The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 September 2020, 01:40 PM   #31
grimps
"TRF" Member

I get an invite every year but have never turned up , it's usually held at a posh local hotel and I never feel comfortable in places like that.
My dealer gets a little upset that I never turn up as he says I'm one of their best customers
grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 01:45 PM   #32
klenboy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I always enjoy the VIP events they have every year. Looking forward to physically see the new pieces!
klenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 01:56 PM   #33
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
events at the AD are usually an opportunity to buy something. let us know how it works out for you.
Old 26 October 2020, 07:58 AM   #34
coloradojs
"TRF" Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to update this thread for those who are still interested! I finally had my VIP time slot yesterday at my AD. I apologize in advance about lack of decent photos. Once we got to chatting and getting my gifts / ND Sub sized the time flew by and ended up not taking as many photos as I thought I would!

Had an 1 hour long appointment with my SA in a private room at the AD. Not too much pomp and circumstance. No food or drink other than a water and a glass of champagne. We chatted and caught up since I hadn't seen him in person since my last pre-covid purchase in early March. He then brought out the boxes (4) that contained all the new models and encouraged me to try any and all on and to take as many photos as I'd like (I got sidetracked with 300k+ watches in front of me).

He explained that Rolex is doing these type of events in 17 states. This particular AD got 40 VIP time slots. My SA got 4 to use at his discretion since there are a total of 10 SA's. I was very grateful considering his client list has many people much wealthier than myself as well as A-list athletes. I do spend more than them, but notoriety is valued by many AD's. He said that the goal is to be able to offer each VIP a watch on the spot if they had stock of a model in store. The general consensus was that they ONLY got 3 of the SS sport models 2 of any two-tone and one or none of PM models. Not a lot to go around for 40 people!

Going in to the appt I was most interested in the 126610LV , the ND Sub, and the WG Sub. None of them disappointed and I will be getting all 3. The LV had a total of 10 people on the VIP waitlist so I will have to wait slightly for that one, but he is confident I will have by end of year . The white gold sub is a TBD on wait , but he was confident I'd get by February. He did offer me the ND sub which I bought ok the spot. I get all watches shipped to my home as I save 5% in sales tax but it was nice to at least "walk out" with a watch! Only reason I got the ND is it has been a gap in the collection, but it's a nice watch nonetheless!

All VIP's received a Rolex pen with our name on it (SA said it's a $500 pen but I will take that with many teaspoons of salt) as well as a personalized autographed cookbook of some sort. My wife already had the cookbook of course so that backfired in making me look good! I also got a Rolex single watch travel roll
With the ND sub as my gift, and for the LV he will get me the 3 watch roll if he can. Always nice to have!

My observations about a few models I tried on:

-126610LV and the WG sub were the stars of the show in my eyes! LV was very subtle pop of color and really understated without being boring. The WG model Was STUNNING. Loved the blue tone. I already have the Smurf and I like them both almost equally. I like the Smurf looks more, but the new WG fit is substantially better in my eyes so couldn't pass it up.

- I get why people love the Tiffany Blue OP. It isn't for me but it's a really cool watch and a fantastic color.

- Skydwellers were duds. 41K for a rubber band PM? Nope. The band was comfortable, but I wouldn't say dramatically better than oyster.

-I really loved the YG sub. Not my style, but it was gorgeous and a really beautiful piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coloradojs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 08:33 AM   #35
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradojs View Post
Hi all,

Just wanted to update this thread for those who are still interested! I finally had my VIP time slot yesterday at my AD. I apologize in advance about lack of decent photos. Once we got to chatting and getting my gifts / ND Sub sized the time flew by and ended up not taking as many photos as I thought I would!

Had an 1 hour long appointment with my SA in a private room at the AD. Not too much pomp and circumstance. No food or drink other than a water and a glass of champagne. We chatted and caught up since I hadn't seen him in person since my last pre-covid purchase in early March. He then brought out the boxes (4) that contained all the new models and encouraged me to try any and all on and to take as many photos as I'd like (I got sidetracked with 300k+ watches in front of me).

He explained that Rolex is doing these type of events in 17 states. This particular AD got 40 VIP time slots. My SA got 4 to use at his discretion since there are a total of 10 SA's. I was very grateful considering his client list has many people much wealthier than myself as well as A-list athletes. I do spend more than them, but notoriety is valued by many AD's. He said that the goal is to be able to offer each VIP a watch on the spot if they had stock of a model in store. The general consensus was that they ONLY got 3 of the SS sport models 2 of any two-tone and one or none of PM models. Not a lot to go around for 40 people!

Going in to the appt I was most interested in the 126610LV , the ND Sub, and the WG Sub. None of them disappointed and I will be getting all 3. The LV had a total of 10 people on the VIP waitlist so I will have to wait slightly for that one, but he is confident I will have by end of year . The white gold sub is a TBD on wait , but he was confident I'd get by February. He did offer me the ND sub which I bought ok the spot. I get all watches shipped to my home as I save 5% in sales tax but it was nice to at least "walk out" with a watch! Only reason I got the ND is it has been a gap in the collection, but it's a nice watch nonetheless!

All VIP's received a Rolex pen with our name on it (SA said it's a $500 pen but I will take that with many teaspoons of salt) as well as a personalized autographed cookbook of some sort. My wife already had the cookbook of course so that backfired in making me look good! I also got a Rolex single watch travel roll
With the ND sub as my gift, and for the LV he will get me the 3 watch roll if he can. Always nice to have!

-126610LV and the WG sub were the stars of the show in my eyes! LV was very subtle pop of color and really understated without being boring. The WG model Was STUNNING. Loved the blue tone. I already have the Smurf and I like them both almost equally. I like the Smurf looks more, but the new WG fit is substantially better in my eyes so couldn't pass it up.

- I get why people love the Tiffany Blue OP. It isn't for me but it's a really cool watch and a fantastic color.

- Skydwellers were duds. 41K for a rubber band PM? Nope. The band was comfortable, but I wouldn't say dramatically better than oyster.

-I really loved the YG sub. Not my style, but it was gorgeous and a really beautiful piece.

cool
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 10:35 AM   #36
StriveFor6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradojs View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your experience! From your pictures, I’d definitely chose the wg sub if cost was no consideration. The blue is just the right amount without being too flashy. I like the smurf, but it’s just too much blue for me. The new wg reminds me of my BLNR with the colors but with a bit more blue.

StriveFor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 11:07 AM   #37
rfs
"TRF" Member

Nice!
rfs is offline   Reply With Quote