The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 September 2020, 11:02 PM   #1
coloradojs
"TRF" Member

AD/Rolex VIP Events

Hi all,

I got a call from my AD this week inviting me to a “VIP” event with 30 other folks in late October to celebrate the launch of the 2020 Rolex Models. He said there would be a Rolex representative there taking orders for any of the new models and that anything ordered at the event would arrive in 2 weeks up to 2 months depending on model. They will also have all of the watches there in store to try on.

I am 99% certain this event is put on by the AD and AD’s would all do a VIP event differently, but just trying to figure out if anyone else has had a similar sort of experience, if a Rolex “representative “ is a real thing and what to expect.

I have a great relationship with my AD so I have no reason to believe it won’t be as he described, but don’t want to build my excitement for a month only to be let down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coloradojs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:05 PM   #2
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
I have been to these events in the past. They are indeed organised by the AD. There will be a Rolex rep there but it's news to me that anything ordered at the event will be delivered within 2months.
Old 20 September 2020, 02:17 AM   #3
coloradojs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
I have been to these events in the past. They are indeed organised by the AD. There will be a Rolex rep there but it's news to me that anything ordered at the event will be delivered within 2months.

Agreed. It may just be his commitment to get me the watches I want based on our relationship and my previous spending , but it was odd to be so specific which is what threw me off. Made me wonder if it was something Rolex was committing to for VIPs with the Holiday day season coming up.

Old 18 September 2020, 11:07 PM   #4
Cyclops888
"TRF" Member

That will be nice! Tell us how it went.
And ofcourse have fun!
Cyclops888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:15 PM   #5
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Seems to be a steady flow of new models now...I wonder if this year things will be different...everything else has been..
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:15 PM   #6
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
My AD has done similar events in the past. Usually there are hors d'oeuvres, cocktails and/or wine served. The Rolex rep usually is their district representative who shows up, answers questions, and explains to all what the new models are, the differences, and may offer some insight on why Rolex did certain things.

When I went to our AD's Daytona event, they had some of the models there (a white and black 116500, a TT, and some PMs including the Platona) that we could try on, but they were either dummy models, or already spoken for. I wouldn't expect them to have any models there for purchase.

It's a great time and be sure to let us know how it went and post some pics!
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 11:32 PM   #7
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Sounds like it will be a fun time. If you can take pics we would love to see.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 09:40 AM   #8
coloradojs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
Sounds like it will be a fun time. If you can take pics we would love to see.

Absolutely! Isn’t until 10/24 but happy to share what I can from the event!

Old 19 September 2020, 12:11 AM   #9
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
VIP life - awesome!
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 12:15 AM   #10
Jb1264
"TRF" Member

Hope they deliver and none of this bait & switch tactics
I had a similar email to view the new range at a dedicated time
Have yet to hear back from the SA confirming a day/time...
Jb1264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 10:24 AM   #11
coloradojs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb1264 View Post
Hope they deliver and none of this bait & switch tactics
I had a similar email to view the new range at a dedicated time
Have yet to hear back from the SA confirming a day/time...

I do too. I have a great relationship with my AD/SA so I highly doubt there would be any disingenuous stuff going on. He personally called me to invite and I was only taken aback when he said that they would be taking orders and gave a timeline on when we would get the watches. I am likely going to order the LV and the no date sub. I will report back on how it goes!

Old 19 September 2020, 12:49 AM   #12
Dini
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060/126710BLRO
I'm going to a Rolex event mid-October to see all of the new models along with other models (apparently 200 in total) but it's not a 'VIP' event. It's done on an appointment basis due to Covid. I'm looking forward to being able to actually try some watches on but I'm very much certain we wont be able to place orders for them.
Dini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 12:58 AM   #13
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I went to my dealer's trunk show yesterday, posted a thread about it. Their RolexUSA rep was not there but if he had been, he would not be "taking orders." I've met him before.
I did talk availability with my SA. They know what they will receive for the rest of the year, have not been given their allocations for 2021 yet. As an example I could get a black Sub Date or any new OP by the end of the year, could be up to a year for an LV. If I get anything it will be a yellow OP41.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 09:41 AM   #14
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

The one I went to had stock that day to sell. But kept in the back.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 10:22 AM   #15
MrJKLFoams
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexOmegaJLC
Last time I went to an event was in 2019 and showed us all the new models as usual the dummy ones. Im a good customer of that AD but they didnt ask if we want something that they can order for us instead they told us that we knew what you want. Fast forward almost a year after that event I got a phone call from the AD that my 126660 Dblue is ready and it has my name on it.
MrJKLFoams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 11:04 AM   #16
Plebs
"TRF" Member

AD/Rolex VIP Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradojs View Post
Hi all,

I got a call from my AD this week inviting me to a “VIP” event with 30 other folks in late October to celebrate the launch of the 2020 Rolex Models. He said there would be a Rolex representative there taking orders for any of the new models and that anything ordered at the event would arrive in 2 weeks up to 2 months depending on model. They will also have all of the watches there in store to try on.

I am 99% certain this event is put on by the AD and AD’s would all do a VIP event differently, but just trying to figure out if anyone else has had a similar sort of experience, if a Rolex “representative “ is a real thing and what to expect.

I have a great relationship with my AD so I have no reason to believe it won’t be as he described, but don’t want to build my excitement for a month only to be let down!

