The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 22 January 2019, 08:52 AM   #61
lawrence1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
My experience with the Valjoux 7750 on which the ETA version is based is that it's not particularly noisy. Does the modified V7750 use ceramic bearings?
actually, the V7750 is quite noisy in comparison to other ETA movements, as well as many other non-ETA mov'ts (i.e. Rolex).
lawrence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 09:01 AM   #62
lawrence1
"TRF" Member

i'm sorry if i missed it -- was this an eBay transaction? Is the positive feedback documented there?

I naively sold several watches on ebay over the past few years and luckily never had a problem with paypal but with all these horror stories, i surely won't be doing that again.
lawrence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 05:53 PM   #63
Randy63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Icon1

I've been selling on ebay for 19 years now. No negatives or neutrals in all that time. Five or six years ago I sold a 38 mm Breitling Colt automatic for around $1300. The buyer messaged me over a month after the sale telling me that the watch was too small for him and he wanted a refund. Paypal then froze my account.

I was blind sided at the time. They froze my account with no guarantee that I'd every see that watch again. I plead my case with Paypal via messaging telling them that the 38 mm size was in the auction's title so the buyer should have known how big it was.

Paypal wasn't swayed. As a last resort I messaged Paypal letting them know of my intention to open a case against them with the Better Business Bureau. Within 24 hours my account was unfrozen and the case was closed.

Was my threat to open a BBB case the reason my account was unfrozen? I can't be sure but I'm glad I made it. Would it work today? I don't know but it may be worth a shot.

Randy
Randy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 08:50 AM   #64
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
Hopefully it gets resolved. When I was selling my SD43 a few months ago, a chap kept on wanting me to take PayPal and pay for the fees. Sounded fishy and sent me a few emails insisting on PayPal even after I turned it down. Much cheaper to send wire but insisted on PayPal was a red flag for me. I've had a few pieces with same movement and always had rotor noise. Totally normal. Best of luck!!
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 09:53 PM   #65
wx_073
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunron View Post
We are always told to 'Buy the seller'. I would suggest 'buying the buyer' as well. I wouldn't chance buying OR selling from someone that has less than stellar, confirmed and relevant feedback. Best of luck to the OP.
Wire transfer or PP family for pease of mind.
wx_073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2019, 12:42 AM   #66
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wx_073 View Post
Wire transfer or PP family for pease of mind.
PayPal family?? It has no protection at all
Old 4 February 2019, 01:16 AM   #67
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
PayPal family?? It has no protection at all
For a seller thats the best protection.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2019, 03:58 AM   #68
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
For a seller thats the best protection.
Friends and family can still screw a seller. We have a guy on a another forum who got ripped off a couple months after he sold a watch and they buyer paid with F&F. Paypal sided with him.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2019, 04:29 AM   #69
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
Friends and family can still screw a seller. We have a guy on a another forum who got ripped off a couple months after he sold a watch and they buyer paid with F&F. Paypal sided with him.
How can PayPal side with the Buyer when he had NO buyer protection through F&F?
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2019, 04:33 AM   #70
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Paypal is so screwy when it comes to the protections.

I bought an Omega strap off ebay years ago. It was FAKE...

Emailed the seller.. He told me I was super fool...

I file claim through Paypal. They tell me to send back strap, which I do with tracking.

He says he never got it back and that's that. Case closed. Lost the money and the fake strap..lol
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2019, 05:33 AM   #71
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
How can PayPal side with the Buyer when he had NO buyer protection through F&F?

The buyer used AMEX and AMEX sided with the buyer 5 1/2 months after the sale and PayPal accepted the AMEX charge back. Then the buyer said he didn’t have to even return the watch because PP hadn’t told him to. Although he eventually did due to peer pressure.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2019, 05:37 AM   #72
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
The buyer used AMEX and AMEX sided with the buyer 5 1/2 months after the sale and PayPal accepted the AMEX charge back. Then the buyer said he didn’t have to even return the watch because PP hadn’t told him to. Although he eventually did due to peer pressure.

PayPal probably didn’t have much of a choice. Amex is amazing for buyers. He likely presented it as a damaged for faulty watch. Amex then told PayPal they are taking the funds and then took the funds from you. PayPal and eBay are the absolute worst. I feel for you in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2019, 06:05 AM   #73
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
Doesn't make sense. According to PP, payments F&F (zero fees) can only be made using a PP balance or from funds in the linked bank account. Any use of a CC would incur fees and these are passed on in the fee payment option for goods or services. Is there something about AMEX that allows its use without fees? How are you able to make Amex payments via F&F? Perhaps the buyer used goods and services without the agreement of the seller, hiding the fees which the buyer paid knowing he could pursue nefarious activity later.
Old 11 February 2019, 12:10 PM   #74
dkg1616
"TRF" Member

I was caught in a scenario where I was the buyer of a fraudulent GMT. I would only agree to PayPal because I was a little sceptical, but gosh was I wrong. PayPal took 30 days to refund the money.

The good thing was I used my J.P. Morgan Reserve credit card and they flagged it and instantly reissued my money and we’re the ones to deal with PP.

PayPal is an awful system for transactions of anything north of 500. They have no decent processes in place to really decipher what is going on. It is ran by $7 an hour people that are trained to only say well that is not in our procedures.

Hopefully it all works out!
dkg1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2019, 03:12 AM   #75
roach7
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610lv
You can make PayPal Family & Friends payments with a credit card if you accept the cc fees
roach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2019, 07:31 AM   #76
reeder1
Banned

Watch: 116600 SD
Tell us the username! It will help us all in the end. Sorry I didn't read the entire thread but this is terrible. Out and out fraud-kidnapping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
reeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 10:18 AM   #77
eddiemonster
"TRF" Member

Watch: @tm3machine
This happened a month ago and the scammer still has not been outted, sigh! I don't get it, why are scammed victims so protective of the rights of the scammer? In almost all cases of these sorts of stories, very seldom is the scammer's info. ever revealed. Why must the innocent extend the courtesy of privacy to the scum?
eddiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 05:52 AM   #78
sunset117
"TRF" Member

People go to great lengths to protect these people all while others keep getting scammed,
sunset117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 02:29 AM   #79
holdtime
Banned

Quote:
Hate? What are you talking about?
OP,Asking a question.And giving a heads up.
Now .STOP Playing Detective.
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 03:50 AM   #80
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdtime View Post
OP,Asking a question.And giving a heads up.
Now .STOP Playing Detective.
Old 3 June 2019, 06:11 AM   #81
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 14060M/214270
I made a trade of an explorer for a pelagos to a respectable seller of the site, the difference asked me to do it for paypal ... I still have the funds retained and I must wait 21 more days to obtain them because the postal codes of the fedex stamps the seller sent me do not match the zip code of the address that has registered in paypal ... nonsense .... I sent an email to the seller a week ago and I received no response ... NEVER MORE I DO NOTHING FOR PAYPAL ......
forcinitijp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 06:29 AM   #82
holdtime
Banned

Icon7

Quote:
Grow up.Stop playing Detective.
I suggest getting a Job.And double up on the Meds.
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 06:37 AM   #83
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
hahahaha
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 11:32 AM   #84
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdtime View Post
Grow up.Stop playing Detective.
I suggest getting a Job.And double up on the Meds.
Old 5 June 2019, 05:21 AM   #85
nhoj_yelbom
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss Made
its a pain sometimes, but usually always works out. the 116610 i was trying to buy via paypal, ended up being a scam. glad i did not wire the money like the seller wanted
nhoj_yelbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 12:55 PM   #86
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Wire transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
PayPal has created a easy scam with there policy. 180 return policy get real and they favour the buyer every time. I avoid them on high ticket items. I wish you the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...and when you post ...wire transfer only for high dollar value...eBay does not allow
TempoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 12:38 PM   #87
Acett
"TRF" Member

Moral of the story, buy by Paypal, never sell and accept payment by Paypal. You can ship the buyer gold, they can return a rock, the seller loses.
Acett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2019, 06:36 AM   #88
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acett View Post
Moral of the story, buy by Paypal, never sell and accept payment by Paypal. You can ship the buyer gold, they can return a rock, the seller loses.
Correct, I actually buy with PayPal but will refuse to sell with PayPal.. it's just not safe and is fraught with scammers, things like paying you from a hacked account and the payment gets reversed, saying it's not described and sending back a chocolate bar, chargebacks happening months down the line, PayPal themselves are just as bad - they may hold your funds for months on end or they will physically steal/confiscate your money too. Truly awful. I have been inter-netting for 20years and have heard it all.. yet when I go to sell something and the buyer wants to use PayPal they get all arsey when I say I refuse to use that payment method. PayPal is a joke.. and now I'm starting to see PayPal logos in shops and retail outlets, they have really broken into mainstream.. they need to be stopped!
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote