The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Closed Thread

Old 12 December 2011, 09:53 PM   #1
Riseman Weather
Banned

Watch: G-Shock Riseman
Icon2 Any Invicta 8926OBV2 fans here?

I just got mine about a week ago. It isn't a Rolex Submariner, but it is a great homage watch though. It makes me want to get a real Rolex Submariner, but for obvious reasons I can't. The expensive price, and the danger of having an expensive watch in public too.
Old 19 December 2011, 09:05 AM   #2
matt4hand
Banned

Watch: Tramp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseman Weather View Post
I just got mine about a week ago. It isn't a Rolex Submariner, but it is a great homage watch though. It makes me want to get a real Rolex Submariner, but for obvious reasons I can't. The expensive price, and the danger of having an expensive watch in public too.
There is really no danger in having a Rolex in public. Insure the watch and forget about it. Wear it, use it enjoy it.
Old 19 December 2011, 09:13 AM   #3
Kevin.S
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4hand View Post
There is really no danger in having a Rolex in public. Insure the watch and forget about it. Wear it, use it enjoy it.
Totally Agree!! life is short,, why wear Invicta when you can sport a Submariner
Old 19 December 2011, 09:48 AM   #4
drockadam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi.
Icon10 I'm a fan of the 8926OB!

I love mine! It's my favorite watch. I bought it cause it reminds me to get a 16610 Submariner one day. Also because a 16 year old can't afford a Submariner. I brushed out my PCL's (Polished Center Links) now the bracelet is all brushed Stainless Steel. Here's some shots of mine!

And here is my future watch....

Old 20 December 2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Riseman Weather
Banned

I really think Rolex should be honored that their design on their Rolex Submariner is a tried and true design.
Old 20 December 2011, 07:57 AM   #6
Riseman Weather
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, but I really think a gun or a knife has the final say. Don't you think? I know the Rolex Submariner is one of the most copied watches ever. So, that might help if you tell people it is fake from the start. One of the things I admire about Great Depression era people is they always want something really nice, but if it is way too expensive. They won't get it, even if they can afford it, because they value money way too much. There is something charming with a homage Rolex, or a fake Rolex in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I still would like a Rolex watch if I could afford one. But, in a social context. I understand all the different opinions about it. I would totally like to get a Rolex that the great leader Winston Churchill wore, like a pink gold Rolex Datejust , or the the watch brave Britain military men wore in World War 2. I think it was a Rolex Air-King.
Old 20 December 2011, 08:31 AM   #7
Riseman Weather
Banned

I speak from experience. I wore my Grandfather's Gold Tone Timex on a nice gold tone Speidel watch band. It was totally worthless, other than a family heirloom, but it looked like a million bucks. While I was in the boy's locker room changing room in high school changing out of my gym clothes. Some thug asshole decided to try to take my nice watch from my wrist. But, he failed. Fuck him. I hope he is dead in a ditch right now. That is how much I hated him, not because of what he did. He was just an asshole. If this was another message board that wasn't so politically correct. I would probably say other stuff about it that I want to say. But, I respect this board, and I respect the good hearted watch community.
Old 20 December 2011, 08:36 AM   #8
drockadam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi.
I kinda understand what your saying. People are fine as we've discussed on the Forums with their Rolex anywhere. If your ridiculous with your watch like walking around streets yelling "GOT TO CHECK THE TIME ON MY ROLEX" or "I LOVE MY ROLEX" and such, you will probably get mugged, or give people ideas. Rolex and Invicta have had a case against the Pro Diver homage. That's why the new Invicta bezels are different, and not the exact same font as the Submariner. My Invicta was produced before they had this case. As you can probably tell, there aren't many Invicta fans on this great forum. But, hey everyone has their own opinions and that's fine.

Let's get to Rolex. The new Rose Gold (Everose) Datejust's are very nice! Here's some pics of some I found on the web!

Old 20 December 2011, 09:06 AM   #9
matt4hand
Banned

Watch: Tramp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseman Weather View Post
Thanks for the advice, but I really think a gun or a knife has the final say. Don't you think? I know the Rolex Submariner is one of the most copied watches ever. So, that might help if you tell people it is fake from the start.

There is something charming with a homage Rolex, or a fake Rolex in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I still would like a Rolex watch if I could afford one. .

We don't discuss fakes here.
They are an insult to anyone who has saved and sacrificed to buy a genuine Rolex.

If someone has a knife or gun I will happily hand over my watch and get reimbursed via my insurance company.
Old 20 December 2011, 09:08 AM   #10
Riseman Weather
Banned

Quote:

We don't discuss fakes here.
They are an insult to anyone who has saved and sacrificed to buy a genuine Rolex.

If someone has a knife or gun I will happily hand over my watch and get reimbursed via my insurance company.
Invicta Pro Divers aren't fake. They are a homage. Just saying. Thanks for cutting up my post to fit your own opinions there. I hope you aren't a Rolex snob like there are beer snobs. Stuff like that isn't cool in the watch community. The Rolex watch is the tried and true watch to most people, but most people understand there are other watches just as good.
Old 20 December 2011, 09:14 AM   #11
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
OP... you have begun to discuss fakes. Read the rules and abide by them or face the consequences. You will not be warned again.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Closed Thread