The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 4 October 2020, 03:54 AM   #1
Karlen
"TRF" Member

Icon9 Rolex Submariner alarming sound

I purchased an 116610LV in a great condition from a reputable seller in my country. After a couple of weeks I heard a "click click", sometimes just ”click” sound when moving my hand at my head area. I took the bracelet off and the sound was still there. The clicking isnt all the time, it does not follow some sort of pattern.

The sound can be heard from an arm length away easily in a quiet room.

I am looking for advice. If i should take it to AD or leave it be. The clock keeps the time within COSC.

I have uploaded the sound.
sndup. net/27hg

Regards

Last edited by Karlen; 4 October 2020 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2020, 07:42 AM   #2
Karlen
"TRF" Member

Forgot to mention that the sound mostly occurs when the movement of the arm/hand/wrist changes rapidly.
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2020, 11:31 AM   #3
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Sounds as if the winding rotor is noisy. Have a service tech open it for a look-see.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2020, 08:19 PM   #4
18078pres
"TRF" Member

rotor lose service time don't leave it alone will cause more damage
18078pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2020, 07:16 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlen View Post
I purchased an 116610LV in a great condition from a reputable seller in my country. After a couple of weeks I heard a "click click", sometimes just ”click” sound when moving my hand at my head area. I took the bracelet off and the sound was still there. The clicking isnt all the time, it does not follow some sort of pattern.

The sound can be heard from an arm length away easily in a quiet room.

I am looking for advice. If i should take it to AD or leave it be. The clock keeps the time within COSC.

I have uploaded the sound.
sndup. net/27hg

Regards
In the 31 series movements the main Achilles heal in is the rotor shaft bearings, Rolex lubricates this with special type of grease, now this grease tends to dry-out especially in warmer climates and when it does, the rotor pivots are left without any lubrication. When the pivots become worn, or from lack of grease the bearing is able to move excessively from the normal plane of motion that makes the very slight rattle noise, and sometimes rubs on the case back. But in general the sleeve type old type Rolex rotors are quite problem free and some go on for many many years without trouble but others fail for lack of service. But if the rotor bearings are worn watch will need a full strip down service.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 07:07 AM   #6
Ron P
"TRF" Member

Simply clean and relubricate the rotor axle every 2 or 3 years, a small, maybe 15 minute job for a watchmaker. This will seriously extend the life of the rotor bearing, axle.
Ron P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 08:05 AM   #7
Rolex tom
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex,seiko,Omega
Indeed sounds like your Rotor bearing is past it’s best. Send it in to be looked at.
Rolex tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2020, 03:50 AM   #8
SOG DIVER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680Red-551214060M
Good observations on the 3130/3135 movements with attention to the rotor axle and bearing. Regular service will insure a small irritation does not
grow into an expensive problem. Consider an independent Rolex CW-21 with an excellent reputation. In many cases you get the same level of quality as an RSO along with
a 1 or 2yr service warranty at reasonable expense. Your original watch parts will also remain original, excepting any internal replaced movement parts due to wear.
SOG DIVER is offline   Reply With Quote