The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 September 2017, 12:53 AM   #91
KarlS
Banned

^ I am seeing him in November and put some ideas on the table. Totally new watch and movement so not sure what it will look like but I think it will have enamel and guilloche!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 12:59 AM   #92
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
Crikey, Karl, there's no holds barred with you. Did you just win the lotto or something? This is a joke, btw.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 01:15 AM   #93
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
Crikey, Karl, there's no holds barred with you. Did you just win the lotto or something? This is a joke, btw.
£136 MIO tonight!
Old 23 September 2017, 02:08 AM   #94
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
^ I am seeing him in November and put some ideas on the table. Totally new watch and movement so not sure what it will look like but I think it will have enamel and guilloche!
Oh I am sure it will be awesome, it probably won't be partly hidden like the 28, so probably ruthenium is out, but of course a KV without guilloche and enamel is unthinkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
No he works like 100 people, they pay him in consequence

Quote:
£136 MIO tonight!
What? In France only 55 million, what a scam, much more people in France than in GB!!!!
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 02:30 AM   #95
PJ S
Banned

^
That’s the EuroMillions lottery, not the UK National Lottery, Karl’s referring to.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 02:50 AM   #96
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
^
That’s the EuroMillions lottery, not the UK National Lottery, Karl’s referring to.
Oh ok, was thinking what a scam. Our national lottery is like 10-15 million maximum, so it sucks, I sometimes buy tickets but euromillion you have like 1 chance in 110 million to win, basically 0% chance, but it works, people buy tickets, even me crom time to time...
Old 23 September 2017, 04:55 AM   #97
archer75
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP-AP- FPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Next to the CB yesterday with Archer, too bad he came too late, artificial light, pics would have been better with his camera, but my second set of pics seem better, even with iPhone

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Hey Arnaud, it was great to see you again but more to see KV and now I know why it is a special piece. Sorry for being late, I was hoping to get some good shots even at the streets but my meeting lasted almost at 1900 hrs which started at 1330 hrs.

You and Karl are getting all nice color variations already so I am not sure what is left to us to select

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
archer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 05:28 AM   #98
KarlS
Banned

There is a fantastic green and grey version
Old 23 September 2017, 05:47 AM   #99
Jetkopite
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5131R,6263,5712T
Wow Arnaud it looks great huge congrats really love it. Especially the case back with naked women and Greek theme with me being Greek :)))

Nicely balanced dial and blue you cannot go wrong, wear it in the best of health always..
Jetkopite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 06:14 AM   #100
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
Hey Arnaud, it was great to see you again but more to see KV and now I know why it is a special piece. Sorry for being late, I was hoping to get some good shots even at the streets but my meeting lasted almost at 1900 hrs which started at 1330 hrs.

You and Karl are getting all nice color variations already so I am not sure what is left to us to select

"Great to see you again but more to see KV"??? That's it, next time no Chivas 18 years, 4 Roses or Jameson at best Kidding of course, I understand that seeing such a watch is a dream for many. Next time we will do better pics, just tell your clients you have a more important meeting

Quote:
There is a fantastic green and grey version
Not green and purple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetkopite View Post
Wow Arnaud it looks great huge congrats really love it. Especially the case back with naked women and Greek theme with me being Greek :)))

Nicely balanced dial and blue you cannot go wrong, wear it in the best of health always..
Thanks Andy, the watch is awesome, and love the fact that for almost all people it is very under the radar, when you see the back and open it it's already a different story.
I love greek myths and legends, all the way from Homere to the Greek Empire and the fall of Constantinople in 1453, well even if it was named the Roman Oriental Empire and was for a short time, it was in reality Greek not Roman. I am a big History fan, and the wars of Troy, Pelopenese, against the persian Empire, Alexander the Great, and the whole history of the Byzantine empire from start to finish with Constantin, are among my favorite subjects of History, have read and have many books about them, fascinating really
Old 23 September 2017, 04:09 PM   #101
Jetkopite
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5131R,6263,5712T
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
"Great to see you again but more to see KV"??? That's it, next time no Chivas 18 years, 4 Roses or Jameson at best Kidding of course, I understand that seeing such a watch is a dream for many. Next time we will do better pics, just tell your clients you have a more important meeting

Not green and purple?

Thanks Andy, the watch is awesome, and love the fact that for almost all people it is very under the radar, when you see the back and open it it's already a different story.

I love greek myths and legends, all the way from Homere to the Greek Empire and the fall of Constantinople in 1453, well even if it was named the Roman Oriental Empire and was for a short time, it was in reality Greek not Roman. I am a big History fan, and the wars of Troy, Pelopenese, against the persian Empire, Alexander the Great, and the whole history of the Byzantine empire from start to finish with Constantin, are among my favorite subjects of History, have read and have many books about them, fascinating really

That's great man you know your Greek history and yeah some great stories there. It's awesome you can have a little part of something you are passionate about engraved at the back of your KV, a real ONE and ONLY master piece. I've been following yours and Karl's journeys and very happy both KVs came out perfect both are stunning pieces. :-)))

Jetkopite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 04:48 PM   #102
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetkopite View Post
That's great man you know your Greek history and yeah some great stories there. It's awesome you can have a little part of something you are passionate about engraved at the back of your KV, a real ONE and ONLY master piece. I've been following yours and Karl's journeys and very happy both KVs came out perfect both are stunning pieces. :-)))

They are clearly my favorite parts of History, which runs almost 2500 years, what is amazing is that the first and last Emperor of the Byzantine Empire were both named Constantin, from the Trojan war to the fall of Constantinople, along with the Roman Carthaginian wars and other History of Rome, the Crusades, the Napoleonian wars, these are my favorite subjects, like you say I am passionate about these periods and events, I like many other subjects of course, but these are just fascinating, and if to compare between them, Greek History is the biggest of them all, you descend from the most fascinating ancestors
Old 27 September 2017, 02:47 PM   #103
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

Wow// Congratulations. I am so glad you finally got it.. Looks gorgeous. A super big congratulations once again
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 02:59 PM   #104
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchucallit View Post
Wow// Congratulations. I am so glad you finally got it.. Looks gorgeous. A super big congratulations once again
Thank you my friend, also very glad, really love the watch, your Gronefeld will also be a great watch and very special, good choice as well
Old 2 October 2017, 11:31 PM   #105
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Congrats it’s finally here!
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2017, 01:00 AM   #106
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2517 View Post
Congrats it’s finally here!
Thanks Tom, and have been wearing it since I have it, very cool and under the radar watch
Old 3 October 2017, 01:25 AM   #107
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Too late in the party but...huge congrats man!!!! Aphrodite also looks great and all natural.

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2017, 04:11 AM   #108
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannis7777 View Post
Too late in the party but...huge congrats man!!!! Aphrodite also looks great and all natural.
Hahaha well I had many cases of natural which looked just wow, but it's barely visible in real, and the ensemble looks great so don't care, and I am not the kind to look at my watches X20, just on pics it kinda bothered me at first, now no and in real no. Anyways thanks Yannis
Old 3 October 2017, 04:41 AM   #109
lapince
"TRF" Member

This is for Karl mostly, but also for others who want to see the movement more, posted little of it. And please notice that my fingers are not in beast mode anymore)))

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 3 October 2017, 06:08 AM   #110
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Was going to congratulate you on the newly groomed nails! I'm sure women all over Odessa are rejoicing.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2017, 06:30 AM   #111
tng11
"TRF" Member

That movement...

Though I can't help but wonder, was there a reason for the back of the officer caseback to not have a mirror polish? That would be a really stunning match with that movement.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2017, 07:28 AM   #112
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
Was going to congratulate you on the newly groomed nails! I'm sure women all over Odessa are rejoicing.
I knew you would make a joke about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
That movement...

Though I can't help but wonder, was there a reason for the back of the officer caseback to not have a mirror polish? That would be a really stunning match with that movement.
Hum interesting question, haven't asked it to be, I kind of prefer brushed vs polished metals, though my first Harley was all chromes, totally modified, a real hassle to clean and make it look good, my second and actual is all black, 48, much less hassle, but the back might be great polished would make the movement look awesome. Won't give back the watch just for that, and clearly won't let any third party do that, but in 7 years when I give the watch for servicing might ask it to be done, thanks for the idea
Old 3 October 2017, 09:01 PM   #113
mailman
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Just seeing this Arnaud. Big congrats to you I love the fact that you designed it and it's your own unique individual watch
Old 4 October 2017, 12:46 AM   #114
wach16
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228239, PAM00684
Amazing...Huge congrats!

Rolex 228239
PAM00684
wach16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 12:59 AM   #115
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Just seeing this Arnaud. Big congrats to you I love the fact that you designed it and it's your own unique individual watch
Thank you my friend, and yes the fact you designed it and not another in the world is like it is priceless, can't do more special LE than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by wach16 View Post
Amazing...Huge congrats!
Thanks