Loved it very memorable, went to one this year for Tudor. Less people we only had 10 people and only a very few select stores participated in this. The release was the new/recent Black Bay 58 “Blue Bay”! If they mentioned the watch timeframes I would believe it. No different for ours. You have a great friend / relationship with your AD .

Plebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 11:16 AM   #17
sugarl4nd
"TRF" Member

Just had this VIP event yesterday, very nice to be able to try on the new releases. Pleasant experience overall

Last edited by sugarl4nd; 19 September 2020 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: Edit
sugarl4nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 09:13 AM   #18
coloradojs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarl4nd View Post
Just had this VIP event yesterday, very nice to be able to try on the new releases. Pleasant experience overall

Did they allow for orders?

Old 19 September 2020, 11:49 AM   #19
jlovda
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513,1675,216570
Reading about this is like sitting back in the last row of coach watching the flight attendants topping off all of the wine glasses way up in first class. With everything in the world now, you have to pay to play.
jlovda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 02:22 AM   #20
coloradojs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlovda View Post
Reading about this is like sitting back in the last row of coach watching the flight attendants topping off all of the wine glasses way up in first class. With everything in the world now, you have to pay to play.

It is unfortunately true. I’ve been on both sides of it in my life. Both have their pros and cons! A “VIP” event where I feel slightly obligated to spend 20k-30k (let’s be honest, they won’t have to pry my card out of my hand) isn’t really all that special.

Old 19 September 2020, 01:08 PM   #21
redtigers
"TRF" Member

congratulations! i am in colorado and trying to purchase my first rolex from ADs but only crickets and wildfire smoke for us non VIPs. enjoy the event!
redtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 01:15 AM   #22
coloradojs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtigers View Post
congratulations! i am in colorado and trying to purchase my first rolex from ADs but only crickets and wildfire smoke for us non VIPs. enjoy the event!

Depending on where you are located reach out to me privately .I have a great SA In Denver and in sure he’d love the referral business if you are a serious buyer!

Old 19 September 2020, 01:27 PM   #23
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradojs View Post
Hi all,

I have been invited to a similar VIP event by my AD here in Miami, specifically at Merrick Park Mall
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 10:06 AM   #24
MBgle
"TRF" Member

I also received a phone call about an event to showcase the new models. The event will be held at the end of the month. My SA mentioned that they may have stock of the new releases for purchase on that day and if they don’t, they will be available to order.
MBgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 11:05 AM   #25
coloradojs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBgle View Post
I also received a phone call about an event to showcase the new models. The event will be held at the end of the month. My SA mentioned that they may have stock of the new releases for purchase on that day and if they don’t, they will be available to order.

Hopefully you plan to attend! This seems to be a concerted effort by Rolex to do some more VIP events with more immediate availability for new models. Would love to hear about your experience!

Old 22 September 2020, 11:06 AM   #26
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
I went to the trunk show last week on Sept. 16 at the boutique. They had all the new releases to try on. My wonderful SA asked me that which one I was interested to have. I said Sub. Date and new Kermit.

She went to the back and came back with two boxes, I was shocked and gave her my credit card. After sizing to fit my wrist, she came back with couple good gift for me too. I was very happy that got it on that day without waiting.

Lucky me!
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 11:21 AM   #27
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
I went to the trunk show last week on Sept. 16 at the boutique. They had all the new releases to try on. My wonderful SA asked me that which one I was interested to have. I said Sub. Date and new Kermit.

She went to the back and came back with two boxes, I was shocked and gave her my credit card. After sizing to fit my wrist, she came back with couple good gift for me too. I was very happy that got it on that day without waiting.

Lucky me!
Outstanding.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41 White/Romans
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 11:40 AM   #28
tx02ag
"TRF" Member

Similar experience. Attended an event last weekend. Walked away with 2 new releases. LOTS of watches sold that day at my AD.
♛ Rolex Sky-Dweller 326934 - White Dial ♛ Rolex Milgauss 116400GV - Z-Blue ♛ Tudor Black Bay 79030B - Navy Blue ♛ Rolex Submariner 126613LB - Blusey ♛ Tudor Black Bay 79010 - 58 925 ♛ Rolex Daytona 116500LN - White Dial ♛ Rolex Sea-Dweller 126600 - SD43 ♛ Rolex GMT-Master II 126710 BLRO ♛ Rolex Oyster Perpetual 124300 - Turquoise ♛ Rolex Daytona 116519LN - Steel Dial
tx02ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 01:07 PM   #29
Wmrcer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx02ag View Post
Similar experience. Attended an event last weekend. Walked away with 2 new releases. LOTS of watches sold that day at my AD.
Which AD?
Wmrcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 01:33 PM   #30
tx02ag
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmrcer View Post
Which AD?
Thomas Markle.
♛ Rolex Sky-Dweller 326934 - White Dial ♛ Rolex Milgauss 116400GV - Z-Blue ♛ Tudor Black Bay 79030B - Navy Blue ♛ Rolex Submariner 126613LB - Blusey ♛ Tudor Black Bay 79010 - 58 925 ♛ Rolex Daytona 116500LN - White Dial ♛ Rolex Sea-Dweller 126600 - SD43 ♛ Rolex GMT-Master II 126710 BLRO ♛ Rolex Oyster Perpetual 124300 - Turquoise ♛ Rolex Daytona 116519LN - Steel Dial
tx02ag is offline   Reply With Quote