The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 19 December 2017, 04:12 AM   #91
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
estate sale disclaimer is the universal RUN AWAY warning.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 06:52 AM   #92
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eelpie View Post
. . . they should take care of it pretty smartly.
Elaborate?
We all reported this, and I would say, it was our first failure.
Something mighty strange, based on my knowledge and observations.

Adam
Old 19 December 2017, 08:05 AM   #93
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15223, 6305/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Elaborate?

Adam
There are e-mails that can be sent, and calls that can be made, and usually they work pretty well once the work week has begun.

That nothing apparent has happened is baffling, but I still doubt the villain will get any money.
eelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:06 AM   #94
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

I intentionally bought 4 watches for thousands of dollars from this guy in order to prevent others from being scammed. Here are our messages back and forth. Start from the bottom with message 1.

MESSAGE 10 BELOW

Cancel my bids. I don't believe anybody at ebay told you this since it's a direct violation of their policies. Can you imagine what would happen if ebay, or any legitimate establishment for that matter, allowed people to sell watches or sunglasses or Gucci shoes for thousands of dollars as long as they put a disclaimer in such as yours? Ridiculous. What you're doing is immoral, unethical and illegal and the fact that you are doing this so close to Christmas should make you especially ashamed of yourself.

MESSAGE 9 BELOW

I live an hour and a half from a Rolex dealer and don’t have the time to take the or I would of already done it and possibly collected more cash. I talk to eBay the told me I was legal that I did not force anyone to bid and I told the truth at the beginning. But if your threatening me with the law and everything else you stated I just assume keep them and when I do get a chance to get to a Rolex store I will trade up to something nicer for myself. You saw the description why would you bid on something you are not sure of if you were not willing to gamble the hulk watch alone at Rolex is 35k it’s a risk I understand cause I did it when I bought them if your will to takeout

MESSAGE 8 BELOW

You can go to a watch shop tomorrow and get them authenticated. Then I could pay tomorrow. You'd rather lose out on the sale of four watches and find yourself in this same predicament in the next auction? That doesn't make sense.

MESSAGE 7 BELOW

Don’t pay then cause I’m not willing to take the chance I have told everyone from the beginning I can’t authenticate them including eBay after I was reported I don’t know if they are real or not and the pawn shop could not tell the difference. I will cancel all your orders.

MESSAGE 6 BELOW

Okay, I'll pay for the watches when I get home tonight. However, I plan to take the unopened packages directly to a Rolex dealer and if they are not authentic I will file for a refund since you are 1. Not allowed to sell fakes on ebay 2. Not allowed to put authenticity caveats like you did in your listings on ebay. If, for some reason, ebay doesn't give me a refund I will file a chargeback on my credit card. Furthermore, I will not be returning any fakes to you. I will be handing them over to the authorities and filing charges against you for mail fraud. You are liable for selling fakes in the same way you would be liable for selling stolen goods. Whether or not you knew the goods were stolen or counterfeit is irrelevant unless you can prove that a reasonable person would not otherwise know those goods were stolen or counterfeit.

Would you please make sure the watches arrive before Christmas? They're gifts. Happy holidays.

MESSAGE 5 BELOW

No I’m not taking returns. I purchased them the same way I’m selling them. We got see pictures of what was in the lot then everyone put in a blind bid and the highest bidder won. No returns authenticity not guaranteed. But at the same time we got a chance at buying a $20k watch for 2k. It is a gamble but it’s a gamble I’ve been happy with so far. This was in the description if you are one of the winners of the auction we need to know if you are going to follow through cause I do have a lot of people behind you that will take the chance at getting 10k to 30k watch for half or in some cases 1/4 of the price that you would pay at the store.

MESSAGE 4 BELOW

I asked because you have a no return policy. If I bring these to a Rolex dealer and they're declared counterfeit, what do we do then? I assume I would be able to return them, correct?

MESSAGE 3 BELOW

No in the description I wrote I can not authenticate these watches. I purchased them from an estate sale we bought a 16k sqft house a Rolex lot jewelry lot and a lot of shotguns my partners kept what we wanted and put the rest on eBay this is why I started them so low the rose gold watch alone new is around 90k but I got a good deal so I tried to pass it along I’m not a jeweler I’m in real estate I do own a Rolex i got at a Rolex store in Vegas and I can’t tell the difference. I did take1 to a pawn shop and they offered me 1k for it but they are always low. They are sold as is. They are all beautiful I just have not been able to get the backs off to see what kind of mechanism I do know they are all self winding as soon as you pick one up the start running. If your not going to pay let me know I have had multiple other offers

MESSAGE 2

I won a few of your watches. Are you sure they are authentic?

MESSAGE 1

Hi BUYER,

Thanks for your business! I am ready to ship the following item: Rolex Oyster Submariner Mens Green Hulk 40MM estate find just in time for Xmas US $8,850

Unfortunately, I can't ship the above until I've received a payment. Can you please let me know when I can expect a payment?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!
Cryptoconniption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:20 AM   #95
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There are e-mails that can be sent, and calls that can be made, and usually they work pretty well once the work week has begun.

That nothing apparent has happened is baffling, but I still doubt the villain will get any money.
Really, you can call and email the Enhanced Reporting Teams - IMPRESSIVE
Old 19 December 2017, 08:23 AM   #96
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptoconniption View Post
I intentionally bought 4 watches for thousands of dollars from this guy in order to prevent others from being scammed. Here are our messages back and forth. Start from the bottom with message 1.

MESSAGE 10 BELOW

Cancel my bids. I don't believe anybody at ebay told you this since it's a direct violation of their policies. Can you imagine what would happen if ebay, or any legitimate establishment for that matter, allowed people to sell watches or sunglasses or Gucci shoes for thousands of dollars as long as they put a disclaimer in such as yours? Ridiculous. What you're doing is immoral, unethical and illegal and the fact that you are doing this so close to Christmas should make you especially ashamed of yourself.

MESSAGE 9 BELOW

I live an hour and a half from a Rolex dealer and don’t have the time to take the or I would of already done it and possibly collected more cash. I talk to eBay the told me I was legal that I did not force anyone to bid and I told the truth at the beginning. But if your threatening me with the law and everything else you stated I just assume keep them and when I do get a chance to get to a Rolex store I will trade up to something nicer for myself. You saw the description why would you bid on something you are not sure of if you were not willing to gamble the hulk watch alone at Rolex is 35k it’s a risk I understand cause I did it when I bought them if your will to takeout

MESSAGE 8 BELOW

You can go to a watch shop tomorrow and get them authenticated. Then I could pay tomorrow. You'd rather lose out on the sale of four watches and find yourself in this same predicament in the next auction? That doesn't make sense.

MESSAGE 7 BELOW

Don’t pay then cause I’m not willing to take the chance I have told everyone from the beginning I can’t authenticate them including eBay after I was reported I don’t know if they are real or not and the pawn shop could not tell the difference. I will cancel all your orders.

MESSAGE 6 BELOW

Okay, I'll pay for the watches when I get home tonight. However, I plan to take the unopened packages directly to a Rolex dealer and if they are not authentic I will file for a refund since you are 1. Not allowed to sell fakes on ebay 2. Not allowed to put authenticity caveats like you did in your listings on ebay. If, for some reason, ebay doesn't give me a refund I will file a chargeback on my credit card. Furthermore, I will not be returning any fakes to you. I will be handing them over to the authorities and filing charges against you for mail fraud. You are liable for selling fakes in the same way you would be liable for selling stolen goods. Whether or not you knew the goods were stolen or counterfeit is irrelevant unless you can prove that a reasonable person would not otherwise know those goods were stolen or counterfeit.

Would you please make sure the watches arrive before Christmas? They're gifts. Happy holidays.

MESSAGE 5 BELOW

No I’m not taking returns. I purchased them the same way I’m selling them. We got see pictures of what was in the lot then everyone put in a blind bid and the highest bidder won. No returns authenticity not guaranteed. But at the same time we got a chance at buying a $20k watch for 2k. It is a gamble but it’s a gamble I’ve been happy with so far. This was in the description if you are one of the winners of the auction we need to know if you are going to follow through cause I do have a lot of people behind you that will take the chance at getting 10k to 30k watch for half or in some cases 1/4 of the price that you would pay at the store.

MESSAGE 4 BELOW

I asked because you have a no return policy. If I bring these to a Rolex dealer and they're declared counterfeit, what do we do then? I assume I would be able to return them, correct?

MESSAGE 3 BELOW

No in the description I wrote I can not authenticate these watches. I purchased them from an estate sale we bought a 16k sqft house a Rolex lot jewelry lot and a lot of shotguns my partners kept what we wanted and put the rest on eBay this is why I started them so low the rose gold watch alone new is around 90k but I got a good deal so I tried to pass it along I’m not a jeweler I’m in real estate I do own a Rolex i got at a Rolex store in Vegas and I can’t tell the difference. I did take1 to a pawn shop and they offered me 1k for it but they are always low. They are sold as is. They are all beautiful I just have not been able to get the backs off to see what kind of mechanism I do know they are all self winding as soon as you pick one up the start running. If your not going to pay let me know I have had multiple other offers

MESSAGE 2

MESSAGE 1

Hi BUYER,

Thanks for your business! I am ready to ship the following item: Rolex Oyster Submariner Mens Green Hulk 40MM estate find just in time for Xmas US $8,850

Unfortunately, I can't ship the above until I've received a payment. Can you please let me know when I can expect a payment?

Thanks!
AWEWSOME - GREAT STUFF
Thanks
Old 19 December 2017, 08:25 AM   #97
eelpie
"TRF" Member

In one message to me . . .

. . . he said he was just trying to provide for his wife and three children.

You know, as if the people he'd screw don't have families?

Personally, I wouldn't have told him I wouldn't be paying. The guy is a greedy, conniving bastard, and letting him stew while payment was pending would have served him right.

It would also have given the under-bidders a clue that something was less than Kosher.
Old 19 December 2017, 08:33 AM   #98
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
. . . he said he was just trying to provide for his wife and three children.

You know, as if the people he'd screw don't have families?

Personally, I wouldn't have told him I wouldn't be paying. The guy is a greedy, conniving bastard, and letting him stew while payment was pending would have served him right.

It would also have given the under-bidders a clue that something was less than Kosher.

Kosher?
Can you advise to this -
Quote:

Really, you can call and email the Enhanced Reporting Teams - IMPRESSIVE
Old 19 December 2017, 08:42 AM   #99
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:

MESSAGE 10 BELOW

MESSAGE 9 BELOW

MESSAGE 8 BELOW

MESSAGE 7 BELOW

MESSAGE 6 BELOW

MESSAGE 5 BELOW

MESSAGE 4 BELOW

MESSAGE 3 BELOW

MESSAGE 2

MESSAGE 1

Hi BUYER,

Thanks!
That guy is a joke. A hulk is 35k? Also ebay allows you to return items if not guaranteed as not described. Had to do it once with an ST Dupont Lighter.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:44 AM   #100
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Well done for buying this crap and foiling the faker.

There is still a crappy Exp2 up for sale and bidding is over $5K, needs taking down.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:48 AM   #101
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
I reported the EXP II again. But I don't have faith that ebay will take it down considering their track record with this guy. I reached out to seller told him it was fake. Really hope no one gets burned by this guy.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:52 AM   #102
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Try leaving negative feedback on Ebay for all 4 listings. That will prevent others from being duped when he relists them or tries to offer '2nd chance offer' to other bidders. Shameful
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:57 AM   #103
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Also lets send the faker messages telling him we are watching him and we know what the scumbag is doing.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 09:47 AM   #104
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Try leaving negative feedback on Ebay for all 4 listings. That will prevent others from being duped when he relists them or tries to offer '2nd chance offer' to other bidders. Shameful
Good idea. Done.
Old 19 December 2017, 10:06 AM   #105
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good idea. Done.
Excellent. It'll be interesting to see how Ebay responds when/if he complains about the neg feedback.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 10:11 AM   #106
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

If someone would put a sky high bid on the explorer II that would stop the sale.
Old 19 December 2017, 10:13 AM   #107
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

Important: If someone would request his contact details on ebay that would probably prevent his putting any left over watches up for sale in the future. You can easily do this and the deal is that the person whose info you're requesting gets to see yours. I don't think I should do it since there's already animosity between us but if someone who didn't bid on the auction did it there should be no problem...except the scammer will know that someone out there has his name and home address. Thoughts?
Old 19 December 2017, 10:34 AM   #108
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't think I should do it since there's already animosity between us but if someone who didn't bid on the auction did it there should be no problem...except the scammer will know that someone out there has his name and home address. Thoughts?
I've clicked 'save this seller' so I'll get an e-mail alert any time he lists something new.

With most of these guys it's once bitten, twice shy.

After the four negatives, he'd be a fool to offer them again.
Old 19 December 2017, 10:49 AM   #109
Canook
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many to list
Quote:

MESSAGE 10 BELOW

MESSAGE 9 BELOW

MESSAGE 8 BELOW

MESSAGE 7 BELOW

MESSAGE 6 BELOW

MESSAGE 5 BELOW

MESSAGE 4 BELOW

MESSAGE 3 BELOW

MESSAGE 2

MESSAGE 1

Hi BUYER,

Thanks!
you sir are a champion! love your work lol!
-16610LV KERMIT
-116600 SD4000....16612 Yachtmaster- 16710 PEPSI
-216570(polar)
-
-Yachtmaster II 116688 126300 Datejust 41 jubilee

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
Canook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:13 PM   #110
hnn17
"TRF" Member

seller got 0 items now, and the 4 negatives fb are not there either.
hnn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 11:38 PM   #111
promithius
"TRF" Member

He's had the neg's removed, will keep an eye on his listings though. Hopefully the 2nd chancers don't get stung.
promithius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 03:40 AM   #112
Fizoust
"TRF" Member

Reported
Fizoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 03:41 AM   #113
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizoust View Post
Reported
What did you report?
They all sold!
Old 20 December 2017, 03:42 AM   #114
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

How in the world did he already get feedback removed, yet none of those listings got removed after DAYS of reporting?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 03:44 AM   #115
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

DONT know
Maybe sales were anulled?
Does anyone have a link to a sold piece?
Old 20 December 2017, 04:13 AM   #116
ny_yeti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
DONT know
Maybe sales were anulled?
Does anyone have a link to a sold piece?
Is this it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Oyste...vip=true&rt=nc
ny_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 04:20 AM   #117
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

This should take you to all the sold listings.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/scotgilchri...p2046732.m1684

Old 20 December 2017, 04:27 AM   #118
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciawatchrepair View Post
This should take you to all the sold listings.

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=sc...te=1&LH_Sold=1

See, all gone.
Anulled? Dont know
Old 20 December 2017, 04:59 AM   #119
ny_yeti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
If you scroll to the bottom of the link I posted, it shows the green sub

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Oyste...vip=true&rt=nc
ny_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 05:19 AM   #120
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
See, all gone.
Anulled? Dont know
No. For some reason the mobile link takes you to nothing on a PC. Here's the link from my browser on my PC

https://www.ebay.com/sch/scotgilchri...p2046732.m1684