. He drove a CL55 and she drove an S55. They always had nice jewelry on. It disgusted me. Poor kids stuck living in an apartment so they could lead a poseur lifestyle. I lived there for 4 years and they were there the whole time, so it wasn't a short term arrangement.
NothingToSeeHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2017, 06:32 AM   #183
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
wasn't going into all that. I am not sure what my priorities are to be completely honest. I am grateful that right now I dont really need to make that choice. if it came down to it, I really dont know. I also dont have kids, so it is hard to compare.

was just curious about your statement.

and lmao, could have bought one for me and the wife.

and fwiw, I absolutely love Disney.
And fwiw I usually dread going. But my kids love it so much I suck it up. As a business owner though I do marvel at that place from an operational standpoint. Makes my head hurt thinking that through.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2017, 10:31 AM   #184
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Oh yeah, it is hell but the kids love it. If you want tips PM me. Been twice in the last year, once on the grounds and once off-site.
I truly appreciate the offer, but the warden seems to have it planned out to the tee. I'm just a check writer!!!!
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote