The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 December 2017, 01:09 PM   #1
MoeAha
"TRF" Member

Help in evaluating a watch!

Can anyone help me evaluate this Ulysse Nardin?

It's an Acqua24, superb condition..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_img-20171211-wa0072.jpg (46.7 KB, 71 views)
MoeAha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 06:57 PM   #2
meganfox17
Banned

I guess you should know by now this is not a watch evaluation forum. When I was in high school, a classmate wore her father's Omega Vintage Seamaster to class. She asked me how much the watch was worth, so I just gave my opinion.Let's just say I got into a lot of trouble the next day when her dad found out his daughter had sold off his Seamaster !

That's UN vintage, semipanda watch fitted with all the bells and whistles , looks unpolished in excellent condition, I assume it was manufactured in early 90s since it has the gold rimmed totalizers ? There are issues about the watch that need to be addressed first
✓ Why post 1 photo ? Personally I would request for at least 6 pictures of the watch !
✓ That's NOT the original leather strap isn't it ? Where is the bracelet that came with the watch ? Did it survive the ravages of time or gone missing ?
✓ The watch is rare but that doesn't always mean it's worth a lot of money.Is the watch fitted with an ETA modified 2892-2 movement ? It would been worth a heck of a lot more if the watch had been fitted with a UN Cal movement based on the El Primero 400

✓ For a timepiece to score big time in the vintage market ( from the same period of time ) , not only a EP movement is desirable but it must have provenance and a great history. For example , the TV drama Miami Vice in the 80s and Don Johnson / Sonny Crockett wearing the much sought after Ebel Sports Classic Chronograph with the wave bracelet. I don't know much about the romantic history of the UN Acqua 24

✓ Your vintage watch will only appeal to very exclusive group of collectors so you need to find the right buyer to get the best deal
✓ When was the watch last serviced ?
✓Do you have all the box and papers ?

Although I have an idea how much the watch is worth , I'm NOT opening my mouth on the forum . If you wish to know PM me.......
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote