The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 9 February 2019, 02:50 AM   #31
APatel1984
Banned

Watch: Daytona SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdqq View Post
I don't want to come out as offensive but I have doubt that OP's post is really true. If its true, congrats!

I have contacts with with AP boutiques and the 15202st is not easy to get even with purchase history. I would like to be proven wrong :).

Please keep everyone posted.
Will post up photos if I do get it, and it is true and I am shocked as anyone.
APatel1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:06 AM   #32
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APatel1984 View Post
Will post up photos if I do get it, and it is true and I am shocked as anyone.

Daytona and a jumbo would make for an awesome pair.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:37 AM   #33
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't want to come out as offensive but I have doubt that OP's post is really true. If its true, congrats!

I have contacts with with AP boutiques and the 15202st is not easy to get even with purchase history. I would like to be proven wrong :).

london tends to be a bit different or random or just play favorites depending on how you look at it on allocations. Somone here got a 15407 with a 6 month or less wait with zero AP boutique purchase history. Just got to show the passion
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 05:33 AM   #34
gsg
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It is not easy to get by any means, but I do not doubt the story. I also received mine last year from a boutique after a six month wait with no prior purchase history. I got lucky I guess. I reached out to many boutiques, many turned me down, but with one I managed to get some traction and ended receiving my watch. Again, it is all about showing your passion for the piece, knowing the history, and making sales associates comfortable that you would not be selling the minute you walk out the store.

And against some of the recommendations in this thread, please do not buy if you do not like it, let the next in line have the chance.
gsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 08:51 AM   #35
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Put a deposit down today, will collect next week as I was unable to make it today.

Currently have a Batman and the 11650LN Daytona in White and cannot justify having all 3.... so have decided the Batman will take the hit in this case.

Will always be the option to get it down the line I guess.
Big congrats in advance! I think you made the right decision on both fronts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
london tends to be a bit different or random or just play favorites depending on how you look at it on allocations. Somone here got a 15407 with a 6 month or less wait with zero AP boutique purchase history. Just got to show the passion
Sounds like I need to consider relocating to London!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 09:28 AM   #36
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Just got mine from NY boutique today. Truly beautiful piece.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 12:01 PM   #37
mineral
"TRF" Member

Classic and I will definitely get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 February 2019, 12:14 PM   #38
porschejeff
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 228238
A real beauty I hope you got it!
Rolex 116710 BLNR
And a few others...
porschejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 01:26 PM   #39
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwizzzuuu View Post
] Just got mine from NY boutique today. Truly beautiful piece.

Beautiful! Congratulations
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 03:31 PM   #40
blacke90
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP||Panerai||Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwizzzuuu View Post
Just got mine from NY boutique today. Truly beautiful piece.

Congrats!!
blacke90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 07:11 AM   #41
kdqq
"TRF" Member

Still waiting for OP's pics.
kdqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 07:42 AM   #42
Johnfm69
"TRF" Member

Amazing good fortune - that's very quick and they're trading at quite a bit over list.

But as said above, you'd be mad to sell it.

Get rid of the BLNR - its not in the same league.
Johnfm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 12:56 PM   #43
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing pics!

Old 10 February 2019, 09:55 PM   #44
sirish19
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP-VC-AP
Definitely get it. If you can keep the Batman, I would keep it and add the Jumbo, but if you can’t, then unload the Batman and buy. You won’t regret it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12 February 2019, 07:37 AM   #45
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Be sure to wear or wind your 15202 every day so that you can avoid the excruciating torture of having to advance the date if you need to set your watch. If you find yourself in the position of having to advance the date, set aside one minute per day that you need to advance it. Or just forget the date function altogether.
cascavel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2019, 07:55 AM   #46
Submarino
"TRF" Member

Watch: them for me!
Quote:
So, I put my name on the list in London for the Royal Oak Jumbo (15202) several months ago thinking it would be years until one would become available having done some research.

I got the call today that the boutique has one and I can get it tomorrow.

Will be going to see it, try it on, etc. as I've never had the chance to do so as they are not readily available anywhere.

Hadn't expected it to come so soon and thus would have to juggle around some things to make it possible to buy.

But my questions....

1- is it common to get the piece available so soon, i.e. am I lucky or if I say no would it be possible to get one again when my circumstances are better?

2- Do they hold their value well if I decide to sell?

Thanks all
You're very lucky so don't think twice about getting it.

Instagram @watchcollectinglifestyle

Submarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 01:37 AM   #47
APatel1984
Banned

Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence!!

So, I went with my girlfriend to the boutique yesterday, fully prepared to say no if it didn't 'sing' to me when I tried it on given the cost...

Needless to say, I tried it on and I was not going to pass it up. It was beautiful, from the blue face colour to the amazing detail of the bracelet and the feel on the wrist.

The lack of a seconds hand and the PIA to adjust the date no longer became a factor and I was even more assured after I tried on the 15400ST which was far too big for my weedy wrists!

So there we have it - they removed the stickers, boxed it all up and I am now a proud owner. Happy to share pics in the next few days if anyone is interested.

Only slight downer was that the AP boutique in Harrods was quite meh. The lady didn't seem to have a clue about anything AP (wasn't even wearing a watch!?) and I wasn't even offered a water / glass of champagne for a £20k+ purchase. I did get some 'congratulations' but it was all pretty muted - maybe they're used to much richer clientele than me who can make these purchases on a whim :)
Old 13 February 2019, 01:44 AM   #48
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

So, I went with my girlfriend to the boutique yesterday, fully prepared to say no if it didn't 'sing' to me when I tried it on given the cost...

Needless to say, I tried it on and I was not going to pass it up. It was beautiful, from the blue face colour to the amazing detail of the bracelet and the feel on the wrist.

The lack of a seconds hand and the PIA to adjust the date no longer became a factor and I was even more assured after I tried on the 15400ST which was far too big for my weedy wrists!

So there we have it - they removed the stickers, boxed it all up and I am now a proud owner. Happy to share pics in the next few days if anyone is interested.

Only slight downer was that the AP boutique in Harrods was quite meh. The lady didn't seem to have a clue about anything AP (wasn't even wearing a watch!?) and I wasn't even offered a water / glass of champagne for a £20k+ purchase. I did get some 'congratulations' but it was all pretty muted - maybe they're used to much richer clientele than me who can make these purchases on a whim :)

That’s exactly what happened to me when I put the watch on. There’s no denying how well the watch sits on the wrist and how spot on it looks.

Big congrats!
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 02:15 AM   #49
APatel1984
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
That’s exactly what happened to me when I put the watch on. There’s no denying how well the watch sits on the wrist and how spot on it looks.

Big congrats!
Thanks mate!
Old 13 February 2019, 02:16 AM   #50
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

definitely pick that up! They are amazing pieces, and when you get bored you can always sell for a little profit. Granted, if you're just picking it up to turn it around, then maybe give the next guy on the list a shot at a super happy day!

Edit, read you did it, and I know you'll love it!
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 02:17 AM   #51
APatel1984
Banned

Also, only downside is the Batman definitely has to go now. I couldn't sacrifice the Daytona, and I prefer it tbh.

Batman has barely been worn, June 2018 and still has some stickers on if anyone is interested! Not going to lie, will be looking to make a decent premium given how much the AP has set me back!
Old 13 February 2019, 03:24 AM   #52
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Congratulations!! And yes pics would be great. It’s the quintessential AP.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 04:03 AM   #53
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Congratulations! You tried it on, you liked it, you took it! Skip the cheap champagne and enjoy that icon!
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 05:17 AM   #54
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Great pickup! Congratulations!
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 05:31 AM   #55
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:

You’ve hit the nail on the head, Harrods get such heavy hitters that 20k is peanuts to them. For future purchases you should go to Brooks Mews, head office, there you will get the champagne before you buy and the continued feeling that you’ve joined a great club after you buy.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 05:53 AM   #56
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
You’ve hit the nail on the head, Harrods get such heavy hitters that 20k is peanuts to them. For future purchases you should go to Brooks Mews, head office, there you will get the champagne before you buy and the continued feeling that you’ve joined a great club after you buy.

I'll be popping in probably next month and was thinking of going to Claridges round the corner for a quick lunch, but the Club Sandwich at £24 is taking the peace.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 06:03 AM   #57
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I'll be popping in probably next month and was thinking of going to Claridges round the corner for a quick lunch, but the Club Sandwich at £24 is taking the peace.

I like to go for a pizza with Sam & Chris, from this forum, in Harrods and it’s a similar situation but somehow I think it’s worth it.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 06:19 AM   #58
duc888
"TRF" Member

Congratulations to your new jumbo.
And at this moment I have to admit that I am on of the exceptions who declined an offered 15202 from my boutique.
I know what you think....but I tried it on and an my 19.5cm wrist it just looked too small compared to my 15400. Even I´ve got the feeling that the 15202 wears smaller than the 116500 which I also own but rarely wear due to the size.
So there will be another AP fan in Germany who will get the long awaited call.
The salespersons also agreed that it looks very tiny and they were very pleased with my decision and told me they would remember me if I had a wish for the future.
Who knows what it was good for.
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 02:06 PM   #59
thanakornl
"TRF" Member

consider yourself lucky and congrat on your new acquire!
thanakornl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 02:36 PM   #60
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:

Quote:
Also, only downside is the Batman definitely has to go now. I couldn't sacrifice the Daytona, and I prefer it tbh.

Batman has barely been worn, June 2018 and still has some stickers on if anyone is interested! Not going to lie, will be looking to make a decent premium given how much the AP has set me back!
Congrats on the pick-up! I think between the two that had to go, you made the right choice. Enjoy your new Jumbo in the best of health!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote